RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

I feel like Nintendo is just getting started with this system and very great things are to come. As with any new system, It takes a while to work the kinks out and learn how to get the most out of a system.

Usually the first games that come out for a system don't push the system to its max, time is needed for the developers, even 1st parties, to learn how to work with the system.

To me, Mario Brothers Wii U is stunning, but Mario World 3D will look even better, and so on and so on.

Who knows what these secret games will be, a new way to play IPs we already know, an old way to play new IPs, or a new way to play new IPs ... Only time will tell, but to me it sounds exciting at the very least.

Edited by RETROBLAST, 07 July 2013 - 07:59 PM.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#22 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:11 AM

I feel this might be games designed around near field communication. So you get the game for free but you need to buy toys/collectables to actually play the game. You choose the character you want to play by simply buying the toy instore. Ok I may not have how they are going to do it exactly pinned down but they will make use of the near field communication chip in the game pad. Maybe Mariokart for example will have unlockable characters simply by bringing the toy of that character to the gamepad. I don't think they will be permenently unlockable though as otherwise people could just lend their toys to other people. I would imagine each time you play you need to place the toy close to the gamepad. Surely NIntendo are going to introduce this at some point otherwise what was the point in fitting the near field communicator into the gamepad?

#23 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

Oh God, now that would be a let down !!!

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#24 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

They should tell us very soon what they are as people will put deposits down on x boxes and playstaions.

#25 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

They should tell us very soon what they are as people will put deposits down on playstations.

There, fixed it for you :) They shouldn't reveal these new ideas too far ahead of time, for like he said, Micro and Sony would steal the ideas. These games are probably set for 2014 anyways.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#26 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:46 AM

Lol very good. I dont agree with that though as if the games are in development then the idea will be ccopyrighted. So you can't just steel the idea surely

#27 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

A new Wii u sports would be cool

Where is the button to fire your post into the sun, so it can be burned with nuclear powered fire?

Edited by Phanto, 08 July 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#28 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

If done right, think this could sell. Maybe even incorporate Mario, Sonic, Starfox etc.  I guess to a degree they are hoping the Winter Olympics deal will serve this purpose.

Where is the button to fire your post into the sun, so it can be burned with nuclear powered fire?

#29 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

I feel this might be games designed around near field communication. So you get the game for free but you need to buy toys/collectables to actually play the game. You choose the character you want to play by simply buying the toy instore. Ok I may not have how they are going to do it exactly pinned down but they will make use of the near field communication chip in the game pad. Maybe Mariokart for example will have unlockable characters simply by bringing the toy of that character to the gamepad. I don't think they will be permenently unlockable though as otherwise people could just lend their toys to other people. I would imagine each time you play you need to place the toy close to the gamepad. Surely NIntendo are going to introduce this at some point otherwise what was the point in fitting the near field communicator into the gamepad?

One word: Pokemon.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#30 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

"brand-new types of games"

This makes me think back to some earlier Idea's I had in mind with 2 in 1 games where 1 person could play one "game" and another could play the 2nd with both games being on the same disc/drive. In the same vein you could get a new type of multiplayer where the players are in different area's controlling different characters, heck one person could be leveling as a boss while the other levels the protagonist. Imagine 4 player solo/co-op games where you all start in different area's and eventually meet up kinda like how you have NPC's join your party now only these are player controlled characters.

A Pokemon MMO isn't really a new type of game, it's still an MMO. As much as we all want it, it would be too damaging to their handheld sales.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#31 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

I can see them being casual games that don't appeal to us in any way whatsoever. Nintendo has actually made quite a few new IPs lately, they just never appeal to us.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#32 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

they won't just be new games, they are new TYPES of games and with them not wanting the competition to copy them I bet it has something to do with either the gamepad or a brand new peripheral.Multiplayer meetings in single player type games hasn't been done. Think about what they showed for Destiny at E3, with drop in co-op online (at least that's what I got from it) now imagine something similar but offline where players can start playing different characters at the same time in the same or completely different area's.

We have been limited to one screen for ages and the Wii U gamepad is the first console/handheld something like this has been possible for. Would bring something different to couch multiplayer.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#33 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

"brand-new types of games"

This makes me think back to some earlier Idea's I had in mind with 2 in 1 games where 1 person could play one "game" and another could play the 2nd with both games being on the same disc/drive. In the same vein you could get a new type of multiplayer where the players are in different area's controlling different characters, heck one person could be leveling as a boss while the other levels the protagonist. Imagine 4 player solo/co-op games where you all start in different area's and eventually meet up kinda like how you have NPC's join your party now only these are player controlled characters.

A Pokemon MMO isn't really a new type of game, it's still an MMO. As much as we all want it, it would be too damaging to their handheld sales.

I know it isn't. But Pokemon could be Nintendo's answer to Skylanders.

However, didn't Nintendo play with an idea where the game is a single player game, like Zelda, but what I do effects other players games? That is a new type of game and would be really cool.

#34 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

It'll be funny if it's rated M-MA15+ (M in Aus being 11 or so years and up and MA being 15+) and people will still try to call it kiddy. Mark my words, I showed one of my friends the X trailer and they were saying "wow this game looks really good," then the sign saying only for wii u popped up and I just saw their faces turn to disgust as they said "but waay too kiddy for me."

People are stupid sometimes. They'll decide that something suddenly sucks because it's on a system that they don't like (note: they don't like it because they think all the games are kiddy, but they're not and they just think they are because they don't like the wii u because they think the games are all kiddy and it just loops on and on and on).

Sometimes I think that the only way Nintendo could ever shake their "kiddy" reputation would be to make an 18+ rated game, or even a 21+ XXX game. :0

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#35 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

It'll be funny if it's rated M-MA15+ (M in Aus being 11 or so years and up and MA being 15+) and people will still try to call it kiddy. Mark my words, I showed one of my friends the X trailer and they were saying "wow this game looks really good," then the sign saying only for wii u popped up and I just saw their faces turn to disgust as they said "but waay too kiddy for me."

People are stupid sometimes. They'll decide that something suddenly sucks because it's on a system that they don't like (note: they don't like it because they think all the games are kiddy, but they're not and they just think they are because they don't like the wii u because they think the games are all kiddy and it just loops on and on and on).

Sometimes I think that the only way Nintendo could ever shake their "kiddy" reputation would be to make an 18+ rated game, or even a 21+ XXX game. :0

I showed X trailer to my friend and he asked is it for PC? When I said it was for Wii U, he said it'll probably have frame rate issues. I laughed on the inside. ^_^

#36 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

I showed X trailer to my friend and he asked is it for PC? When I said it was for Wii U, he said it'll probably have frame rate issues. I laughed on the inside. ^_^

Haha, I didn't notice any frame rate issues with what they've shown us so far :). But it's kinda annoying that people write things off so quickly, even if they had previously thought that it had shown great promise, just because it's on a product made by Nintendo.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#37 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

Haha, I didn't notice any frame rate issues with what they've shown us so far :). But it's kinda annoying that people write things off so quickly, even if they had previously thought that it had shown great promise, just because it's on a product made by Nintendo.

Yep, I know!

#38 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

If Mario and Zelda games are KIDDY, then I like KIDDY games ... I have a Vita and PS3, none of the ADULT games come anywhere close to the awesome game play found in Nintendo's KIDDY games!

#39 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

If Mario and Zelda games are KIDDY, then I like KIDDY games ... I have a Vita and PS3, none of the ADULT games come anywhere close to the awesome game play found in Nintendo's KIDDY games!

Thus, the debate continues. ^_^

#40 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

I think most people probably consider video games in general somewhat adolescent at best, not matter how adult the theme.....

My GF has two sons born 16 years apart. We play Smash Bros and MarioKart- a 43 year old, a 21 year old and a five year old. That's priceless. That's what's cool about Nintendo.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!