Photo

Should Nintendo have offered Wii U owners an Ambassador Program?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

Think about it, we wouldn't need a price cut, but considering there was a whole spring dry spell of no games, I feel that Ninty could have offerered an Ambassador program comparable to the 3DS's. Heck even if they offerered us the $0.30 VC for Free it would have been better.

Thoughts?

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

POPULAR

The only reason the ambassador dilemma even happened was because Nintendo dropped the price too soon. Why would the Wii U need one, especially if they don't drop the price? They're not going to give you free games simply because there's a game drought. What company does that?

#3 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

I think it's still not too late, let's hope this will happen after the price cut which will inevitably follow after the release of PS4 and XBOX One.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#4 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

I think it's still not too late, let's hope this will happen after the price cut which will inevitably follow after the release of PS4 and XBOX One.

Don't hold your breath.

#5 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

From MY point of view, yes, that would of been awesome (FREE GAMES!), but from a business point of view, no, the Famicon anniversary games were enough.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#6 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

No. Just drop the price and get rid of the Basic bundle.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#7 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

In some ways the .30 games were like an ambassador program. I mean.it's something, but really all those games for less than two dollars and only for those of us who had a Wii u during this time period. I think those games offered the perks of an ambassador without them having to admit they messed up
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#8 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

I hope they give us something like that, but at the same time I don't know if it's really necessary. We're not really losing anything if we would have bought it later anyway(unless they drop the price).

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

No. Just drop the price and get rid of the Basic bundle.

Yep, oh and bring out a White Premium model to replace the Basic.

#10 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

In some ways the .30 games were like an ambassador program. I mean.it's something, but really all those games for less than two dollars and only for those of us who had a Wii u during this time period. I think those games offered the perks of an ambassador without them having to admit they messed up

I read that they were just trials arn't they? IF not that I feel like I really missed out because the VC is pretty spendy.

Stupid Snowmads!

#11 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

i wouldn't mind something back, i am a ambassador for the 3DS, but all we got was some old virtual console games,, some sort of voucher to buy a game you wanted would be better, but for the WiiU, maybe they should offer full refunds.

#12 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

At this point I don't see this happening. Unless something drastically changes with the Wii U, I doubt they'll do something like that again.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!