• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Awesome dude, I'm looking forward to ALL the games myself, the only problem I had was we just needed MORE of them that's all.

#22 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Good point.  My daughter is still too young to play, but when she's as old as your kids I want her playing Nintendo for all the reasons you mentioned.  

Not just for the safety, but for the simple joy of gaming that Nintendo games bring.  

How old is she? You got to use the fact that you can still win when they are young :)

Great story there!

Always good to see kids trying to get their parents play with them and sharing stuff that makes them happy!

I always play with them. And I think it's a great medium to have the kids play together and bond. I always look back and remember how I used to play Zelda, Mario and Sonic with my brothers.  Most of the parents in their class don't even know the difference between an xbox and a wii. It's a really nice hobby we share and at least I can still win now...:) 

I'm glad to hear your kids like the news today. That's why I love Nintendo, because when my kids are old enough to play, I can sit down and enjoy the game with them.

Yup, I really enjoy playing with them. Both started gaming when they were around 2.5 years old. The youngest (now4) starts to challenge me with MarioKart7 and really plays the hell out of New Mario Bros 2, Skylanders, NSMBWiiU, Mario 3D, Luigi Mansion2, Nintendoland and Lego Batman2. While the older one (6) plays all of the above a little bit less but really enjoys Nintendodogs and is looking forward to Animal Crossing. I think I made the right decision when opting for the Wiiu as a console that would take care of every familymember. 

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#23 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Aww cute story! But seriously, nintendo should make a 3D mario that is for the older gamers.

You mean like conkers bad fur day :)

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#24 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

How old is she? You got to use the fact that you can still win when they are young :)

I always play with them. And I think it's a great medium to have the kids play together and bond. I always look back and remember how I used to play Zelda, Mario and Sonic with my brothers.  Most of the parents in their class don't even know the difference between an xbox and a wii. It's a really nice hobby we share and at least I can still win now... :)

Yup, I really enjoy playing with them. Both started gaming when they were around 2.5 years old. The youngest (now4) starts to challenge me with MarioKart7 and really plays the hell out of New Mario Bros 2, Skylanders, NSMBWiiU, Mario 3D, Luigi Mansion2, Nintendoland and Lego Batman2. While the older one (6) plays all of the above a little bit less but really enjoys Nintendodogs and is looking forward to Animal Crossing. I think I made the right decision when opting for the Wiiu as a console that would take care of every familymember. 

I need to get a mario game for my sun then. Hopefully I can get him where he is able to play it well.

I'd love to see that game in HD.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#25 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

I need to get a mario game for my sun then. Hopefully I can get him where he is able to play it well.

I just let him play level 1.1 over and over again. Helped him a few times, but mostly let him just wander around aimlesly. In a couple of days he started to figure things out.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#26 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

I just let him play level 1.1 over and over again. Helped him a few times, but mostly let him just wander around aimlesly. In a couple of days he started to figure things out.

I'll do that!

#27 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

I'd love to see that game in HD.

Oh me to, I loved that game when i was younger, Wish i could get it back for a half decent price these days. 

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#28 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

That game got horrible reviews- I actually think I might like it- I want to get it used or something.  What are your thoughts?

If you are talking about "Survival Instinct" then let me tell you it is nowhere near as bad as people claim it is. I actually think it's pretty fun but it is quite short. I would say it is worth buying used when it is cheap. Maybe for £20-25.

#29 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

Haha well she's just 6 months...so I've got a little time but I'm looking forward to it!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#30 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Oh me to, I loved that game when i was younger, Wish i could get it back for a half decent price these days.

I understand! Or be bale to play a new one! Sadly, it's a Rare game, so Microsoft probably has the rights to it. :'(

#31 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

I must be a child at heart. At almost 25-years-old, I was still excited just as I would've been as a child from the games. I don't think I'll ever outgrow Nintendo.

#32 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

Haha. I meant make it like 64 sunshine galaxy.

Instead they port 3D land! I hate this!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!