Photo

What College course are you planning to get, in or finished with?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Just a curious question ^_^ . For me, I'm required by law to get a science/math/engineering course so I'm probably going to take BS ComSci in Real-time interactive simulation or some engineering course.

Edited by PopiPenguin, 15 June 2013 - 11:27 PM.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#2 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

I have just finished the first year of Film and Screen Studies at Bath Spa University. Got a 2/1 in all but one module in which I got a first!

Very much enjoying it so far, looking forward to the second year.

Bring the noise.

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

I need to get my GED first.

Signature_DK.png

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

No idea yet. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

No idea yet. 

Something tells me you would make a good news reporter.

Signature_DK.png

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

I got top marks in my Business and IT class in College 3 years ago :D

#7 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

Just a curious question ^_^ . For me, I'm required by law to get a science/math/engineering course so I'm probably going to take BS ComSci in Real-time interactive simulation or some engineering course.

I've just been taking general courses because I really don't know what I want to major in yet....

The ones I've completed are -

Public Speaking

Sociology l

English Composition l

Introductory Algebra (Yes, my math is HORRIBLE!)

Currently taking -

English Composition ll

Intermediate Algebra 

Plan on taking during fall semester - 

Astronomy l

The World: Antiquity

College Algebra

Logic & Program Design (Hopefully I'll like computer science)

I need to get my GED first.

I know you probably heard this before but...

Aaah GET IT! I got mine last year and it wasn't too bad. One of the best decisions I've made in my life. 

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#8 Xerocks

Xerocks

Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Working on my MLIS (Master of Library and Information Science). I am specializing in metadata librarianship, young adult librarianship and management. It's a lot for one person's plate, but I should be done in about one more year.

- Physical media forever!

#9 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

I've just been taking general courses because I really don't know what I want to major in yet....

The ones I've completed are -

Public Speaking

Sociology l

English Composition l

Introductory Algebra (Yes, my math is HORRIBLE!)

Currently taking -

English Composition ll

Intermediate Algebra 

Plan on taking during fall semester - 

Astronomy l

The World: Antiquity

College Algebra

Logic & Program Design (Hopefully I'll like computer science)

I know you probably heard this before but...

Aaah GET IT! I got mine last year and it wasn't too bad. One of the best decisions I've made in my life. 

When someone who's not from America talks about a "course" it usually means "course (of study)," which seems to be the case here (i.e. not "course" as in "class" asking you to list every single class you took).  

My B.A. is in Classical Languages & Literature and Germanic Languages & Literature

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#10 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

When someone who's not from America talks about a "course" it usually means "course (of study)," which seems to be the case here (i.e. not "course" as in "class" asking you to list every single class you took).  

My B.A. is in Classical Languages & Literature and Germanic Languages & Literature

Ah, should've known. 

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'd recommend a trades like Computer Information Technology. I don't really believe in getting a degree in something where job prospects are dubious at best. Unless it is related to something you love and you know for a fact AND can see yourself using what you learned, in which case by all means but you should still have a plan for a decent job because now you have a student loan. And I believe in the USA it's illegal to default on student loans.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'm still getting things figured out as the e-mail I got from NMT was too vague.  I'm signed up to have a CS major, but I would like to major in Technical Communications (and have a CS background if possible).

For freshman and junior year, I pretty much have to do all the same core classes.

Right now I'm looking at (required classes):

3 hours of English

4 hours of Math

5 hours of physics (2 hours of lab)

and another 3 or 4 hours to be a full time student.  I'm thinking maybe a computer science or astronomy course or a spanish course (I took over 5 years of spanish for public school and 6 hours of foreign language is a requirement)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!