Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Paper Mario and others.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392170/
^This is the IMBD page for the movie. It shows the full cast :3

I loved these books, and I'm really hoping the movie lives up to the book's reputation. It's looking pretty good so far, as Woody Harrelson will be playing Haymitch, and Katniss is being played by the very pretty Jennifer Lawrence. Have any of you read these books? How do you think the movie looks?

Edited by Paper Isam, 01 September 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#2 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

Let's hope this isn't another Percy Jackson...
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#3 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

Since it comes out the day before my birthday, ill probably see it. I have not read the books.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#4 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

Let's hope this isn't another Percy Jackson...

Percy Jackson was an Alright book to movie adaptation. The correct phrase is Let``s hope this isn`t another Eragon.
OT: I`m really not looking foward to this, only because the Hunger Games IMO can not be made into a movie

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#5 Paper Isam

Paper Isam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Paper Mario and others.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

Percy Jackson was an Alright book to movie adaptation. The correct phrase is Let``s hope this isn`t another Eragon. OT: I`m really not looking foward to this, only because the Hunger Games IMO can not be made into a movie

Ya? I'm kind of wondering the same thing, considering it's a first-person book and it will be hard to express her thoughts during the games. Is that what you were thinking?

#6 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

Percy Jackson was an Alright book to movie adaptation. The correct phrase is Let``s hope this isn`t another Eragon.
OT: I`m really not looking foward to this, only because the Hunger Games IMO can not be made into a movie

Are you kidding me? The Percy Jackson Movie changed everything about the story. The only thing the book and the movie had in common was the name of the characters. The Eragon movie may not have been as good a book to movie adaptation as the Harry Potter movies, but at least it tried to follow the plot of the book.

OT: I saw an advertisement on facebook for this movie, and it actually misspelled Katniss' last name. I read the first two books, and if memory serves her last name was Everdeen.The advertisement had it as Evergreen. Let's hope this isn't a sign of how the rest of the movie will turn out.
Posted Image

#7 Paper Isam

Paper Isam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Paper Mario and others.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

OT: I saw an advertisement on facebook for this movie, and it actually misspelled Katniss' last name. I read the first two books, and if memory serves her last name was Everdeen.The advertisement had it as Evergreen. Let's hope this isn't a sign of how the rest of the movie will turn out.

Lmao, you can't trust those, there are like 9,001 pages on their made about the movie. I think it'll be just fine :D

#8 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

Lmao, you can't trust those, there are like 9,001 pages on their made about the movie. I think it'll be just fine :D

Are you making a reference to a certain DBZ quote?
OT: While that may be true, I'm still gonna be cautious with this one. Ever since I rented the Percy Jackson movie, I've been skeptical off all movies based on popular books.
Posted Image

#9 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

Are you kidding me? The Percy Jackson Movie changed everything about the story. The only thing the book and the movie had in common was the name of the characters. The Eragon movie may not have been as good a book to movie adaptation as the Harry Potter movies, but at least it tried to follow the plot of the book.

No, the Film still followed the basic plot and kept most of the characters the same. Eragon messed with so many of the characters it`s not even funny.

Are you making a reference to a certain DBZ quote?
OT: While that may be true, I'm still gonna be cautious with this one. Ever since I rented the Percy Jackson movie, I've been skeptical off all movies based on popular books.

Just Remember Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Those keep me hopeful for book to movie adapatations

Edited by Lord N, 31 August 2011 - 06:50 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#10 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:53 AM

No, the Film still followed the basic plot and kept most of the characters the same. Eragon messed with so many of the characters it`s not even funny

And Percy Jackson didn't mess up on the characters? They turned Grover into a ladies man and Hades into a freaking biker! It's like they got him mixed up with Ares. They couldn't even get a blond girl to play Annabeth! They also made Hades the Villain! "Who the heck is Kronos? Never heard of him." I'm sorry, but the Percy Jackson movie completely disappointed me as a fan of the books.
Posted Image

#11 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:34 AM

Ummm, the Percy Jackson movie was terrible. I've read the books like 20 times each, and the plot goes faaaaaaaar away in the movie.

I am TRULY excited for the movie. Who is playing Peeta again?
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#12 Paper Isam

Paper Isam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Paper Mario and others.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

Well, I'll probably be seeing it the day it comes out, so I'll let you know how it was :3 What do you think of the cast?

Ummm, the Percy Jackson movie was terrible. I've read the books like 20 times each, and the plot goes faaaaaaaar away in the movie. I am TRULY excited for the movie. Who is playing Peeta again?

I edited the post with the IMBD page for the movie. It has the full cast listed :D

Edited by Paper Isam, 01 September 2011 - 12:36 PM.

#13 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

They couldn't even get a blond girl to play Annabeth!

I get everything else, but I still don't get this.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#14 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:34 AM

I thought that Percy Jackson was good in its own way, but not as a book adaptation.

They better not screw this up.
Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!