• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Si I've been watching some gameplay of Pikmin 3 and I want to get into the Pikmin games since the Pikmin nmini game on Nintendo Land got me interested in the series. But is it more to it than just collecting stuff for your ship? Because fro I've seen all you do is collect stuff for your ship before the day ends or something. Will they give us missions to do like in the Pikmin Nintendo Land game? Don't get me wring, I'll still buy Pikmin 3 no matter what since I'm interested in its gameplay and the story but I just want to know if the game gives you any interesting missions like in Nintendo Land or not. Sorry if this is a dumb question to ask. I'm new to Pikmin here xD.

P.S. I don't live in the UK so i have to wait another month to get the game where I am from.

Edited by Reversal, 12 July 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#2 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

If Pikmin 3 is anything like the first two, then it won't be anything like the Nintendo Land game. You gather items, take them back to your ship, that's what Pikmin is. The journey to get each item and the struggles you have to face while getting the items is what makes Pikmin appealing.

#3 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

it's not out in the UK !

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

it's not out in the UK !

I was about to say, wtf at a wii u game coming out here first, lol.

The Nintendland game was more action-based, you didn't make any decisions, didn't really have to collect anything.
At least what I played, which was I think the first 3 or 4 levels.

Pikmin is about controlling your army, getting what you need in the best way without dooming yourself and your pikmin.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

I completely beat pikmin adventure and i dont recall there ever being any missions, its simply make it to the end of the level. Are you talking about the gold medal challenges or something?

The game does have a challenge mode where you need to complete certain objectives within a single day.

But the actual story mode is about using the pikmin to collect things. Fruit to bring back to your starving planet, defeated enemies to make more pikmin, artifacts to collect, ship peices to unlock more areas/leave to go home, power ups etc.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

I was about to say, wtf at a wii u game coming out here first, lol.The Nintendland game was more action-based, you didn't make any decisions, didn't really have to collect anything.At least what I played, which was I think the first 3 or 4 levels.Pikmin is about controlling your army, getting what you need in the best way without dooming yourself and your pikmin.

It is being released in the EU/UK before the US. The US release date is August 4th and the EU/UK date is July 26th.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

It is being released in the EU/UK before the US. The US release date is August 4th and the EU/UK date is July 26th.

:OOOOOOOOOOOO finally, now where's scribblenauts?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

Thats what wiki/news sites are saying, but I could have sworn the eshop gave the 26th as its release date.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

Thats what wiki/news sites are saying, but I could have sworn the eshop gave the 26th as its release date.

Both Amazon.com and GameStop have August 4th for the US release. They are usually pretty accurate especially this close to release. Also I seem to recall reading an article on one of the gaming sites that also said it was going to be released in the EU/UK first. Whilst its not common for games and even consoles to be released earlier over here it does happen from time to time.

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Both Amazon.com and GameStop have August 4th for the US release. They are usually pretty accurate especially this close to release.

This is where wiki/news sites often get their info.

Doesnt change the fact my na eshop, erroneously or not, stated the 26th under its coming soon pikmin 3 section last i looked at it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

In this game you play as reggie.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

This is where wiki/news sites often get their info.Doesnt change the fact my na eshop, erroneously or not, stated the 26th under its coming soon pikmin 3 section last i looked at it.

The new US ad in this thread states its out on August 4th over there.

http://thewiiu.com/t...-na-commercial/

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

Play 1 or 2 to get  better feel of the game.

but i saw the interview and this one is basically a free for all. You go out and explorer , collect items and battle bosses and you can leave and return to th bosses later to finish them off. There is a story to the game tho. I believe its links to part 2, just not sure how it will play out tho.

Also the controls and gameplay is few different from the Nintendo land one. IDK why then even put it on there like that. It makes people confused.

I dont think there is mission. This game is kinda open and free. So there is stuff to do you just gotta go do it.

But i can tell you this. I love pikmin and had it preorder and will be playing the hell out of it when its out.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

Pikmin 3 looks amazing, just wish I had the money to get it when it comes out in 9 days time :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!