Jump to content


Photo

How do you think pikmin is gonna do in europe?


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

    Piranha Plant

  • Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

I know people say pikmin isn't as big here as it is in japan, but this is the first big release we're getting in europe since quite a while a go.

 

So we've got  a lot of nintendo fans with wii u wanting that next big game so I think those guys have probably snapped up pikmin.

So I'm predicting to sales number of around over 100 thousand for first week. 


Shing Shong For Smash 4!


#2 Chrop

Chrop

    Pokey

  • Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

100,000... you have high expectations, I'd say a around 40,000 maybe.


lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.


#3 nbond3040

nbond3040

    Bob-omb

  • Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

VGcharts says that in Europe the Wii U has sold 690,724 units so far and for pikmin to sale 100,000 units would be insane that means 69% of the people that bought a wii U would have bought this game and for comparison in japan the WiiU has sold around 1 million units and pikmin has sold around 130,000 so thats a user base of around 13% so I don't think it will be 100,000



if I had to take a guess 62,165 which is 9% of the WiiU user base in Europe


Edited by nbond3040, 28 July 2013 - 07:09 AM.


#4 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

    Piranha Plant

  • Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

VGcharts says that in Europe the Wii U has sold 690,724 units so far and for pikmin to sale 100,000 units would be insane that means 69% of the people that bought a wii U would have bought this game and for comparison in japan the WiiU has sold around 1 million units and pikmin has sold around 130,000 so thats a user base of around 13% so I don't think it will be 100,000



if I had to take a guess 62,165 which is 9% of the WiiU user base in Europe

 

It's only sold 690 thousand units? Dang! I thought it had gotten like a million sold.

 

I'll lower predictions down to about 70,000 then


Shing Shong For Smash 4!


#5 Colinx

Colinx

    Pokey

  • Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

35,000


2lvmghw.png


#6 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

    Chain Chomp

  • Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

15,000 maybe 20,000 tops.


Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#7 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

    Thwomp

  • Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

VGcharts says that in Europe the Wii U has sold 690,724 units so far and for pikmin to sale 100,000 units would be insane that means 69% of the people that bought a wii U would have bought this game and for comparison in japan the WiiU has sold around 1 million units and pikmin has sold around 130,000 so thats a user base of around 13% so I don't think it will be 100,000



if I had to take a guess 62,165 which is 9% of the WiiU user base in Europe

 

Your math is a little off there, for the first part anyway.

100,000 units sold at an instal base of 690,724 is about 14.5%, not 69%.



#8 nbond3040

nbond3040

    Bob-omb

  • Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

 

Your math is a little off there, for the first part anyway.

100,000 units sold at an instal base of 690,724 is about 14.5%, not 69%.

 

ohh oops I wasn't really thinking I guess and it wasn't a little off it was a lot off sorry



#9 Big Boss

Big Boss

    Pokey

  • Validating
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Seeing as Europe doesn't like Nintendo products, probably 10.



#10 3Dude

3Dude

    Whomp

  • Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Like.... Pikmin.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

 


#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

    That Guy

  • Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

More than 1 copy will be sold.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg


#12 Hunter

Hunter

    Cheetah

  • Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

I don't think we will see big sales until Donkey Kong.



#13 Portal

Portal

    Pokey

  • Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Europe or UK? If UK, 100k over the course of 2-3 weeks. If Europe, maybe 150k in the first week.


Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal


#14 xile6

xile6

    Alchemist

  • Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

I can't say about over there but here in the US I am betting its not many.
Wen pikmin 1 and 2 where out no one seem to know what the hell I was talking about.
I do know that at lest 3 people from the game stop I go to are getting it along with me.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#15 Julio93

Julio93

    Hammer Bro.

  • Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

I don't really know for sure but hopefully its over the amount of sales in Japan.


kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

 


#16 Nollog

Nollog

    Chain Chomp

  • Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

a lot of gamestops here are sold out, and they're giving a decent price on it, so probably about 20k

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t


#17 Portal

Portal

    Pokey

  • Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:25 AM

http://www.nintendol...in_second_place

Pikmin 3 made it to 2, only beat by Minecraft 360 Edition.


Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal


#18 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

    Piranha Plant

  • Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

http://www.nintendol...in_second_place

Pikmin 3 made it to 2, only beat by Minecraft 360 Edition.

 

I know just saw it earlier.

 

Would like to see some actual sales numbers though, any idea when they would come in?


Shing Shong For Smash 4!





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!