Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hi all,

Just wanted to reach out and let all of you know that I picked up the NYKO Power Pak internal battery for the Wii U Pad.

I installed it then fully charged it before using the Wii U.  I am getting 10 hours of battery life out of it !!!!

I paid $20.00 for it and think it is well worth it.

Installing is a bit tricky so you better watch some videos on You Tube,  particularly the one with the triple twist method, even after using this method, I had to re open the back of the pad and giggle the wires a little bit until I could see the power indicator on the pad reading full ... Since I did that it has been smooth sailing.

Nintendo will release their own larger capacity battery, however, it will not last as long as this one because this one is larger and has more capacity.

NOTICE THE SIZE DIFFERENCE IN THE STANDARD BATTERY IN THE WHITE PAD VERSES THE BLACK PAD.

Attached Thumbnails

• 242117-Power Pak Drawing 2012-12-19.jpg
  • whitepad.jpg
  • Nyko-Wii-U-PowerPak-Back.jpg

Edited by RETROBLAST, 06 July 2013 - 09:27 PM.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#2 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

How did you get yours. It seems to be hard to find online wherever I look. (its either out of stock or not available).

#3 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

I picked mine up at Amazon.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#4 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

Cool. I swear mines dies after like 2 hours

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#5 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

Wow I had no idea the original gamepad battery was so small, what was Nintendo thinking?

At $20 I think it's a great deal and it's almost for sure cheaper than any battery that Nintendo might come up with.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#6 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

Nyko quality sucks, have been burned twice and not doing so again, I'll wait until Nintendo releases an official one. I don't care if it's mroe expansive.

I'd rather have a quality battery that lasts 5-10 years for 30-40$ than a shoody one that lasts two months for 20$.

But if you're happy with with it good for you. :)

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

I just put mine back on the cradle to charge whenever it's not in my hands.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

PSA

I've been watching this on other sites and most/all are defective in some way. I'd hold off for a remodel of the Nyko version or the official Nintendo one.

#9 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

I think Nintendo went with a smaller battery initially to keep the pad as light as possible although this battery doesnt add that much weight really.

#10 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

I wish the made it so that you could put the old back pannel on it... I probably won't buy it, though.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#11 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Just a question, for those who have the charging stand, is it bad for the battery if we put it in the charging stand even without it being fully discharged or is that not an issue? Because if it isn't, then this battery isn't that necessary. The charging cord is pretty lengthy and you can just put it on the charging stand every time you're not using it so it's always fully charged when you pick it up again.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#12 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Just a question, for those who have the charging stand, is it bad for the battery if we put it in the charging stand even without it being fully discharged or is that not an issue? Because if it isn't, then this battery isn't that necessary. The charging cord is pretty lengthy and you can just put it on the charging stand every time you're not using it so it's always fully charged when you pick it up again.

Tbh I just play with it plugged in when it starts to die. You can charge the battery at any percentage. It's lithium ion, not the old nickel cadmium.
Posted Image

#13 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

I've had a Nyko induction charger kit for my WiiMotes, and after a few months they didn't even last half an hour. I'm going to wait a little before purchasing this, and just keep my gamepad on the charger in the mean time.

EDIT: my mistake, it was a RocketFish.

Edited by grahamf, 07 July 2013 - 04:00 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#14 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Just a little note, you can put the battery cover back on ...

I think people may have had problems with this because they tried to put the connector in upsidedown ... strangly enough, even Nintendos connector is upsidedown, so you must twist its wires too.

In the case of the NYKO battery, A TRIPLE TWIST SEEMS TO MAKE THE CONNECTOR MORE STABLE AS IT HAS LESS WIGGLE ROOM, THEREFORE LESS OF A CHANCE OF COMING LOOSE / LOOSING CONNECTION.

Edited by RETROBLAST, 07 July 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#15 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Looks cool but I didn't know Nintendo were releasing a better battery until now.

#16 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

It was announced for Japan, eventually it will come to USA and elsewhere.

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Has anyone found a seller that would ship to Canada? I can do Amazon, but I'm sick and tired of driving down to Sweetgrass for little odds and ends.

Edited by grahamf, 07 July 2013 - 04:16 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Kmart allows you to ship retail goods internationally through Sears.com. Find the products you love at Kmart and get international shipping with Sears! ...of quality, style and features at great prices every day, additional discounts do not apply.

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Kmart allows you to ship retail goods internationally through Sears.com. Find the products you love at Kmart and get international shipping with Sears! ...of quality, style and features at great prices every day, additional discounts do not apply.

That sounded suspiciously like spam, but I did find it. Not available until August though. By that time it might be available locally.

Edited by grahamf, 07 July 2013 - 07:55 PM.

• BnB likes this

#20 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

I am sure you can pick one up, try sites originating in China, they usually ship world wide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!