• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 cfr5555

cfr5555

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Does anyone think a proper Pokemon game could ever be developed for the Wii U? I know Nintendo has spoken out against it because they feel that Pokemon is better suited as a hand-held title, but I feel there is so much potential. I know this idea has been beaten to death but I refuse to give up on it. Second question: Is there anything us fans could do to possibly see this come to fruition? I would seriously email Nintendo each and every day if it made a difference. Anyone else down?

#2 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

I really liked what they did with Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, so yeah it could totally be successful in a home console, it's just probably Game Freak doesn't want that. 

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#3 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

Nintendo doesn't own or make the pokemon games but thats not to say that they don't have any influence over the devs I'm not sure if we could get it because sometimes Nintendo is very deadset on there views such as region locking but sometimes they are willing to cave in like with the smash bros evo thing that happened so possibly maybe ,maybe not. not 100% sure

#4 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

I'd like to see one on the Wii U too, but it probably won't happen. Game Freak has stated multiple times that the main Pokemon games are meant for handhelds and it will stay that way.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Nintendo doesn't own or make the pokemon games but thats not to say that they don't have any influence over the devs I'm not sure if we could get it because sometimes Nintendo is very deadset on there views such as region locking but sometimes they are willing to cave in like with the smash bros evo thing that happened so possibly maybe ,maybe not. not 100% sure

Nintendo does own the Pokemon games...

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Nintendo does own the Pokemon games...

no nintendo publishes it they don't own the IP of pokemon which is owend by The Pokémon Company International they own everything pokemon and allow Nintendo to use it

also the games are made by gamefreak also not owned by nintendo

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

no nintendo publishes it they don't own the IP of pokemon which is owend by The Pokémon Company International they own everything pokemon and allow Nintendo to use it

also the games are made by gamefreak also not owned by nintendo

And guess who owns "The Pokemon Company International" Ooh that's right, NINTENDO!

Also i never said anything about Nintendo owning Gamefreak. I was talking about Nintendo owning their Pokemon games, because they own The Pokemon Company International who owns Pokemon.

Google it.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

And guess who owns "The Pokemon Company International" Ooh that's right, NINTENDO!

Also i never said anything about Nintendo owning Gamefreak. I was talking about Nintendo owning their Pokemon games, because they own The Pokemon Company International who owns Pokemon.

Google it.

You're right :) nvm my post I didn't know who owned Pokemon International I guess I assumed they were the top company

#9 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

The chances of us getting a Pokemon RPG for Wii U are highly likely, but i can tell you now Game Freak aren't going to be the ones doing it, because they don't do console games.

Edited by big bowsy, 18 July 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#10 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Why does everyone reference Game Freak, they do the main handhelds. We should try to convince Genius Sonority to make a proto for Nintendo to approve. A HD Colosseum-like game? That'd be pretty cool. Though the desert / Shadow Pokemon story is getting a little old. It's amazing, but old.

I hope we do get a more RPG style Pokemon game for the Wii U, because I enjoyed those games than any red/blue, stadium, rumble. Ok I never played rumble but you get the point. <character> ... ok maybe we should stay with Shadow pokemon.

Stupid Snowmads!

#11 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

POPULAR

NOPENOPENOPE

ku-xlarge.jpg

794144.png?13383682

#12 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

NOPENOPENOPE

ku-xlarge.jpg

RPG not MMO.

#13 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

NOPENOPENOPE

ku-xlarge.jpg

Gabe should have been like what is this 3 you speak of I only know of 1 and 2

#14 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

I would totally be down for an XD/Colosseum-esque title for the Wii U. I love those games to death.

Now, do I think it will happen? Maybe. They didn't release one for the Wii, but they did release Battle Revolution (which was admittedly a very lackluster title). GameCube's generation wasn't that long ago, who's to say they won't end up making one? I do understand Game Freak's stance on Pokemon being strictly portable however, it's one of those experiences that's been tailored to handheld devices over the years.

But isn't X/Y an XD/Colosseum-esque title? It sure looks like it, maybe that's why we may not get one?

#15 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

NOPENOPENOPE

[ image snip ]

:laugh:

zeldasig.jpg

#16 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

I would rather see them make a way to play 3ds games on the Wii u with a hi res texture pack. You know, like use street pass to somehow have the 3DS stream the Pokemon versions to the Wii u, the Wii u has a program on it that plays the 3ds game in hi res.

#17 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

I would rather see them make a way to play 3ds games on the Wii u with a hi res texture pack. You know, like use street pass to somehow have the 3DS stream the Pokemon versions to the Wii u, the Wii u has a program on it that plays the 3ds game in hi res.

What? What 'program'? Because damn, the moment the Wii U starts playing 3DS games than what's the point of owning a 3DS? Nintendo would never do that.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Why does everyone reference Game Freak, they do the main handhelds. We should try to convince Genius Sonority to make a proto for Nintendo to approve. A HD Colosseum-like game? That'd be pretty cool. Though the desert / Shadow Pokemon story is getting a little old. It's amazing, but old.

I hope we do get a more RPG style Pokemon game for the Wii U, because I enjoyed those games than any red/blue, stadium, rumble. Ok I never played rumble but you get the point. <character> ... ok maybe we should stay with Shadow pokemon.

Well, well, well I'm not about to disagree with the Doctor on this, I agree :D

And Yea stop pestering GameFreak if anyone is going to be working on something similar to what everyone on here is asking for it's GeniusSonority.

#19 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

What? What 'program'? Because damn, the moment the Wii U starts playing 3DS games than what's the point of owning a 3DS? Nintendo would never do that.

You didn't think about this post as all did you?

The GameCube had an add on that allowed people to play game boy advance games on the tv. Think of this as a program that performs a similar function. The game I still a 3DS game and runs on the 3DS, this just streams to the Wii u and has a texture pack that allows for HD (or at least higher quality visuals). Still a 3DS game, just with a way to continuously sun with the Wii u so you can play on your console while you are home and your 3DS is in range

The 3DS will always be worth owning because it is a portable and I can always keep it with me. I've always gamed a lot more on the portable side than console side.

#20 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Idk they would have to do a lot of improving to be a Wii u gameif they just port over the 3ds ones then no it would sucks.

But it may he a cool game. And add some online battles. But I doubt it will ever happen.

I been waiting them to use battle time like ff7 for yrs bit it never happen.

I mean what's the point of your pokemon having a high speed if your still waiting on the other person to make up there mind and attack.

Also want more then 4 moves.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokemon, rpg, wii, console, game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!