Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

What do you consider better?

I don't know much about the OS, so I'm not going to dwelve into that, but I do know that Mac's are overpriced as hell, so overpriced that you're practically paying hundreds of dollars just for the pretty box.
So I consider PC better.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

What do you consider better?

I don't know much about the OS, so I'm not going to dwelve into that, but I do know that Mac's are overpriced as hell, so overpriced that you're practically paying hundreds of dollars just for the pretty box.
So I consider PC better.

I say Linux/windows dual boot :P

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

I think that generally Macs look nicer than PCs, but you get much more for your money with a PC. The cheapest Macs are about £850, a price that you could get a very good PC for. If I had lots of money I might get a Mac, but I don't so I won't be getting one anytime soon.

#4 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:58 AM

PC. I think with a Mac all you're paying for is all the fancy advertising.
Posted Image

#5 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

I go with PCs. Why? Because I don't like spending $1000 more for a similar product.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#6 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

PCs FTW!!! :P

Posted Image

#7 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

I run a PC.
Posted Image

#8 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

PC, I don't have a MAC and I just prefer them.

#9 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

PC all the way.
My PC laptop cost about £350-ish. It has 3 GB of RAM. Jakes mums Mac laptop cost over £1000 and has 3.5 GB of RAM. Her's can't handle Minecraft. Mine can run it with 60-100 FPS at it's best.
She should have just bought some super computer, for that money.

Edited by HaHa-No, 11 September 2011 - 12:22 PM.

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#10 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

A Mac is a PC. Any company that has to resort to misleading advertising like that doesn't get my money.

Hence why I avoid Sony
/hanged
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#11 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

A Mac is a PC. Any company that has to resort to misleading advertising like that doesn't get my money.

Hence why I avoid Sony
/hanged

Exactly. A mac is Personal Computer. It's just an overpriced PC that gets way with it by claiming to be "hip"

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#12 juanpa899

juanpa899

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:
    EVERYTHING!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

PC's Rule!!!

#13 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:34 PM

I actually run a dual boot of Windows 7 and Mac Snow Leopard. Each system is nice, the main problem is that mac can't play games. But the other problem is that there are tons of viruses for Windows.
I do all my digital art sort of work on the Mac and do Word Processing and film editing on the Windows.

But I hate it when people call Windows a PC. PC stands for personal computer. The only real difference is the operating system, as most computers can run either OS.

Edited by Pyro, 14 September 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#14 Peach Bloom

Peach Bloom

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:elviswjr
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, MLP:FiM, Adventure Time

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

I have both. A Mac desktop and a Windows laptop. I find myself using Mac more than Windows though. It doesn't have all those annoying system tray pop-ups and constantly spam you with UAC boxes. It also has a nicer looking operating system in my opinion. One of my favorite things about it is that when you're browsing through a folder of pictures or videos you can press the space bar to do a quick preview without opening an application and you can navigate folders easily with just the arrow keys (in column view). A lot of things you do in Windows are just easier on mac, for example, to eject a drive you can either right click, eject, or just drag it to the trash can. I use Windows too but mainly only when I'm away from home or when I need to do something that I can't do in OS X (which is very rarely). I don't do much gaming so that's not a problem for me and I like the feeling of security you get knowing that you're not likely to get a virus on Mac.

F1jKB.gif

#15 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

But I hate it when people call Windows a PC. PC stands for personal computer. The only real difference is the operating system, as most computers can run either OS.

Yes, I know that PC is personal computer, but there is no other way to differentiate it, it would have sounded weird to call the thread "PC vs PC" and we're discussing the computers, not the companys, so a name like "Microsoft vs Apple" was not viable either, and like I said, I know nothing about the OS of Mac's, not even the name of the OS.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#16 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

Eh, Ok...

#17 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

While I usually stay out of the forums, I just couldn't resist :).
I prefer macs because I like it's operating system more than windows. It just seems so much easier to use, and there isn't some popup asking me if I want to do something every 5 seconds. Also, it get's less viruses, but that's only because more people use Windows computers.
The only reason mac's aren't "gaming" computers is because developers are to lazy to port their games over. Mac's are easily capable of playing games, and people are willing to buy them. If I was a computer gamer, I'd end up buying a PC solely for gaming, but I'm more into consoles, so my mac is fine for what it needs to do.

#18 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

This is what i have heard about the two.Well Mac's are good for multimedia purposes because of the helpful software, runs better than a window's computer, and have less viruses because it is not often used OS. What they lack is other software support because not many software developers actually make software for the system. WIndows are the norm and a lot of software support it, however this also leads to people making viruses for the OS more common. Also windows are the best one for gaming as well.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#19 massattacker

massattacker

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

i say pc because i have only use a mac once

Edited by massattacker, 01 October 2011 - 06:05 PM.

#20 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:03 AM

PC all the way.
My PC laptop cost about £350-ish. It has 3 GB of RAM. Jakes mums Mac laptop cost over £1000 and has 3.5 GB of RAM. Her's can't handle Minecraft. Mine can run it with 60-100 FPS at it's best.
She should have just bought some super computer, for that money.

I thought it was the processor that mattered most anyway :S and I thought RAM was just the memory of the stuff thats running ATM?? (if you know what I mean xD)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!