Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Warner Bros. explains why Batman: Arkham Origins multiplayer is skipping Wii U

“MP will be available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. The team is focusing development efforts on platforms with the largest MP audience.”

u9fVpSi.gif

#22 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Unfortunate for some WII U owners but I really don't care and I'll still buy the game.  Multiplayer does not belong in every game out there.  This is like Bioshock II and Assassin's Creed putting a broken multiplayer in there game......my apologies ahead of time to the 4 people in this world that actually thought they were good.

#23 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:03 AM

Unfortunate for some WII U owners but I really don't care and I'll still buy the game.  Multiplayer does not belong in every game out there.  This is like Bioshock II and Assassin's Creed putting a broken multiplayer in there game......my apologies ahead of time to the 4 people in this world that actually thought they were good.

The problem is that people want the option of multiplayer, even if it is crap. If the other consoles are getting multiplayer then we should also get it since we are paying the same price.

I'm certainly not buying it for any platform unless multiplayer is added or the Wii U version is cheaper.

#24 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:52 AM

multiplayer is a big deal these days as not only do you get a full campaign game, you also get an online separate game giving the gamer more for their money.
Its clearly the future from now on and the same game on wiiu will cost the same but give the customer less. Not good really .

I disagree with that. Multiplayer should only be included and is only necessary where it is appropriate. If its not appropriate for the game then it shouldn't be included in the first place. Game like the Batman and Uncharted franchise for example are single player experiences and should remain that way and not have multiplayer tacked on for the sake of it.

#25 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

I disagree with that. Multiplayer should only be included and is only necessary where it is appropriate. If its not appropriate for the game then it shouldn't be included in the first place. Game like the Batman and Uncharted franchise for example are single player experiences and should remain that way and not have multiplayer tacked on for the sake of it.

I agree with you on the subject (Rocksteady themselves said that they didn't put multiplayer in Arkham City because they wanted to focus on a great single player and not have a mediocre multiplayer), but the multiplayer in Uncharted was a lot of fun. A better example would be Assassin's Creed.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#26 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

Online Multiplayer is here to stay, i agree its not always necessary but id take it over not taking it anyday.
In fairness to the game developers, games haven't gone up in price much over the last few years, but they have expanded the life of the game by giving us the multiplayer option. Im miffed that WIIU seems to be missing out on a lot of games and features but as gamers we cant hate online multiplay as its clearly massive and clearly popular, its just a shame we cant experience much of it :(

#27 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

This will likely be a hack port.  They are going to slap this game on Wii U and then complain about low sales on Wii U.  Obviously sales will be lower on Wii U no matter what, its a new console, but I am starting to think developers should just skip a Wii U version if they arent going to do it right.  Criterion made that statement a while back, if your going to do it, then you should be doing it right.  Maybe they will sell the Wii U version for $50 instead of $60, but I doubt it. 

#28 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

It is what it is... I guess we are down to Ubisoft and Activision who backs out first... And then they were two.

#29 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

Ok, so 3rd party developers are idiots. I think we've known that for a while... but you know what? I'm not going to let this deter from buying the Wii U version. Why? Because, dang it, I want this title to succeed on the Wii U!! Frick. Seriously, if none of these freakin' 3rd party titles do well then 3rd party devs will give up.

I'm not letting that happen. Darn it.

...yes I am angry. Why devs gotta be dumb?

#30 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

I wasn't likely to try out the multiplayer anyway but this is just sad.

Hopefully they will at least try to optimise the game properly this time.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#31 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

This does put me off and I'm unlikely to buy the game now. No-one likes to know they're getting an inferior version just because the publisher/developer doesn't care about my custom. 

#32 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

Guess who isn't buying this game anymore? 

Hawhawhaw. 

#33 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

I mean, it seems unfair that multiplayer isn't included, but how would multiplayer on this game be any fun anyway? :P

Just saying, my opinion.

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

I was hovering over the pre-order button just now and googled the game on wii u to see the prices, instead I see this article.
I guess I won't be buying it after all.

While multiplayer isn't a core feature of most games, to remove a feature and still charge full price with a unicorn tongue excuse like this, Wii them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

I probably wouldntv played the multiplayer anyway. I wanted this game but if the price is going to be the same for a gimped version then I probably won't get it. They coulnd use the excuse that its the same price because it has game pad features and the other versions don't, but I don't think that would fly too well even if its kind of true.

Edited by Cozmo, 13 August 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#36 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

And 3rd party develpers wonder why their games are not selling well on the Wii U.

#37 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Ultimately it seems ridiculous to me to deny yourself a game you were looking forward to just because they've removed something you'd never touch anyway.

Much the same as all the Rayman anger, if you don't buy something you were looking forward to because of something that doesn't affect you then that's frankly a bit silly isn't it?

#38 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

Ultimately it seems ridiculous to me to deny yourself a game you were looking forward to just because they've removed something you'd never touch anyway.

Much the same as all the Rayman anger, if you don't buy something you were looking forward to because of something that doesn't affect you then that's frankly a bit silly isn't it?

A lot of us own a PC capable of running the game, or a second console where the version will not be gimped.
So we can further the trend of third parties thinking they're doing it right.

At least send them a tweet or email saying why you're not supporting it on Wii U if this unicorn tongue bothers you.
Probably won't have any effect at all, but if we don't let them know they'll just think they did it all right.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#39 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

A lot of us own a PC capable of running the game, or a second console where the version will not be gimped.
So we can further the trend of third parties thinking they're doing it right.

At least send them a tweet or email saying why you're not supporting it on Wii U if this unicorn tongue bothers you.
Probably won't have any effect at all, but if we don't let them know they'll just think they did it all right.

I have an Xbox here as well, but I like playing on the Wii U.

Again, if you don't care about multiplayer then it doesn't matter if you buy the Wii U version.

What are you supposed to do? Tweet them complaining how they have left out something you didn't care about?
And if they put it in, paying money to develop and run servers for Wii U and then all of you that complained then don't play it because you don't care about it, then they've wasted all that time and money.

Not exactly sure which part of any of that sounds 'right'.

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:54 AM

I have an Xbox here as well, but I like playing on the Wii U.

Again, if you don't care about multiplayer then it doesn't matter if you buy the Wii U version.

What are you supposed to do? Tweet them complaining how they have left out something you didn't care about?
And if they put it in, paying money to develop and run servers for Wii U and then all of you that complained then don't play it because you don't care about it, then they've wasted all that time and money.

Not exactly sure which part of any of that sounds 'right'.

It's an additional feature.
How can I like something I haven't tried yet?
The cost of servers is almost nothing, the cost of developing it is the same as it is for the other consoles.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!