• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

I can think of 6 reasons to own a XBox One over a PS4, and am working to see whether I can change my PS4 preorder to XBox One or not. However, I do not wish to be affiliated with when Rose Red tried to defend the XBox One.

6. Since the Kinect is included with the XBox One, you'll probably get more games centered around such technology than PS4, where the camera is an optional add-on.

5. Knack and DriveClub, both PS4 games, will run at 30 FPS. Meanwhile, games such as Killer Instinct and Forza 5 for the XBox One will run at 60 FPS.

4. The Kinect 2.0 of the XBox One has various improvements over XBox 360's Kinect. It may very well be a great device.

3. Microsoft focused on innovation (like Wii U) rather than power (Vita focused on power and look what happened)

2. Sony is just as tricky as Microsoft, or close to it. They have the common people believing that if they sign up for PS Plus, they will get DriveClub, for free. What they don't tell people is that this is a cutdown version of DriveClub missing a bunch of parts to the game.

1. Sony is focusing on PS Vita as a second screen. The PS Vita is dead and nobody should have to buy one to take better advantage of a platform.

#2 ccc0mb0_bReakeR

ccc0mb0_bReakeR

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Fandom:
    Killer Instinct, Halo, Sonic, Bioshock

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

Interesting points but If that's all true and is what XB1 has got over the PS4, Sony have nothing to worry about 

Edited by ccc0mb0_bReakeR, 05 July 2013 - 04:28 AM.

#3 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

I can agree with everything you said about Kinect, but 5, 3, and 1 i strongly disagree with

5. Knack and DriveClub, both PS4 games, will run at 30 FPS. Meanwhile, games such as Killer Instinct and Forza 5 for the XBox One will run at 60 FPS.

3. Microsoft focused on innovation (like Wii U) rather than power (Vita focused on power and look what happened)

1. Sony is focusing on PS Vita as a second screen. The PS Vita is dead and nobody should have to buy one to take better advantage of a platform.

5. YOU CANNOT BASE THE E3 DEMOS TO SHOWCASE THE POWER! They are Pre-Alpha builds and can drastically change in terms of graphics, performance, story, etc.

3. Rehashing a 2 year old device is not innovation, its just an upgrade, and that's all Microsoft can do, build off of what they had

1. Sony has the OPTION of using Vita as a second screen, THE PLAYSTATION APP WITH WORK AS A SECOND SCREEN LIKE SMARTGLASS TOO.

So yeah...
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#4 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

6. Since the Kinect is included with the XBox One, you'll probably get more games centered around such technology than PS4, where the camera is an optional add-on.

That sort of seems like a double standard. They're both expensive accessories that give bonuses when partnered with the home console. It's fine for Microsoft to force the bundle, but not for Sony to have something optional? Not to mention a second screen is hardly something that could make it a mandatory purchase... And that if it did begin to feel mandatory, more sales means more PSVita games, seems win-win tbh.

I also see the graphics stuff as a bit silly. Regardless of who has better running games at launch... I see no reason for Sony's to not eventually be better. If you're into graphics and specs, the PS4 looks better in the long run.

Also, totally off topic, but I had read about Vegetable Lambs a while back, which is a real mythological creature, and well. I'm sure you know where I'm going with this. xD All I can think about when seeing your posts haha.

Posted Image

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

5. YOU CANNOT BASE THE E3 DEMOS TO SHOWCASE THE POWER! They are Pre-Alpha builds and can drastically change in terms of graphics, performance, story, etc.

There's a possibility you may be right in that both games may end up close to 60 FPS. But we have no guarantees in what the developers decide to do or whether they can achieve it.

That sort of seems like a double standard. They're both expensive accessories that give bonuses when partnered with the home console. It's fine for Microsoft to force the bundle, but not for Sony to have something optional? Not to mention a second screen is hardly something that could make it a mandatory purchase... And that if it did begin to feel mandatory, more sales means more PSVita games, seems win-win tbh.

If Sony included the PS Vita with the PS4 and for $400-$500 for the whole thing, it would be fine. But you have to invest in a $250 handheld.

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:06 AM

6. The camera is creepy and follows your every move, listens to your every word, knows who is playing the game and the information gets sent out to the government to help them... I DON'T LIKE THE GOVERNMENT!

5. *Slow Clap* Well done for comparing a 3D action game to a 2.5D fighting game. Also lots of games tested on the Xbox One was actually tested on a PC. Also these games aren't even out yet so they could make them run faster. and to be honest, 30 fps or 60 fps i don't even care, not like 60 fps will Drastically change how the game is played or anything, heck i would play any games for the rest of my life in 30 fps and i wouldn't care.

4. I don't like the kinect or the games that came out for it, why would a upgraded one make me change my mind, might be more precise but the games will most likely not change much.

3. What innovation? A TV Box that has a creepy camera that i don't like nor want in my room? It's not even a optional thing! ITS NEEDED!

2. Probably won't play online on Xbox one or PS4. Also Microsoft WAS WORSE! Not too sure now seeing as they have hired that new guy and got rid of Don, so we will see where Microsoft will go next, hopefully the way it was 1 day before the Xbox One announcement. 

1. PS Vita is optional. so it's a almost entirely pointless point.

Edited by Chrop, 05 July 2013 - 05:08 AM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

Chrop - I hope you're not using a phone, because the government records that. Better throw all your phones out. You should delete your email account as well while you're at it.

And besides, unless you're a highly wanted man, chances are you will never be monitored by the government through Kinect.

#8 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

I can think of 6 reasons to own a XBox One over a PS4, and am working to see whether I can change my PS4 preorder to XBox One or not. However, I do not wish to be affiliated with when Rose Red tried to defend the XBox One.

4. The Kinect 2.0 of the XBox One has various improvements over XBox 360's Kinect. It may very well be a great device.

2. Sony is just as tricky as Microsoft, or close to it. They have the common people believing that if they sign up for PS Plus, they will get DriveClub, for free. What they don't tell people is that this is a cutdown version of DriveClub missing a bunch of parts to the game.

6. Don't care about Kinect

5. Don't care about framerate

4. Don't care about Kinect

3. What innovation?

2. I don't care about DriveClub, PS+ does give plenty of free games so this isn't a major loss

1. Vita's an option, and not half of the PS4 games will utilize it

#9 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

There's a possibility you may be right in that both games may end up close to 60 FPS. But we have no guarantees in what the developers decide to do or whether they can achieve it.

If Sony included the PS Vita with the PS4 and for $400-$500 for the whole thing, it would be fine. But you have to invest in a $250 handheld.

I know it's more expensive in the end, but it IS a whole separate console, which brings its own benefits. Separate library, portability, etc. Kinda expected to be more expensive than a hi-tech camera thingy. Though a bundle would've been awesome.

Posted Image

#10 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

6. Most people are sick of motion gaming, so focusing on kinect is actually a turn off to most.
5. Pre alpha footage isn't something you can use in an argument, I'm sure they will run better later on.
4. A good device that can be used by the government to watch your every move. Also, most people hate motion gaming.
3. What innovation?? Their anti consumerist bullcrap? Their upgrade 3 year old kinect? They didn't innovat at all.
2. Killer instinct is the same. And PSN + comes with LOADS of free games.
1. It is just an option for those that have a Vita. GOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE IT!! It is just another option that Microsoft DOESN'T have.
Also, you forget X1 is 100$ more expensive, which is disgusting considering its lack of power.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#11 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

I'm not going to cover everything said because I'd rather not argue opinions, I'd rather argue facts. For example, it is my opinion that the Vita, despite having a few games, is pretty much as "useless" as the Kinect.

Also, you forget X1 is 100$ more expensive, which is disgusting considering its lack of power.

The Kinect for the XBox 360 cost like $150 when it came out. If you take out the Kinect 2.0 of the XBox One, you pretty much have a $350 system.

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

6. The Kinect has never had a game that made me say "HOOOOLY CRAP GUISE, I TOTALLY WANNA PLOP DOWN $100 FOR THIS" so I'm not sure how this is a big plus.

5. In my opinion, the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS is...well, very small. I certainly don't notice it. Not like it cuts into my enjoyment of a game, either.

4. And yet, even with these improvements, I don't see any games being made for it that actually work beyond maybe rail-shooters, sports, exercise, and maybe puzzle games. Which is a decent enough selection, I guess, still not worth the extra $100+tax to me, really.

3. They focused on "innovation"...which I'm guessing you mean is basically the exact same stuff the Xbox 360 has now plus DVR functions. Whoohah, my mind is so blown right now.

2. Yeah, cause you know exactly how much is being cut from Drive Club. And that's the only thing we're getting for free ever with PS Plus on the PS4. Yep. They may not even give us Outlast, Secret Ponchos, or Don't Starve like they said they would...or any other free games or discounts in the future like the service provides already.

1. Yes, focusing on the Vita as a second screen while Microsoft also focuses on a second screen with Smartglass, which may or may not be more expensive in the long run than with a Vita.

So...yeah. I'm not seeing any huge advantages here between the Xbone/PS4 other than personal preference of games and...I guess power available.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

Worst reasons to pick one over the other...ever...

1 - Nobody cares about the Kinect - everyone cares about $100 bucks.

2 - Not a selling point that 99% of people care about - No one will be like " well...2 of these games run at 30fps...that must mean all the PS4 games will in the future...better base my purchase off this fact."

3 - Microsoft is focused on innovation? Did you fall on your head? Surface does what other tablets and smartphones been doing for years prior. The kinect proved no one gives a rats ass about "innovation" especially when developers don't care about it either and don't support it.

4 - Sony is not being tricky - they straight up said its a free version. Being tricky would not making that public knowledge, you knowing it and posting it here shows that. 

5 - The PSVita is not dead and plenty of people care about it - when the PS4 comes out you will see plenty of Vita's moving off shelves and their are plenty of games coming out between now and end of year. Also why is this a reason to buy an Xbox One? This piece of information is useless in deciding which platform to buy. Especially since the Vita is in no way needed to play a PS4.

Edited by Tricky Sonic, 05 July 2013 - 06:50 AM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#15 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

Heath Ledger played the Joker perfectly in that movie. It's so sad that he died, though.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#16 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

6. People still dont want the kinect.

5. Just by looking at PS4 games, they look much better. To the untrained eye, I honestly couldn't see it becoming much of a big deal.

4. People still don't feel like paying extra money for a device they will not use.

3. There is NOTHING innovative about the XBOX One. Voice commands? Come on.. that isn't innovative.

2. This is not a reason to buy the XBOX One. There are still more benefits to buying PS+ than XBL in the long run, I would know.. I have XBL.

1. I'm pretty sure that you can get a second screen from tablets as demonstrated in the PS Eye demo video. Plus, using a tablet and a controller at once is a nuisance anyway on both Sony and Microsoft platforms, Wii U is the only one that actually did it right.

2lvmghw.png

#17 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

I'm not going to really get into this, I don't care if someone chooses the xbox one over the ps4, but your reasons are some of the more laughable ones I've seen. Kinect? really?

#18 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

People on this forum really hate the XBox One. This is seen by the fact that even if my points aren't the best, people will throw even lesser quality points at me to try to counteract them. You might as well lock this thread since neither me nor anyone else is going to be convinced of anything here, others because they're too stubborn and me because there are no good points here that I can see.

I mean that in the most respectful way possible, but sometimes it's hard to be respectful when arguing with people.

#19 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Chrop - I hope you're not using a phone, because the government records that. Better throw all your phones out. You should delete your email account as well while you're at it.

And besides, unless you're a highly wanted man, chances are you will never be monitored by the government through Kinect.

No they don't record your phone or read your e-mails, I live in the UK and they don't do that, The government needs permission of a judge to be able to do these kind of things to a individual, must be for a good reason to (although they are trying to pass a law to not need to do this).

Also they are watching EVERYONE. Not some criminal. Your own home is private. Shouldn't need to have a camera in my home to play on a console.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#20 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

1. Ps4 is more powerful

2. Ps4 is cheaper

3. Dual Shock 4 has a touch pad, speakers and six axis compared to the Xbone standard lazily designed controller.

4. Playstation Plus is a much more appealing gamble than Xbox Live.

5. Included headset in the box

6. Sony's exclusives are of a higher quality than Microsoft

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!