Photo

IGN: Why Are Fans Buying a PS4 at Launch?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

ording to a survey of 30,000 IGN users that was conducted on June 25 and 26, nearly 41% said that they intend on purchasing a PlayStation 4 at launch. So it seems as if the next logical question to ask is: Why?

First off, let's take a look at the console itself. What aspects of the PS4 are convincing those 41% to put down $399.99 this fall on the hardware?

Exclusives, hardware specs, and graphics are the three most important aspects of the PS4 to those who answered the survey and intend on buying a console at launch. Sony spent a bulk of its E3 press conference showing off new games that looked great, to which fans clearly responded well. Likewise, the DualShock 4 is an evolution of what Sony fans have become comfortable with throughout their time on PS2 and PS3, and is another crucial factors in users' PS4 purchasing interest.

At the other end of the spectrum, there are three specific next-gen features that these PS4 early adopters tend to gloss over in the grand scheme of things. Social integration, camera functionality, and voice recognition were each deemed completely unimportant by a majority of those who were surveyed.

26% of respondents planning on purchasing a PS4 at launch spend at least 20 hours playing games every week, while 65% surveyed said that they play over 10 hours per week. Of course, the specific games themselves play an important role in the decision. Here's what they're excited for.

Users surveyed named Watch Dogs as their most anticipated game, with Infamous: Second Son and Destiny rounding out the big three that these future PS4 owners are looking forward to. Next came Killzone: Shadow Fall, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Battlefield 4, The Order: 1886, The Division, and EA's tease for the new Star Wars Battlefront.

Interestingly, although the PlayStation 4's price point is $100 lower than Xbox One's $499, surveyed users ranked its price point as the fifth most important reason for purchasing on day one.

http://www.ign.com/a...a-ps4-at-launch

Edited by Zinix, 16 July 2013 - 03:16 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

"Exclusives, hardware specs, and graphics" you gain graphics from the hardware... AND THOSE THINGS AREN'T EVEN NEEDED MUCH!

Also people are buying the PS4 because Microsoft has upset gamers more than anything else in this article. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

I know I bought it for Sony exclusives. Just the fact that there may be a Sly 5 or an Uncharted 4 on the system is enough to sell me on it.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

The main reason why I would get a ps4 at launch would be to play killzone 4 and compare bf4 fro. Ps3 to ps4. But I don't got the cash so I'll have to wait until next yr around March.  Unless someone get me one for Christmas.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

I'm not getting one at launch. As much as I want to, there are absolutely no games I want that are launch games.

Except Watch Dogs, which I can get on my Wii U or PS3.

#6 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm not getting it day 1 simply because it has NO games. I would have gotten Killzone if FPS's weren't milked like there's no tomorrow. also games that are coming on current gen is not really the way to go. should just stick to your current gen console or PC. Surely they'll have PS4's when Infamous Second Son comes out which I am hyped for.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

At the bare minimum I'm betting people don't trust microsft to release a counsole that won't have severe hardware failures at launch. I'm still concerned about the great big vent that looks easy to block.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

I'm looking forward to getting a PS4, it's gonna be awesome :D

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

Have you seen the comments on N4G? They think it's the best thing since sliced bread. They literally worship it.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#10 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

im defo getting one at launch :) cant wait,the launch games look great.

#11 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:44 AM

Sony played their cards well, but that doesn't mean they have one this generation yet. I too am looking forward to what the PS4 has to offer but don't forget about the rest of the competition.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#12 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

You do know there's a chance the hardware may come faulty at launch right? Buying a console before one or two revisions to the hardware and software is a big risk and a waste of money too imho. All those people who bought the PS3 on launch at $699 for a 60 GB model that not only is much bigger but also has chances of Yellow Light will agree I think.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

You do know there's a chance the hardware may come faulty at launch right? Buying a console before one or two revisions to the hardware and software is a big risk and a waste of money too imho. All those people who bought the PS3 on launch at $699 for a 60 GB model that not only is much bigger but also has chances of Yellow Light will agree I think.

That's just being paranoid. I've bought virtually all the consoles that have released in the last 15-20 years at launch and the only one that gave me problems was my Xbox 360 and even that was after 18 months. My launch 60GB PS3 is still going strong. Sure there is always a possibility that something might go wrong but then there is also a possibility nothing will go wrong. If it does just go an exchange the console.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!