xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

iwatagdc.jpg
In a meeting with investors recently, Iwata discussed these secret games and explained why they haven’t talked about them yet. “When it comes to brand-new types of games, we have to announce them not too far in advance of the actual release dates in order to have a strong impact in the market and minimize the chance of others introducing similar or competing products. We are working on new types of games, but we would like to announce them much closer to their actual release timings for this reason.

I'm excited. :)

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 05 July 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

ME too :D

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

And next year you'll be complaining because they're casual games of no substance.

Because Nintendo are really bad at turning hype into actual legitimate excitement.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

We shall see....I've come to grips that Nintendo loves to dangle an apparent juicy steak in front of us..then we find out its cat

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

I heard a rumour that it's going to be a console pokemon MMO ...... and by heard i mean made up for this hopeful post lol

#6 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

I heard a rumour that it's going to be a console pokemon MMO ...... and by heard i mean made up for this hopeful post lol

Honestly, I would buy that Pokemon game. That game os made to be a MMO.

However, as you can see, this is why third party developers are not happy with Nintendo. They consider their partners competition. Which they are, but it is hard to compete with a company like Nintendo.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#7 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Honestly, I would buy that Pokemon game. That game os made to be a MMO.

However, as you can see, this is why third party developers are not happy with Nintendo. They consider their partners competition. Which they are, but it is hard to compete with a company like Nintendo.

I don't think they meant third parties. But say for example the game was a FPS that let create maps and levels and use pad to draw custom weapons ect...  and it's not planned to come out till holidays 2015. They don't want say Microsoft to see idea and copy it and add halo name release before it as then everyone will go "LOL nintendo is copying Microsoft!" (not saying this is game it was just an on the spot idea im sure a games already done)

#8 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

That`s good news!

Still hope for a new Wii Sports game.

On an (un)related note, Iwata did also reveal that their strategy was first to appeal to gamers and then presente the new types of games after. Kinda like MS did with Kinect - which really worked for them.

Can`t really tell if by this, Nintendo`s plans changed due to the lack of gamers support so far or if the strategy is going according to plan.

#9 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Like we can believe it right off the bat.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#10 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

A new Wii u sports would be cool

#11 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

That`s good news!

Still hope for a new Wii Sports game.

Please be like the one from wiiu announcement trailer. The one where you put pad on floor and tee'd off in it during gold or used it as sand trap. With wiiU support it could be like Wiisports golf + tiger woods BUT with a new dimention using pad.

#12 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

And next year you'll be complaining because they're casual games of no substance.

Because Nintendo are really bad at turning hype into actual legitimate excitement.

unforunately, I agree with you. They haven't build their fans up just to smash them down. I wish I could be hyped about this, but I've learned the hard way when it comes to hyping over Ninty announcements.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#13 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

I don't think they meant third parties. But say for example the game was a FPS that let create maps and levels and use pad to draw custom weapons ect... and it's not planned to come out till holidays 2015. They don't want say Microsoft to see idea and copy it and add halo name release before it as then everyone will go "LOL nintendo is copying Microsoft!" (not saying this is game it was just an on the spot idea im sure a games already done)

Whether or not they meant third parties or not, isn't the point. Nintendo is one of the best developers in the world. Sony ir Microsoft can not by themselves sell consoles. They depend on certain third party titles. Nintendo depends on themselves, and in the end, they are competing directly with their partners.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#14 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

"In a meeting with investors recently, Iwata discussed these secret games and explained why they haven’t talked about them yet. “When it comes to brand-new types of games, we have to announce them not too far in advance of the actual release dates in order to have a strong impact in the market and minimize the chance of others introducing similar or competing products. We are working on new types of games, but we would like to announce them much closer to their actual release timings for this reason." - Iwata. He does not say that they are going to announce new games soon, in fact he suggests the opposite, that the new games are going to be revealed close to their time of release.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Not getting my hopes up, getting sick of bieng let down, I know it's my own fault but it's kinda hard not to get hyped when Nintendo keep promising awesome things that sadly turn out to be things that could have been done ages ago.

#16 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hopefully these new games won't be just casual or indie games.

#17 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

Please be like the one from wiiu announcement trailer. The one where you put pad on floor and tee'd off in it during gold or used it as sand trap. With wiiU support it could be like Wiisports golf + tiger woods BUT with a new dimention using pad.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool to watch! :)

#18 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

It will probably be another Nintendog game where you beat the little pups with a lead pipe, full of gore and DLC. Typical Nintendo....

#19 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

It sounds like their free-to-play stuff at worst maybe casual crap or at best some new i.p.s

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'm sure they're gonna be mobile type of games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!