Photo

If Nintendo remade Majora's Mask with an extended timer would you play it?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Lets say Nintendo decided to remake Majora's Mask for the 3DS or Wii U, and extended the time it took to complete the game, would you play it? The main complaint with Majora's Mask is the time restraint. Of course I'm not just talking about through Ocarina melodies.  As a kid, I didn't know about the song to slow down time, so I never really did get around to completing the game, I grew frustrated and stop playing it. 

I have seen the ending to the game via lets plays and walkthroughs, but I would like to see the time slightly increased, so I could finally complete the game. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

No. Majora's Mask wouldn't feel the same without the time constraints. It may have been frustrating to people, but I enjoyed it. It made the game unique and you felt a real sense of urgency. Plus, there was more than enough time to complete the game.

Edited by Gaymer, 30 June 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#3 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

You mean the Song of Inverted Time wasn't enough time for you? Just curious.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#4 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

The time does make me frustrated but iI think it should stay the same. I never got past the first area bu t I know once you got so far, you don't need to do everything all over again like wen u got to the temple, you could go back in time and you would have the full three days to complete it.the really should remake it for the wii u.

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

If you can't use the song of time then yes I'll play it.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

i would still play it, but there is no point in making the game easier, its not fun when games "hold your hand" maybe if it was like an easy mode or something, i wouldnt care, but it would screw up a lot of things because the npcs move with the time, the old bomb shop lady forexample, she would speed up/slow down depending on the flow of time, so to slow it down a bit would make her slower, and to use the inverted song of time would be her moving a pixel each 1/4 a frame (yes, i know, that was a over exaggeration, but i was just trying to get my point across)

wa3Nq7j.png

#7 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Longer timer, no. Slower timer? Maybe.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#8 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Call me a lunatic but I don't want an extended timer, but instead want a Master Quest that has the slowing of time disabled.  I'm not sure what's wrong with me.

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

I would play it. I haven't even played Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time yet. :(

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

If Nintendo remade Majora's Mask would you guys take it and stop begging or move onto another Zelda game? Wind Waker> Majora's Mask by the way 

#11 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

If Nintendo remade Majora's Mask would you guys take it and stop begging or move onto another Zelda game? Wind Waker> Majora's Mask by the way 

Wind Waker is garbage, IMO.

• BnB likes this

#12 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

so is your opinion ; )

wa3Nq7j.png

#13 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

so is your opinion ; )

So your opinion is that my opinion is garbage? Gotcha. Could say the same for yours.

#14 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

So your opinion is that my opinion is garbage? Gotcha. Could say the same for yours.

exactly

wa3Nq7j.png

#15 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

Maybe have a mode where time is extended...

I think the time restraint played a MAJOR role in Majora's Mask from the story, difficulty, and sense of urgency/tensity on the 3rd day. At first, I felt Majora's Mask was inferior to Ocarina of Time but the more time i spend with it and the older I got, I finally understood the message Majora's Mask was trying to convey. Although I still love Ocarina of Time, I feel it's fairly simple compared to Majora's Mask.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#16 BKSmash

BKSmash

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Greatest Of The Greatest

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

God no.

I didn't understand a freakin' thing in that game anyways..

Edited by BKSmash, 02 July 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#17 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

I want Majora's Mask to become a real game....

What I mean by that to clarify is that there are a lot of reused elements from Ocarina due to the original only having an extremely short development time. For someone who had just played Ocarina with NO previous Zelda knowledge It almost offended me that the game recycled so many elements from Ocarina and didn't bother to be a completely new game. Termina to me is a neighbouring Kingdom of Hyrule NOT an alternate reality to Hyrule. For me in the alternate timeline Link travels away from Hyrule looking for Navi, and ends up in another Kingdom.

However all character models are the same. For me it really distracted from any immersion.

For me if they remade MM they'd NEED to do it properly by creating new and different character models. Of course being a remake, one would hope so.

Edited by Penguin101, 02 July 2013 - 04:02 AM.

#18 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

As long as they add more temples -- my complaint was it was entirely too short -- I would buy an HD version with or without the original time constraints.

Call me a lunatic but I don't want an extended timer, but instead want a Master Quest that has the slowing of time disabled. I'm not sure what's wrong with me.

Your a true Zelda fanatic. You need help! ^_^

Instead of just saying that a game many would consider one of the best Zelda titles out there is garbage, could you at least explain why it is so?

I consider it the best Zelda yet because the graphics were amazing. I loved the cell shade cartoon style graphics. Link actually had emotion in this game. The fact you could have an invisible hero uniform was cool (which meant you could wear the casual clothing throughout the game). The game play mechanics also were top notch for it's time. I also liked (and hated) the fact you needed to extra wallets. In all other Zelda games that was not required. So that, depending on if you found them, could make the game more difficult for you or easier.

It also had Link on the open ocean! That was awesome. Finally, it had the best end battle ever and an even sweeter end cinema scene that made the entire game more rewarding.

The biggest negative is that there wasn't a water temple. But, if you consider the search for the Triforce shards, then that was all on the open sea and required you to not only get the larger wallets but to find money to fill that wallet. Which was just as frustrating as our beloved water temple.

So, again I ask, why is mu beloved Zelda game garbage?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#19 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

As long as they add more temples -- my complaint was it was entirely too short -- I would buy an HD version with or without the original time constraints.

Your a true Zelda fanatic. You need help! ^_^

Instead of just saying that a game many would consider one of the best Zelda titles out there is garbage, could you at least explain why it is so?

I consider it the best Zelda yet because the graphics were amazing. I loved the cell shade cartoon style graphics. Link actually had emotion in this game. The fact you could have an invisible hero uniform was cool (which meant you could wear the casual clothing throughout the game). The game play mechanics also were top notch for it's time. I also liked (and hated) the fact you needed to extra wallets. In all other Zelda games that was not required. So that, depending on if you found them, could make the game more difficult for you or easier.

It also had Link on the open ocean! That was awesome. Finally, it had the best end battle ever and an even sweeter end cinema scene that made the entire game more rewarding.

The biggest negative is that there wasn't a water temple. But, if you consider the search for the Triforce shards, then that was all on the open sea and required you to not only get the larger wallets but to find money to fill that wallet. Which was just as frustrating as our beloved water temple.

So, again I ask, why is mu beloved Zelda game garbage?

I actually like Wind Waker, but nowhere near as much as Majora's Mask. The only Zelda game I truly felt was garbage is Skyward Sword. Also, why did I have to explain my views when the person I quoted simply stated "Wind Waker > Majora's Mask", especially when the thread had nothing to do with Wind Waker? Is it because he liked Wind Waker that you didn't feel he needed to explain himself? I sense bias!

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

Nope, leave the timer in :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!