Photo

Which XMen 90's cartoon intro do you prefer? North American or Japanese?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Which XMen 90's cartoon intro do you prefer? North American or Japanese? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one?

1. North American (2 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Japanese (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

I love the Xmen cartoon when I was growing up, when I looked back at the cartoon i noticed it had alot of errors, like the lines they say are kind of stupid or the action with Wolverine is lacking heavily. I still like it its not like the stupid Street Fighter or Darkstalkers cartoon, that was really stupid, glad i didn't grew up with it as a kid.

I saw the Japanese version of the intro in high school and it blew me away on how awesome it looked. I personally prefer the Japanese version, but I really do like the NA version simply because I grew up with it, the intro is stupid but its hilarious to not make you say 'Wow this looks so garbage like the rest of Dic's animation." You can imagine how negative everyone got when they saw the JP intro, like they want to be true patriots and say the JP version sucks simply because its the most liked over what they grew up with. I still take the JP version because it had that epic end: "CRYYYYY FOR THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Edited by Julio93, 29 July 2013 - 07:26 PM.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

Where's the "I don't like X-Men" option? :P

#3 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

I liked the cartoon, but I didn't care for the intro, either of them.  The JP one just sounds like another generic engrish speed rock with DBZ sound effects.

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

North America version. I grew up on it. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

North American. Japanese one is garbage and the animation to it is misleading. Also that "cry for the moon" part was one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard in my life. Never again. Did I mention that I hate Anime? because that intro makes it seem like an Anime.

Edited by Gaymer, 29 July 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

Huh. Interesting.

Are these just different intros, or qre they a seperate show?

1. Japanese version had fantastic scene composition. Much much better than the American one, the camera angles, backgrounds, and how they were presented were much mory dynamic and interesting.

2. The Animation in the American version destroyed the Japanese version. The American version had no problem changing angles and rotating drawn background scenes and characters accurately. The Japanes version was very 2d, with chaacters largely remaining from the same perspective to the camera, and the few attempts at rotational animation, like storms twirl were really bad and choppy.

6. Animation in the Japanese version is somehow much worse (in fps) than the American.

3. Lol, Xaviers a pimp in the japanese version.

4. Japanese theme is atrocious.

5. Wow, the Japanese really like pimping the girls.

6. Somehow, a lot of the animated drawings in the Japanese version look much more faithful to the American comic books than the simplified american Xmen cartoon.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Huh. Interesting.

Are these just different intros, or qre they a seperate show?

The intros are completely different, the series are the same NA 90's animation.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#8 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

Omg I remember this lol.
But why does Chen always end when apocalypse comes?
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!