Photo

Where do you see Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft in 3 years? Good and Bad.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Here's what i predict.

Nintendo

Good - The Wii U might catch up in sales because of the Christmas line up of games this year and 2014's fantastic quality games, Ubisoft still might be with them, hopefully get 2 or 3 major 3rd party games, and the 3DS becomes the dominate handheld system ever.

Bad -  I predict is that they might go full on digital, cause if you look at sales numbers, the digital sales sell more and physical copies can barely catch up. So kiss those game cases, disks or cartridges cause they might be gone on Nintendo systems.

Sony

Good - Finally stop releasing new IPs involving zombies and shooters and get the most popular games made for PS4 like Uncharted 4 and REAL God of War 4 this time.

Bad - Still calling the Vita the 'Ultimate handheld experience' while still having no major exclusive 'I NEED A VITA!' game for the thing, and they might change their mind about Indie developers.

Microsoft

Good - hopefully repair all the damage they've done having new and trustworthy faces and having a really good online and paying big money for exclusivity.

Bad - Not doing anything what i said about my good statement.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

here's my take.

Regarding Nintendo:

The good:  their sales will pick up via more 3rd party support or by miracles, or do something so innovative that they will stand strong again.

The bad:  they will do so poorly in the next 3 years that they might as well either depend on handhelds or become a software developer. (I seriously hope the latter never happens.)

Regarding Microsoft:

The good:  for once they might redeem themselves and do the best they can to prevent people from being upset with them.  And perhaps making sure their hardware does not fail like the launch xbox 360.  Also continually avoid DRM and other things that upset people.

The bad:  hardware failure seen in xbox 360 again prevalent in xbox one.  Also trying to reinstate DRM and 24 online requirements.

Regarding Sony, well I have nothing since Sony seem to always do decent each generation from what I've seen, though I could be wrong.

Edited by XxNightfallxX, 18 July 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#3 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

Sony:

Good:Big hits with Indie Games and some of them so big that sony actually makes them first party devs and gives them a money for a team, also being the highest selling console of the generation so far

Bad: The vita being abandoned by Sony

Nintendo:

Good: the wiiU picks up after its rough start and is in second place sales wise and has gotten several more hit first party games released several new relevant IP's and the 3ds still dominates with nearing 70 million sales after great title after great tilte coming to it

Bad: still not nearly as much 3rd party support as the xbone and the PS4

Microsoft:

Good:

Bad: has lost all trust of consumer from trying to screw them over again and the xbone is a failure making zero profit also the xbone becomes The console for all your shovelware needs because of kinect

#4 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Nintendo:

Good - Gains a good amount of indie developers to develop for the Wii U and 3ds, Wii U sales pick up and sell a good amount.

Bad - Nintendo still has poor ground with third party and "hardcore" gamers, the Wii U sales will be less then the PS4.

Sony:

Good - Gains the majority of third party support and is the highest selling console in the marketplace.

Bad - Vita support will basically stop and it will have very few third parties looking at it for development.

Microsoft:

Good - The 360 will sell good, and some xbox fans will buy a Xbox One.

Bad - The Xbox One will do badly.Third party support will start to leave because not a lot of people will buy the Xbox One. It might sell the worst of the three. Microsoft will be in a bad position here.

#5 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

Well i see microsoft making constant bank due to the fact they make computers and are the creators of PC's most popular OS the only impact that is negative will be the xbox one

sony will probably get a huge rise in sales due to the ps4 and if they play their cards right may sink MS's ship once and for all when it comes to consoles 

and Nintendo will do well like usual and make a steady amount of income like they always have i mean really they made bank on the wii and by the looks of it it may happen again with the wii u if they keep the price much lower then the competition

wjapt2.jpg

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Bad -  I predict is that they might go full on digital, cause if you look at sales numbers, the digital sales sell more and physical copies can barely catch up. So kiss those game cases, disks or cartridges cause they might be gone on Nintendo systems.

There's no way, digital sales beat physical sales on most consoles. Why should Nintendo become digital only when these sales numbers are happening to most other companies?

Good - Finally stop releasing new IPs involving zombies and shooters

I hope you're not referring to The Last of Us.

Not making predictions because I'm lazy.

Edited by Blake, 18 July 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#7 Hikaruchu

Hikaruchu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Nintendo

Good: 

The 3DS will continue to dominate the handheld market and the Wii U will get more 3rd party support and improve and likely end up in second

Bad:

The Wii U wont be another Wii and sell huge amounts or as much as the PS4

Sony

Good:

The PS4 will likely "win" the 8th generation

Bad:

The whole PS Vita situation

Microsoft:

What everyone else said

Posted ImageMy mii QR code.

#8 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Nintendo

Good

Wii U makes a 3DS like comeback in the Holidays with 3D World and some other games. 3DS continues to succeed as it has been doing

Bad

3DS still succeeds, but Wii U rides out the rest of the gen with a GameCube/N64 like drought of third party games and casual gamer interest.

Sony

Good

PS4 is "winning" the current gen, and the Vita has made a minor comeback and barely succeeds.

Bad

PS4 does good, but the Vita continues into a downward spiral of obscurity.

Microsoft

Good

Xbox One sells slightly more/less than the PS4, and is in a competition similar to last gen.

Bad

Xbox One gets mediocre or bad due to some policies (mandatory game installs, always in Kinect) still remaining.

I honestly think Sony and Nintendo are most likely going to make it out good. Wii U, PS4, and 3DS all being big successes. While the Vita does a tad bit better. I'm not sure about the Xbox One and Microsoft, they could go either way.

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Microsoft

Good-

• I see the Xbox 360 being the cheap console of choice for casuals, and consumers who don't have the money to invest into next gen consoles.
  • Xbox 360 will have a slight incline in sales for the next few years.
  • The One, will see a redesign, making it look much sleeker and cheaper.
  • The Kinect 2.0 will unveil tremendous innovation if developers see good sales on Xbox One, resulting in a strong desire to pay extra for the console.   
  • Microsoft ensures even with poor sales that they still get the exclusive DLC and deals seen last gen.

Bad-

• The Xbox One is seen as a casual box, mainly used for a high quality multimedia box.
  • This will help drive the sales but Microsoft will leave the gaming console market, as it see it as dying.
  • The Xbox One will be seen as a failure in the gaming communities eyes and the Xbox One will start to lose support due to bad sales.
  • The Xbox One will have a massive price drop in the coming years due to terrible sales
  • Microsoft will either discontinue it, like Sega did with the Saturn, or they will just let it flop and never return to the console market.
  • None of the good will matter if the Xbox One doesn't pick up the pace.

Sony

Good-

• The Playstation 4 is the developer console of choice for third parties.
  • The architecture will make it easy for PS4 to become a home console and gaming PC hybrid, as it will get a lot of PC ports.
  • This may possibly hurt PC sales more resulting in higher market share for Sony as they capture the Xbox one and casual PC gaming audience.
  • the PS4 will be a very solid and all around good investment for almost everyone around the world, but if not marketed correctly could hurt Sony because of having so many products on the market.(PSP, PS3, Vita)

Bad-

• The Vita bombs costing Sony quite a bit of money wasted.
  • On top of them taking a loss on the PS4, this hurts them harder then most would think.
  • I see Sony gaining profit early on, but struggling to keep success after Vita bombs.
  • The PS4 will see little to no innovation and will be seen as the slightly better and more expensive version of the PS3.
  • Due to Sony having the most third party support , a lot of shovelware will arrive on the console.

Nintendo

Good-

• Once Sony starts to gain momentum , Nintendo will be a step ahead with a much larger library of quality games, a cheaper price point, a more appealing and simplistic online service for free, and  a much diverse collection of developers and genres.
  • Nintendo will be the Indie developer kings of this generation, because of the very easy process of porting games over from the PC versions on to the E-shop.
  • Third Party support will pick up and be close to what the PS4 receives as the architecture of both consoles resembles PC gaming rigs.
  • Unique, and fresh new IPs will arrive along with revamps on very old , legendary Nintendo franchises.
  • Sales will ramp up quickly in 2014 with all the massive first party games being released at a steady pace for Wii U all throughout the rest of 2013, 2014, and in 2015 nintendo will see a rapid increase in Wii U profit and software sales.
  • By 2016 Nintendo will be head to head with Sony battling it out as it was last gen with Xbox 360 and PS3.
  • They are no longer behind, they are at the forefront of gaming as they were in the 80's.
  • The publicity they get will be astonishing, because of the business efforts they make to keep the gaming industry creative.
  • The 3DS will be the best selling console of all time by 2016, or 2017 if the software pacing is correct.

Bad-

• Wii U will see sloppy support until the end of 2014 by third parties.
  • critics will be hard until the Wii U gets good third party support.
  • The tech will start to see age by 2017, but games will still run great on the console.

Signature_Fox.png

#10 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

Nintendo:

good-

*The WiiU sales begin to increase steadily, i doubt we will see the sudden change in sales like we did with the 3DS

*A well timed price drop and a sudden abundance of advertising leads to increased sales

*Nintendo releases so much advertising that many people forget the X1 and PS4 exist, more attention drawn to Nintendo as a result.

*Nintendo funds to have more exclusives on their consoles that will drive Sony/xbox fans wild with envy, i'm talking about Timesplitters 4, etc.

*Nintendo offers sales on the eshop that give the Steam sales a run for their money

Bad-

*All major 2014 releases including "X" and "Bayonetta 2" are delayed once again

*Ubisoft cuts support almost entirely, refuses to put it's big IP's on the system.

*Sales plummet, less than 5 million units sold by the end of 2014

Sony

Good-

*Indie sales are phenomenal

*Games arrive without delay

Bad-

*various issues cause the servers to go into heavy maintnace, online isn't an option until weeks later

*Within a week the system has already been hacked and now has the full game library up on the internet for free.

*1/5 consoles brick at launch

Microsoft

good-

*With a steady stream of games and good advertising, we see them regain there respect with most of the gamer community

*Games release without delay

Bad-

*Server shut downs

*Too many people trying to download the day 1 update causes the servers to go into meltdown, many people are left with a brick for a few weeks till traffic clears.

*Consoles once again brick far too often

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Microsoft

Good-

• I see the Xbox 360 being the cheap console of choice for casuals, and consumers who don't have the money to invest into next gen consoles.
  • Xbox 360 will have a slight incline in sales for the next few years.
  • The One, will see a redesign, making it look much sleeker and cheaper.
  • The Kinect 2.0 will unveil tremendous innovation if developers see good sales on Xbox One, resulting in a strong desire to pay extra for the console.   
  • Microsoft ensures even with poor sales that they still get the exclusive DLC and deals seen last gen.

Bad-

• The Xbox One is seen as a casual box, mainly used for a high quality multimedia box.
  • This will help drive the sales but Microsoft will leave the gaming console market, as it see it as dying.
  • The Xbox One will be seen as a failure in the gaming communities eyes and the Xbox One will start to lose support due to bad sales.
  • The Xbox One will have a massive price drop in the coming years due to terrible sales
  • Microsoft will either discontinue it, like Sega did with the Saturn, or they will just let it flop and never return to the console market.
  • None of the good will matter if the Xbox One doesn't pick up the pace.

Sony

Good-

• The Playstation 4 is the developer console of choice for third parties.
  • The architecture will make it easy for PS4 to become a home console and gaming PC hybrid, as it will get a lot of PC ports.
  • This may possibly hurt PC sales more resulting in higher market share for Sony as they capture the Xbox one and casual PC gaming audience.
  • the PS4 will be a very solid and all around good investment for almost everyone around the world, but if not marketed correctly could hurt Sony because of having so many products on the market.(PSP, PS3, Vita)

Bad-

• The Vita bombs costing Sony quite a bit of money wasted.
  • On top of them taking a loss on the PS4, this hurts them harder then most would think.
  • I see Sony gaining profit early on, but struggling to keep success after Vita bombs.
  • The PS4 will see little to no innovation and will be seen as the slightly better and more expensive version of the PS3.
  • Due to Sony having the most third party support , a lot of shovelware will arrive on the console.

Nintendo

Good-

• Once Sony starts to gain momentum , Nintendo will be a step ahead with a much larger library of quality games, a cheaper price point, a more appealing and simplistic online service for free, and  a much diverse collection of developers and genres.
  • Nintendo will be the Indie developer kings of this generation, because of the very easy process of porting games over from the PC versions on to the E-shop.
  • Third Party support will pick up and be close to what the PS4 receives as the architecture of both consoles resembles PC gaming rigs.
  • Unique, and fresh new IPs will arrive along with revamps on very old , legendary Nintendo franchises.
  • Sales will ramp up quickly in 2014 with all the massive first party games being released at a steady pace for Wii U all throughout the rest of 2013, 2014, and in 2015 nintendo will see a rapid increase in Wii U profit and software sales.
  • By 2016 Nintendo will be head to head with Sony battling it out as it was last gen with Xbox 360 and PS3.
  • They are no longer behind, they are at the forefront of gaming as they were in the 80's.
  • The publicity they get will be astonishing, because of the business efforts they make to keep the gaming industry creative.
  • The 3DS will be the best selling console of all time by 2016, or 2017 if the software pacing is correct.

Bad-

• Wii U will see sloppy support until the end of 2014 by third parties.
  • critics will be hard until the Wii U gets good third party support.
  • The tech will start to see age by 2017, but games will still run great on the console.

Damn you for stealing the words out my mouth, that is everything I was going to say lol :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!