• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

I've been playing Nintendo games for a long time! Although, most of my favorites come from the 2000 - 2003 time frame. My favorite game is Animal Crossing, but I've kind of lost faith in that series now as Nintendo doesn't seem to care much about it anymore. Hopefully the 3DS version will change that.

Well IMO it is not as much as they don't care, more of people prefer the other franchises like Zelda and Mario

Anyways welcome :D
You will like it here, just make sure to say "giggity" a lot for free cookies. :D
Posted Image
Click my license if you would like some shiny nickles.

#22 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

@starrgrl24 - I'm a music major, too. Once I transfer out of community college (next year, hopefully) I hope to go into Instrumental Music Education to become a band director.

WOW I'm in a community college too and planning to be a music education major when I transfer as well! I'm hoping to do both general/choral and instrumental since I play piano and violin. The piano being my major instrument and I'm getting a performance certificate depending on where I get accepted. It's so awesome to meet someone like you. :)

#23 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

Thanks to everybody who has posted since my last post (usually introductory topics have died by now. lol Seems like this community is better than others. :P )

WOW I'm in a community college too and planning to be a music education major when I transfer as well! I'm hoping to do both general/choral and instrumental since I play piano and violin. The piano being my major instrument and I'm getting a performance certificate depending on where I get accepted. It's so awesome to meet someone like you. :)

Being a Music Major is fun! Glad to know I'm not the only one here.

The instrument I play is the bassoon. My mom wants me to learn the violin now "to prepare me for my education career". I don't know if that will go all of that well. :laugh:

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#24 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

Thanks to everybody who has posted since my last post (usually introductory topics have died by now. lol Seems like this community is better than others. :P )

Being a Music Major is fun! Glad to know I'm not the only one here.

The instrument I play is the bassoon. My mom wants me to learn the violin now "to prepare me for my education career". I don't know if that will go all of that well. :laugh:

Haha...well sometimes you gotta learn more in order to get a job. xD It kinda sucks that pianist are usually in the general/choral and I CAN'T sing at all. Hey, you may wind up teaching a string orchestra like my high school band teacher after the orchestra director at my high school left. lol Besides, depending on where you transfer some universities may let you take some string technique/beginning string course. 0=

#25 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

Haha...well sometimes you gotta learn more in order to get a job. xD It kinda sucks that pianist are usually in the general/choral and I CAN'T sing at all. Hey, you may wind up teaching a string orchestra like my high school band teacher after the orchestra director at my high school left. lol Besides, depending on where you transfer some universities may let you take some string technique/beginning string course. 0=

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure those classes are at every single university I have looked into.

I guess I might as well save myself the embarrassment, right? Although I'm not even sure how those classes even work. I'm pretty sure I'd be far from the only one who was foreign to strings.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#26 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

This community you see here really is something else. The users ages on this forum vary, I think the youngest we have is 10 or 11 year old but we also have a few older members around here.

Hi, im superdarkyoshi. Since I trust that you are going to be fairly active on this forum I will take my time in telling you about me. Bear with me, this might be a little long.

I am the eh... darkest yoshi if you haven't noticed already. I am 15 years old, but people always mistake me for being older. I am a writer/poet, and also a musician. I have been learning to play guitar for about 2 years now, and I think I could say that I know a thing or two about it. Currently I am studying blues and fretboard logic and know the basic chords and notes as well as scales. John mayer is my hero, he inspires a lot of my thoughts and the things I write. I was in band for three years of my middle school career as a trombone player, but quit after 8th grade due to a bad experience and the instructor. I am on a fencing team and part of the fencing community (registered fencer, that fences in tournaments). I am also in a speech/debate team, and also compete. I write speeches, mostly about motivational things because my later childhood memories were not the best and wish to change a few people thoughts and ideas. I am fascinated in the paranormal and dreams, and whenever I can I like to research it when I have free time. I am a part of a few fantoms, including the furry fandom, Visual novels, and square enix games.

Hope you enjoy your stay. Ask questions, follow the rules and, of course, have fun!

p.s

oh, and I also go by my alternate persona, elric the fox, or the golden albino wizard, just to throw that out there.

Edited by superdarkyoshi, 02 September 2011 - 04:57 PM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#27 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

Hiya Envy Welcome to the Fourms.
Posted Image

#28 nintendo4life

nintendo4life

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario games

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

hey. welcome. it nice to see another animal crossing fan.

#29 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:22 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!