#1 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

For all my life, I've never owned a HD TV. But now that 1080p is the standard.. I have to move on. I recently borrowed a 22" 1080p 50hz tv from my grandpa. He said I could buy it for 150 euros. It's an Akai. 

It's pretty small, but I don't have much space here anyway. Still, I'd like a 32", but my budget is 300. I have other things I need (I still don't own a Wii U). 22" especially is small for offline multiplayer. The main thing with this TV is, some games look pretty... awkward. The colors are washed out. Maybe it's just HD, but games like COD look WAY less realistic. I already adjusted some settings and it does look a bit better, but nothing significantly. My friend's 22/24" has the same, my other friend's 32" has less of this issue, my cousin's 40" has nearly no issues. The best thing on 'my' TV, is the menu's, and even the X360 home menu has aliased/blurry letters and symbols. 

Off course this is still a step up from my previous 480p(? might be 520 dunno) tv, but I'm not that amazed... the only game that looks reaaaallyy good so far is RE6, but MW2 looks almost cartoony and AC has ugly dark environments, only lighted areas like high towers look good. Also, is the 50hz thing an issue? I read it basically upscales to 60hz.. I remember not being able to play the GC version of ocarina of time and Metroid Prime 2 back in the day, so I'm worried about it, and also 60fps is becoming the standard.

Could you guys give me some advice?

No sig.

#2 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

Your eye won't be able to see 1080p at 22" that's why it looks so washed out.
buy a 32", I bought mine like 3 years ago an LG for 300, so they should be cheaper now. Mine isn't the best ever but it's not bad by any standard. 

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

just get any regular TV with a 1080 P resoloution and get a big enough one for you. that is all :P

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

I have a 42 inch Phillips 1080p got it last year I don't think i could ever go back now.

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

I've been gaming on a 60 inch 1080p smart TV, so I recommend at least 40-46. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

I keep hearing good things about the playstation television.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

Playstation TV..? Never heard of it.

Your eye won't be able to see 1080p at 22" that's why it looks so washed out.
buy a 32", I bought mine like 3 years ago an LG for 300, so they should be cheaper now. Mine isn't the best ever but it's not bad by any standard.

What evidence do you have for this?

Also, not an inch bigger than 32" because of my budget.

http://www.samsung.c.../UE32EH5000KXXU

This seems like a decent tv to me? It's only 269 euro's for a limited time, so please reply.. Can't find too many reviews, but most are positive. 

No sig.

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

Playstation TV..? Never heard of it.

What evidence do you have for this?
Also, not an inch bigger than 32" because of my budget.http://www.samsung.c.../UE32EH5000KXXU

This seems like a decent tv to me? It's only 269 euro's for a limited time, so please reply.. Can't find too many reviews, but most are positive.

In all honesty to get the best out of 1080P you need at least a 40" TV. On a 32" TV you can definitely appreciate the higher resolution though. I have a 32" Sony Bravia 1080P TV and its a world of difference from my old Samsung 26" 720P TV. The one you have linked to should be just fine if you're limited to 32" TV's.

I

#9 Greg1040

Greg1040

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

Panasonic plasma no need to look anywhere els get a decent size for cheap.. Had a 50inch gt30 thought the picture was outstanding with low response time then upgraded that to the 65inch vt50 series and can't fault it wouldn't look at any other make now. U can get a decent st series size for cheap which is meant to be a great set just not as much options for calibration or thx mode as standard.

355E4682-C601-40B0-ACB8-97384540EEAC-204

New toy replacing old 1 :)

#10 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

I have an LG http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They don't have left on there but mine was 42" as for me personally 42" is perfect size. any more its too big for me to game on and thing smaller and it's too small. The reason I got this one is it's 3D. A lot of games on PS3 are 3D and look much better if you play them as such as you get the best sense deph ect...

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

I wouldn't recommend a plasma... every one I've seen has had sticking issues

And I was referring to this tv http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B0050SZ49Y

Which I suppose is actually a 24"

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

I have an LG hdtv with very good monitor for TV and computing 60hz for 330 euros 1 year ago.. now I need 1 more :)  going to a newer LG tv 40 inch model for about 380 (from the same store). lol

I always prefer it without 3d support  and you must always check if the TV is also capable for computing monitor... some HDTV's are not good for computers, they are better for TV and vise verse... some HDTV are better for monitors and mediocre for TV... You must always check (minimum 60hz)... If the TV is good for computers, then is going to be super wow for consoles also.

I dont like sony hdtv I dont trust much samsung (they have amazing quality, but they have cheap transistors, they brake after 2-3 years) I had a huge problem with my old computer monitor..

Edited by Plutonas, 21 June 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#13 Greg1040

Greg1040

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

I wouldn't recommend a plasma... every one I've seen has had sticking issues
And I was referring to this tv http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B0050SZ49Y
Which I suppose is actually a 24"

What you mean sticking issues? if u mean image burn or retention it is practically non exsisting these days in decent plasmas. Both my pennies have been perfect. Just wear them in correctly and don't leave an image on for hours and hours the first day u get it and you will be fine. And with there mega low response time for gaming what more can u ask for.

#14 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Although I don't own a plasma I agree. Most problems from the past are history. Since people still believe they have these flaws you can get the fairly cheap as well. y next tv will be a Plasma

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

I got a cheap VisionQuest plasma. t does have the sticking issue.

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

In all honesty to get the best out of 1080P you need at least a 40" TV. On a 32" TV you can definitely appreciate the higher resolution though. I have a 32" Sony Bravia 1080P TV and its a world of difference from my old Samsung 26" 720P TV. The one you have linked to should be just fine if you're limited to 32" TV's.

I

Thanks. Maybe I should mention I'm onlly a 17 year old teenager with the most rainbowty job ever, that also needs to buy a new PC because the old one is from 2006, likes guitar playing and needs lessons and gear, need a driver's license and the list goes on and on... so no, I won't be able to buy a 40", even though my cousin's 40" looks horsing brilliant.

Can also someone answer my 50hz question?

Panasonic plasma no need to look anywhere els get a decent size for cheap.. Had a 50inch gt30 thought the picture was outstanding with low response time then upgraded that to the 65inch vt50 series and can't fault it wouldn't look at any other make now. U can get a decent st series size for cheap which is meant to be a great set just not as much options for calibration or thx mode as standard.

355E4682-C601-40B0-ACB8-97384540EEAC-204

New toy replacing old 1 :)

That's some nice stuff!

No sig.

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

Thanks. Maybe I should mention I'm onlly a 17 year old teenager with the most rainbowty job ever, that also needs to buy a new PC because the old one is from 2006, likes guitar playing and needs lessons and gear, need a driver's license and the list goes on and on... so no, I won't be able to buy a 40", even though my cousin's 40" looks horsing brilliant.

In which case, check out craigslist or kijiji or whatever local classifieds you have. I got an old Hitachi 51f500 for $80, and it's a really awesome 51" tv even if it's only 1080i.

Just see what's available. you might find something you like that you can afford.

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

As far as I'm aware games will play in 50Hz on a TV that only supports that even if they are 60Hz. With LCD/LED and at least new plasmas this isn't an issue as they support multiple frequency rates. Some people can tell the difference between them especially 50Hz and 60Hz although I can't. In the old days with CRT TV's it was an issue as in the EU/UK it was 50hz and in the US it was 60Hz. people use to say the games in the EU/UK played slower. As there were TV's that supported both people often use to import games. It may be an issue for you or it may not at the end of the day. If you buy a new TV this wont obviously be an issue.

#19 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

I would definetly go for a 40 - 42.

I bought a Phillips 42'' full HD in january that was on offer for 2800DKK (375 euro). I am from Denmark, so everything is verry expensive compared to most countys, so you should be able to find something to that Price if not cheaper.

#20 Greg1040

Greg1040

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Can also someone answer my 50hz question?

That's some nice stuff!

Cheers mate I'm big on hd and gaming need to get myself a proper audio set up but gaming and hdmovies are a treat with the set. Really want to sell up and get the new vt/zt 65 set reference level quality meant to be best quality u will get from any TV set.

I'm not a fan of all this overly bright led TV sets, I like a proper true colour and plasma at night time won't be beaten for picture quality. Each to there own have friends who can not see past all these bright colours but any1 that sees a decent plasma set been calibrated with a blue ray will not be disappointed and gaming go look at your response times plasma as well will be up top.

Seriously urge u to look at the st50 panels great reviews all around for them at a decent price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!