Photo

What do you want to see in the 3DS's successor?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

I figured it be a good thing to find out, as development is probably well underway.

1. Dual joysticks built in standard, without the need for an accessory.

2. Higher resolution screens. I'd like to not see pixels, not even on the XL version.

3. Stronger chips. They don't have to be jaw dropping more powerful than the successor to the Vita 2, but they should be able to handle the higher resolution screens and newer abilities for developers.

4. Longer battery life, or a design that allows for a larger battery to be installed after purchase without making it clunky. 4 hours is a bit on the low side.

Any additions?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

I would want the touch screen to be as wide as the top screen.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

why talk about the 3DS's successor so soon? 

Like what has been said above, and I'd like shoulder buttons like the ones on the DS lite. Dunno what else really.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

why talk about the 3DS's successor so soon? 

Like what has been said above, and I'd like shoulder buttons like the ones on the DS lite. Dunno what else really.

Yeah there's not much that really needs improving, I think. Mostly just refreshing components as newer and better components become available.

I would want the touch screen to be as wide as the top screen.

I'm not sure if I'd like that, because you still need about 1" on either side of the bottom screen for buttons and joysticks. It'd be a lot of wasted space and make the device a lot bigger compared to the screen size.

Edited by grahamf, 20 July 2013 - 10:01 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

I figured it be a good thing to find out, as development is probably well underway.

2. Higher resolution screens. I'd like to not see pixels, not even on the XL version.

3. Stronger chips. They don't have to be jaw dropping more powerful than the successor to the Vita 2, but they should be able to handle the higher resolution screens and newer abilities for developers.

4. Longer battery life, or a design that allows for a larger battery to be installed after purchase without making it clunky. 4 hours is a bit on the low side.

Any additions?

Everything you said.

Including better speakers of course.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#6 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm not sure if I'd like that, because you still need about 1" on either side of the bottom screen for buttons and joysticks. It'd be a lot of wasted space and make the device a lot bigger compared to the screen size.

Thinking back about it, it might be a bad idea.

Though I would very much like shoulder buttons that don't die after 2 years of use.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#7 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

i knid of want something where the base is small, so i dont need the charging cratle to make it enjoyable to play games, but thats just because i have big hands (big, not fat)

wa3Nq7j.png

#8 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing a complete redesign as long as Nintendo pulls it off well. Im talking about ditching the old idea of 2 screens and going with something fresh, i'm perfectly happy with the way the 3DS is but it would be nice to see something new.

I would personally like if they ditched the cameras, they add quite a bit to the price and don't really serve much use to me since the megapixels is absolutely terrible.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#9 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:06 AM

I have a whole list of things I want, things that will most likely happen, and things that can't happen

Most Likely will Happen
-Dual Circle Pad Standard
-Miiverse and Nintendo Network right out of the Box
-HD screens (Im anticipating it to be dubbed "Nintendo HDS")
-Multi-Touch Bottom Screen
-HD Cameras (Inner and Outer)

What I Want
-ZL and ZR TRIGGERS built into the cradle
---Cradle would be redesigned to have a battery to support this when not charging, in addition to its current function on Nintendo 3DS
-Curved Screen on the inner hinge. This I thought would be cool and more immersive in gameplay, how an effect can transition from the upper screen to the bottom screen, most likely in a blurred effect.
---Xbox One like specs (in a mobile form) lets face it, Technology is advancing rapidly and the Xbox One's specs are going to become obsolete quickly (despite how powerful it is) oxymoron? Yes

What Can't Happen under certain Circumstances
-Different architecture CPU. If Nintendo wants to maintain backwards compatibility, then they can't change their chip work, only improve upon it. Sure they can implement a second CPU, but considering some games on the 3DS used both CPU's, that would mean 3 CPUs and one battery. So if you want to play all your 3DS and DS games, you can.
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#10 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:14 AM

Longer battery life. Please.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#11 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

Folding shooter triggers that can be folded into the back of the handheld

#12 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

Well, even though the 3DS hasn't even come close to finishing, here goes.

Keep the 3D - it's awesome.

Keep the two screens - it's awesome.

Improve the battery life.

Make the screens bigger - around 4 inches for the top screen would be good.

Higher fidelity graphics and processing power (the obvious thing for a new console).

HD screens.

Without these, it wouldn't really be all that new or much of an upgrade.

Bring the noise.

#13 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Bigger screen with higher resolution (720p, 4,5/5"?), dual sticks/slidepads, slightly more powerful than PS360. Maybe ditch dual screens. Enough RAM to support businesses like voicechat with friends, intergrated into the system itself, not a lame letter app. 5MP camera, social media intergration. Capatacive touchscreen. Miiverse account that is the same as on your Wii U. Also make it comfy. But Nintendo is good at that. Most importantly, a good line-up.

Edit: 4 shoulder buttons like the Wii Classic controller (not the pro one but the SNESish one)

Edited by Keviin, 21 July 2013 - 08:07 AM.

No sig.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

Any additions?

All of the above. Plus a more solid design including a more robust hinge.

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Yeah, itd be nice if the hinge didn't wobble

#16 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

I want...

HD 3D for both screens

Both screens be widescreen

Better speakers

Dual Circle Pads

At least 6-7 hour battery

Touch screen for top screen

4 shoulder buttons

2 Game Card slots

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#17 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Considering Nintendo is generous enough to give us backwards compatibility on practically all it's devices, i doubt we will see a huge leap in graphics in order to let 3DS games running.

HD cameras would be nice, but are they nessesary.

Also 3D on both screens would be a waste of time, you spend most of your time looking at the top screen, having both would drain battery pretty quickly not to mention give you a pretty bad headache.

Technology is upgrading pretty quickly so my opinion is bound to be proven wrong once again.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!