Photo

3DS Second Circle pad complaints? Read this first!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Nintendoga

Nintendoga

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

Posted Image

I wish that they would've added the A,B,X, & Y buttons under the second circle pad expansion, so that it could at least feel more like the Wii-U.
INSERT SIGNATURE HERE

#22 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

Posted Image

I wish that they would've added the A,B,X, & Y buttons under the second circle pad expansion, so that it could at least feel more like the Wii-U.

Assuming that the photo isn't of a final design, that could potentially happen. And, honestly, that would remove the biggest complaint about the add-on, so I hope they do it :o
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#23 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

I like how everyone all of a sudden loves this now that we have the new screen shots. Now I get to say that I liked it before it was cool.B)
Posted Image

#24 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

I like how everyone all of a sudden loves this now that we have the new screen shots. Now I get to say that I liked it before it was cool.B)

I am the same as you Andy. However there will still be people who will be angry tho.

Edited by zxride64, 13 September 2011 - 03:11 PM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#25 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

I never disliked it :P
What most people are getting angry about is the possibility of a redesign. That, and they think this is too clunky (It's not)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#26 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

Um... Who loves it? I haven't seen anybody change their opinion on it. I still hate it and think it's incredibly tacky and pointless.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#27 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

I never disliked it :P
What most people are getting angry about is the possibility of a redesign. That, and they think this is too clunky (It's not)

It's still a few centimeters smaller than the Vita, isn't it?

EDIT: @Envy: It's handy for a multitude of reasons...

#1: It gives lefties more comfortable of a grip for games.
#2: It's better for FPS-Type situations (MGS3D, RE: Revelations)
#3: It might add more battery life.

Although, I can agree with you on the tacky part...maybe they'll make it in a few colors.

Edited by Gamecollector44, 13 September 2011 - 03:37 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#28 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

Although, I can agree with you on the tacky part...maybe they'll make it in a few colors.

It actually runs on 1 AAA battery. A triple A battery for Triple A games? ;)

Aside from that, I agree with you on all of those points. And someone on Neogaf made a mock-up; To scale, this thing is probably around the size of the original DS, maybe a bit smaller. Won't even stick out that much. Actually pretty decent, if you ask me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#29 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:02 PM

Um... Who loves it? I haven't seen anybody change their opinion on it. I still hate it and think it's incredibly tacky and pointless.

Go look at the new article showing screens of it on 3DS blog. A lot of people are saying they've changed their minds about the add-on for the better.
Posted Image

#30 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

#1 Great for lefties, but I'm not a lefty so it doesn't effect my opinion.
#2. I don't play FPS's.
#3. I thought that it having its own battery means that the battery run it, not the console. Besides, I have no problem with the battery life. I keep it on Power Save mode. No reason to do otherwise. With Power Save mode and playing a DS game, I was able to get 10 hours out of the system without even getting the battery down half way.

Colors can't change how tacky it is.

Go look at the new article showing screens of it on 3DS blog. A lot of people are saying they've changed their minds about the add-on for the better.

That doesn't even make any sense. Nothing has changed about it at all.

Edited by Envy, 13 September 2011 - 04:04 PM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#31 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

That doesn't even make any sense. Nothing has changed about it at all.

While it is true that nothing about the appearance of the add-on has changed, the new photos show that it isn't as big and bulky as the original magazine scan lead many to believe. One of the main concerns was that it would be to bulky to hold comfortably. it only adds about 3cm to the side of the system. If your worried that it will be hard to reach the face buttons, just grab your 3DS and pretend there is a 3cm piece of plastic on the side. Try and press the face buttons, and you see that it isn't as hard to reach them as many originally claimed it would be. Worried about reaching the R button? That's why Nintendo put an extra R button along with the L2 and R2 buttons that they put on the add-on.
So basically, while nothing has changed about the add-on, it isn't as bad as many thought it was.

And to help prove some of my points, here is one of the photos:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

To scale, this thing is probably around the size of the original DS, maybe a bit smaller. Won't even stick out that much. Actually pretty decent, if you ask me.

NO.

I can most certainly disprove that. I have and play my original DS regularly (just for Wild World, since I don't like the color difference in it when I play on the 3DS) I set them up one over the other, and the size difference is no where near enough to fit a circle pad. It couldn't even begin to fit 1/3rd of a circle pad, and that extension is more than the circle pad.

The PSP 3000 (which I also have) might be a better comparison, but even so I think the extension goes out further.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#33 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

NO.

I can most certainly disprove that. I have and play my original DS regularly (just for Wild World, since I don't like the color difference in it when I play on the 3DS) I set them up one over the other, and the size difference is no where near enough to fit a circle pad. It couldn't even begin to fit 1/3rd of a circle pad, and that extension is more than the circle pad.

The PSP 3000 (which I also have) might be a better comparison, but even so I think the extension goes out further.

You sure you're not thinking of the Lite? The original DS was HUGE compared to it, and the 3DS is slightly smaller than a lite... sooo...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#34 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

You sure you're not thinking of the Lite? The original DS was HUGE compared to it, and the 3DS is slightly smaller than a lite... sooo...

You are greatly exaggerating the size of it. I got my DS back in 2004. It is the original grey/silver DS. The 3DS is not that much smaller. It feels a lot less bulky, but they aren't that different.

Edited by Envy, 13 September 2011 - 04:48 PM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#35 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

You are greatly exaggerating the size of it. I got my DS back in 2004. It is the original grey/silver DS. The 3DS is not that much smaller. It feels a lot less bulky, but they aren't that different.

*Grabs DS* *Grabs 3DS*
Looks like the extension would go just a slight bit past the edge of the original. Just fine, if you ask me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#36 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

All I can say is wait to get your hands on it. If you do not like it do not get it. The add-on is meant for gamers who like to have a more of a console-like control scheme for them. Since you do not feel like you need it you can simply just leave it alone. However players who play a great deal of Monster Hunter games will love having this option.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#37 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

All I can say is wait to get your hands on it. If you do not like it do not get it.

...What?

Anyway, I am allowed to have my opinion over it. I wasn't going to state much of anything more about it until somebody said that everybody's opinions are changing on it which I hadn't really seen. That's the only reason I responded here after my initial reactions, so comments like what you made are completely unnecessary. I know I don't have to get it, I'm not going to. It doesn't change the fact that I can have an opinion.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#38 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

Well, in my opinion I think it's a great addition to the 3DS. Then again, I feel betrayed. Nintendo pretty much immediately adding attachments like slide pads and such, new color designs, and other things. I, as a launch day costumer thinks Nintendo should of at least put the second slide pad on at the start. Seriously, they rushed this handheld to fast. If they would of spent more quality time on their 3DS, I can guarantee you it would of been a lot better.
Lets list some flaws with the 3DS:
Short battery
Top screen gets scratched by bottom
3D can cause headaches and sickness
No second slide pad from the start
Bad online functionality (I think the Vita has got it right with their online capabilities)
Horrible launch line-up
Still has friend codes
Hinges can be squeaky, for some 3DS's
Doesn't seem as durable and well structured like the first DS original

Edited by nintendo3DS, 13 September 2011 - 06:04 PM.

#39 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:40 AM

It's nice to know there's not going to be a redesign.

Well, in my opinion I think it's a great addition to the 3DS. Then again, I feel betrayed. Nintendo pretty much immediately adding attachments like slide pads and such, new color designs, and other things. I, as a launch day costumer thinks Nintendo should of at least put the second slide pad on at the start. Seriously, they rushed this handheld to fast. If they would of spent more quality time on their 3DS, I can guarantee you it would of been a lot better.
Lets list some flaws with the 3DS:
Short battery
Top screen gets scratched by bottom
3D can cause headaches and sickness
No second slide pad from the start
Bad online functionality (I think the Vita has got it right with their online capabilities)
Horrible launch line-up
Still has friend codes
Hinges can be squeaky, for some 3DS's
Doesn't seem as durable and well structured like the first DS original

My 3DS is actually at a Nintendo repair center because of the top screen being so scratched. (luckly it has a one year warrenty)

Edited by GameCube, 14 September 2011 - 04:42 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!