Photo

Sony isn't including the PS Camera with the PS4 to get the price advantage on MS

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...rosoft-on-price

Sly Sony up to their tricks again. :P

This will definently be a problem because not every consumer will have one, so Devs won't dev for it, so it will become like the Kinect, useless after a while.

This also makes the LightBar kinda useless other than appeal which suxx

I was thinking of getting the Camera anyway though, cuz the features tie well with the console.
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

I'm still going to buy an Eye just because of this video. Imagine having a little Knack in your living room?

I expect some sort of Ghost game with this thing.

Edited by Colinx, 26 June 2013 - 12:41 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#3 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

I don't really like the camera but that video was good =)

#4 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Even if the camera had to be included. It would only be $460.

#5 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Even if the camera had to be included. It would only be $460.

http://www.escapistm...mera-Peripheral

2lvmghw.png

#6 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

I don't care, I never liked the camera anyway. It's good they don't make you buy it. Hopefully it wasn't going to be included in games anyways, kinect games sucked.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#7 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Watch as Microsoft damages control by getting rid of mandatory Kinect setup.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#8 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Pfft who cares? Microsoft doesn't even include a headset with Xbone yet PS4 does while being cheaper, sexier and more powerful.

#9 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Sony didn`t just outdone MS, they also shot themselves in the foot. Not being part of the actual HW will mean that not everyone will own one and developers will look at this (attach rates). And seeing as MS will bundle Kinect, the EYE will probably go the same route as the EYE for PS3 and Move: it won`t make a real difference.

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

I couldn't give a flying f about all of these motion controls and wierd cameras and stuff, I'm glad Sony have taken it out and made PS4 cheaper, it's not needed, just give me games.

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...rosoft-on-price

Sly Sony up to their tricks again. :P

This will definently be a problem because not every consumer will have one, so Devs won't dev for it, so it will become like the Kinect, useless after a while.

This also makes the LightBar kinda useless other than appeal which suxx

I was thinking of getting the Camera anyway though, cuz the features tie well with the console.

That's not strictly true. The light bar on the controller isn't just for communicating with the camera. It also indicates which player you are. Also developers can include things in their game which trigger the light bar and make it light up a certain colour indicating something specific.

I do think its a mistake leaving it out. The trade off is that the console comes in at a lower price. It also means that developers won't have any incentive to include its use in their games and in the long run this might be more significant then having a higher price. They should have just bit the bullet and included it with a higher price tag.

#12 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

i love it when people think Sony is "being sly" for keeping peripherals PERIPHERALS! If it's optional, I DONT WANT to have to buy it. Now if it were mandatory and they didn't include it in the cost, yes, that would be messed up. But it's not, and i'm thrilled. I don't like these silly little gimmicks that watch me all day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!