Photo

Wii u Pro Controller battery in a gamepad?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RawPunk

RawPunk

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • NNID:RawPunk
  • Fandom:
    The Legend Of Zelda

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

Can it be done?

#2 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

Doubt it, but if it did the pad would last forever. I can't remember the last time I charged it.

#3 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

There is a big difference between buttons and buttons with screen, camera, mic, NFC, sensor bar, etc.  That battery would be dead very quick

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

assuming its physical dimensions are compatable sure, if you want half the battery life in your gamepad.

The pro controller lasts 80 hours because there isnt a giant screen in the middle of it, a triaxial accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnometer, not because it has a better battery than the gamepad.

Buy a 4,000 ma battery for the gamepad and boost play time to 10-15 hours.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

They have made a addon for the gamepad to make it last longer, but not 80 hours long. Not too sure what makes the gamepad so battery hungry, it does what a regular tablet does but lasts a LOT shorter, 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

There is a big difference between buttons and buttons with screen, camera, mic, NFC, sensor bar, etc.  That battery would be dead very quick

^^This^^

assuming its physical dimensions are compatable sure, if you want half the battery life in your gamepad.

The pro controller lasts 80 hours because there isnt a giant screen in the middle of it, a triaxial accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnometer, not because it has a better battery than the gamepad.

Buy a 4,000 ma battery for the gamepad and boost play time to 10-15 hours.

^^Oh and this^^

Just wait for NYOKO's (I think that is what they are called) battery pack that gives the GamePad 12 hours of battery life, that's almost 3X the ammount it has now, it should be out soon, Nintendo is developing a bigger battery pack for the GamePad but it only lasts 10 hours and it's more expensive.

#7 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

I'd rather have that official thing from Nintendo and not something that sticks out like all Nyko things does. Unfortunately it's only for Japan atm :( 

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

My gamepad is solar powered. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#9 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

They have made a addon for the gamepad to make it last longer, but not 80 hours long. Not too sure what makes the gamepad so battery hungry, it does what a regular tablet does but lasts a LOT shorter, 

most tablets  have a much bigger battry which takes up their bulk weight and are generally not replaceable.

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

I'd rather have that official thing from Nintendo and not something that sticks out like all Nyko things does. Unfortunately it's only for Japan atm :(

That's not the one I'm on about, they are actually making a battery pack that fits inside the original housing, absolutly no sticky outy things :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!