DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

As shown above, Nintendo did introduce a good number of franchises. Were they all AAA? No, some sold well to really well.

Not all Sony`s franchises sold very well or made a difference.

You need to remember that Nintendo has a big number of franchises that people keep wanting to replay and that takes time to develop - leaving less resources for new franchises.

The PS4 sounds really good... in theory - like Wii U`s.

You take out the ports and you are left with 4 titles (1 is download only). And the problem is that it`s most appealing titles are the ports: Watch Dogs, CoD, AC IV, BF4, sports titles.

As you mentioned there was a lot of Uncharteds, like there was a lot of Ratchets, Gods of War and Resistances - not to mention Halos, GoWs, etc. And that burns franchises out. They may look better, but they will most likely go for the same experience, again.

#22 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

As shown above, Nintendo did introduce a good number of franchises. Were they all AAA? No, some sold well to really well.

Not all Sony`s franchises sold very well or made a difference.

You need to remember that Nintendo has a big number of franchises that people keep wanting to replay and that takes time to develop - leaving less resources for new franchises.

The PS4 sounds really good... in theory - like Wii U`s.

You take out the ports and you are left with 4 titles (1 is download only). And the problem is that it`s most appealing titles are the ports: Watch Dogs, CoD, AC IV, BF4, sports titles.

As you mentioned there was a lot of Uncharteds, like there was a lot of Ratchets, Gods of War and Resistances - not to mention Halos, GoWs, etc. And that burns franchises out. They may look better, but they will most likely go for the same experience, again.

I have to disagree with you on most everything Sony had more hits than misses than Nintendo and I disagree with that the only interesting titles are multiplatform games Killzone Shadow Fall, Driveclub, and Knack really interest me along with the games coming after like infamous and daylight along with the great indy development and MMO support sony isn't good in theory I think sony will have a great launch with no droughts for at least a while

#23 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

I have to agree with you slightly but I really like to debate these types of things its fun to hear other peoples opinions

Are you really hearing other people's opinions or just disagreeing with any kind of rebuttal anyone has against your opinion? Because that's what it seems like so far.

#24 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

Are you really hearing other people's opinions or just disagreeing with any kind of rebuttal anyone has against your opinion? Because that's what it seems like so far.

no I'm countering there points thats kind of what you do in a debate

#25 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

no I'm countering there points thats kind of what you do in a debate

If you call "I'm right because my opinion is of higher value than yours" debating, then proceed.

#26 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

If you call "I'm right because my opinion is of higher value than yours" debating, then proceed.

I never said my opinion is of higher value I make a point then they make a point then i try to counter there point if I came across as a douche I'm sorry thats not my intent

#27 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

I have to disagree with you on most everything Sony had more hits than misses than Nintendo and I disagree with that the only interesting titles are multiplatform games Killzone Shadow Fall, Driveclub, and Knack really interest me along with the games coming after like infamous and daylight along with the great indy development and MMO support sony isn't good in theory I think sony will have a great launch with no droughts for at least a while

I don`t know who has more hit and misses. I just said Sony has them aswell.

I used the word appealing because i was talking about market appeal, not personal appeal. The biggest name (of the exclusives) is Killzone, but even that franchise had two games on PS3 - with KZ2 being really hyped because of the graphics - and it still didn`t build a strong brand.

I`m not saying Sony`s launch titles aren`t good. To be honest, i have no idea - no one has.

About the launch window, there really will be no droughts. That`s almost a given. At least nothing unusual for a new console.

In regards to MMO support, i only know about PS2 and Warframe. Don`t know about any other.  To be honest, i wish i could play PS2! :D

Wii U has been having good Wii U support and will continue to see good support aswell. PS4 seems to be following the same path (lots of support, too.)

#28 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

I don`t know who has more hit and misses. I just said Sony has them aswell.

I used the word appealing because i was talking about market appeal, not personal appeal. The biggest name (of the exclusives) is Killzone, but even that franchise had two games on PS3 - with KZ2 being really hyped because of the graphics - and it still didn`t build a strong brand.

I`m not saying Sony`s launch titles aren`t good. To be honest, i have no idea - no one has.

About the launch window, there really will be no droughts. That`s almost a given. At least nothing unusual for a new console.

In regards to MMO support, i only know about PS2 and Warframe. Don`t know about any other.  To be honest, i wish i could play PS2! :D

Wii U has been having good Wii U support and will continue to see good support aswell. PS4 seems to be following the same path (lots of support, too.)

agreed

#29 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

I have to agree with you slightly but I really like to debate these types of things its fun to hear other peoples opinions

I like the odd debate here and there but there are just too many people with very misguided arguments. Every argument toward Nintendo that i have heard has either been about their graphics or their games being to childish. Well for one graphics don't mean a good game and secondly a game designed for kids does't necessarily mean it is bad, just take a look at pixar films as to action movies like "After Earth" or "Wolverine", Pixar clearly has the best quality due to it's superb writing and directing while other movies use violence to sell their movie.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

thanks for the advice and sorry for my mistakes but to counter your point although review scores can be misleading because there are a lot of great games with terrible scores and a lot of crap games with great scores review scores, but review scores do matter and the titles you listed most of them were flops with bellow 70 on metacritic such as disaster day of crisis having a 69 and wii music with a 63 for example although you did mention some great games there are just more new IP's on ps3 this generation that were grade A games

thanks for the advice and sorry for my mistakes but to counter your point although review scores can be misleading because there are a lot of great games with terrible scores and a lot of crap games with great scores review scores, but review scores do matter and the titles you listed most of them were flops with bellow 70 on metacritic such as disaster day of crisis having a 69 and wii music with a 63 for example although you did mention some great games there are just more new IP's on ps3 this generation that were grade A games

Eh, this isnt really a counter argument, this is a type of logical fallacy called 'moving the goalposts'.

You started with one argument, then changed it to another when you found out your argument was wrong.

Reviews jave become nothing but industry propaganda, and are actually sold as a service.

mobile.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/business/book-reviewers-for-hire-meet-a-demand-for-online-raves.html?rct=j&q=selling%20reviews&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2012%2F08%2F26%2Fbusiness%2Fbook-reviewers-for-hire-meet-a-demand-for-online-raves.html%3Fpagewanted%3Dall&ei=hv3nUd5-hriKAr76gWg&usg=AFQjCNHr820r40-zkWjqnK9D8ZtM9zjOew&bvm=bv.49478099,d.cGE&pagewanted=all&

If you think this doesnt happen with games, you are very naive.

Your dismissal of games as 'not counting' because you dont deem them as 'A quality games' is also very foolish. Who decides what game is of what quality for someone? Not you.

Several entries on my list alone sold more than all of your sce 'new' ip's combined.

And, as far as subjective matters go
Sony's new ip's are almost all garbage and filth of the worst kind compared to what sony used to make before the ps3.

Amazing ip's like Alundra, dark cloud, colony wars, ico, legend of dragoon, and similar sce style games were scrapped because games of such large nonlinear sophisticated design were too expensive to make, and didnt appeal to the drooling must kill something every 15 seconds or get bored and confused masses.

So, identical linear popcorn rollercoaster ride style games like uncharted were pumped out and shoved down 'gamers' throats, NOT the original gamers who have been around since gamings inception mind you, no, the slack jawed drooling yokels we started gaming as a hobby to get away from were the new prize, as theyd buy the same garbage over and over and over again as long as enough reviews told them it was cool too.

Naughty dog finally made something special again with the last of us. But before the ps3, everything sce did was special and unique.

Even Mark Cerny realizes this and knows the ps3 era is an era of homogenized guilded terds compared to sce's former glory.

You should seriously stop attempting to praise sony via taking a crap on nintendo.

Your arguments are logically wrong, and argumentively not done well enough enough to get away with it.

You should simply show how much Mark Cerny and Sony are doing to show us they want the ps4 to be more than a homogenous thoughtless big budget no substance box like the ps3 was.

Sony is doing a good job. Mark Cerny is doing a fantastic job, they single handedly changed my mind from getting an xbone only because i thought the sce i knew and loved was mostly dead and worthless, back to ps4 only (because im simply not getting two machines that have 99% of the same library again), and this was BEFORE xbone drm'd in every bodies cheerios.

But attempting to use nintendo as a crutch to prop up sony? Not working for you.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Well, Ninty's biggest draw is that you will NEVER find titles of their kind on any other console executed correctly. Most PS4 launch games are games I can get on both my Wii U and PC with the exception of DriveClub, Knack, Killzone and InFamous. Most PC exclusives like Total War Rome 2, ARMA 3 and Kerbal Space Program along with Wii U exclusives like Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Sonic Lost World, Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong more than make up for the lost PS4 exclusives. 

The PS4's launching with WarFrame, a game that me and my friends have been playing for free for quite some time. DCUO is another MMO I can play on PC. Knack can be matched by W101. The rest can be gotten on a PC although I'm really looking forward to InFamous: SS

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!