#1 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

We do know Nintendo has called half their Wii Game, with the "Wii" Suffix, and half their DS games with the "DS" suffix and NOW half their 3DS games with the "3DS" suffix. Anyways, do you think they are gonna call half their Wii U games with the "Wii U" or "U" suffix? I don't I think it is going to be similar to the GCN, We don't have a game called Mario Kart GameCube do we? What do you think? Share your thoughts here.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#2 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:09 AM

Wii Play U! lol
Posted Image

#3 SnobbishTurban

SnobbishTurban

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Banjo-Kazooie.

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:40 AM

Super Mario Galaxy U doesn't sound right. At all.

You laugh at me because I am different. I pity you because you're all the same.

#4 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:40 AM

I think they'll probably stick "U" on the end of most game titles, like they seem to be sticking "3D" on the end of every 3DS title at the moment. So, I think games will generally have titles such as, "Mario Kart U".

#5 Peach Bloom

Peach Bloom

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:elviswjr
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, MLP:FiM, Adventure Time

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

I don't think it will be as bad as Wii or 3DS but I think there will still be games that will use "Wii" or "U" in their titles like maybe "U Play" or some other bad pun like that.

F1jKB.gif

#6 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

I've personally never been a fan of games being named after their systems, and am very glad that Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy both received a somewhat original name. If it was Super Mario Wii, I probably would've cringed. But to be honest, they're probably going to be naming quite a few games with the formula <series name> U. I don't think that the "Wii U" suffix sounds very good - something like Assassin's Creed Wii U really sounds like a mouthful. And in good marketing, mouthfuls are one thing you'll want to avoid at all costs, which was the whole philosophy behind the Wii name to begin with.

#7 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

I think they will put U on the end of any games that use it. Or they might do like GameCube and just name the games with any title they want.(GameCube had no games that mentioned the GameCube's name in them.)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#8 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

If Nintendo makes more games in the Wii series ( Wii Sports and Wii Music for example) they will probably end most of the game titles with either U or Wii U.

#9 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

I hope and think they wont, why? Becouse it sounds Ridiculous, that'll be like adding "cube" in the end of all gamecube titles, you just dont do it!

#10 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:46 PM

Can't believe no one has suggested 'Ultimate' yet...

Super Smash Bros. Barfight: Ultimate version (compared to 3D)
Dynasty Warriors: Ultimate
Castlevania Ultimate

It doesn't sound bad, and has actually been used quite often before... Plus it denotes the superior work compared to others, so I wouldn't be surprised if Ninty pushes it. Better than adding 64 to everything, IMO.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#11 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

Super Smash Bros. Barfight

I loled.

We'll probably get some games that use that suffix, but I doubt any of the big titles, both first and third party, will get a "U" suffix.

Edited by Waller, 16 September 2011 - 07:01 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#12 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

Super Smash Bros. Barfight

Barfight? Nah, that's stupid. Now, Super Smash Bros. Brouhaha, that's a game I would play. lol.
Posted Image

#13 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:56 PM

I know that a Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be beyond awesome.

To stick with what Gin Kamlya was saying, 'Ultimate' or 'Ultra' might be one of the words used in titles often.

#14 akkaarrh

akkaarrh

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:21 AM

Let's analyze this, shall we?
  • For the SNES, 'Super' was a selling point, because, hell... it's the word super.
  • For the Nintendo 64, '64' was a selling point. It's a reference to the graphical capabilities of the console.
  • For the Nintendo DS, 'DS' was a selling point. The DS was dual screen.
  • For the Wii, sticking Wii at the end of their titles was a selling point because Nintendo has a [expletive] excellent marketing team.
Now, when it comes to the Wii U:
  • 'U' is a letter. There's essentially nothing to sell.
See my point?

#15 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:43 AM

I don't think Nintendo does that anymore. Whenever you see a "U" suffix after any title, it's usually tentative, a way for gamers to identify the game for the platform until it is fully unveiled -- like The Legend of Zelda Revolution back when the Wii was called the "Revolution". Nintendo will most likely only add the "U" suffix on casual titles like Wii Sports, while the bigger and hardcore titles will have an appropriate name.

#16 TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:02 AM

I've personally never been a fan of games being named after their systems, and am very glad that Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy both received a somewhat original name. If it was Super Mario Wii, I probably would've cringed. But to be honest, they're probably going to be naming quite a few games with the formula <series name> U. I don't think that the "Wii U" suffix sounds very good - something like Assassin's Creed Wii U really sounds like a mouthful. And in good marketing, mouthfuls are one thing you'll want to avoid at all costs, which was the whole philosophy behind the Wii name to begin with.

Funny you say that, in Korea it actually is called Super Mario Wii.

/koreaboofacts
"This news fills my heart with rainbows!"

#17 lemonlime

lemonlime

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

First off, there hasn't been a single 3DS game the the "3DS" suffix-they all simply use "3D".
Second, it's been the case with most nintendo consoles (not all). Take these:

Prefixes:
SNES: Super
Virtual boy: Virtual or 3D
Gameboy and GBC: pocket (kinda rare, but used)

Suffixes:
N64: 64
GBA: Advance
DS: DS
Wii: Wii
3DS: 3D

Edited by lemonlime, 24 September 2011 - 10:22 AM.

#18 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:21 PM

I dont like naming after systems (exception: Super) but i have a strong feeling that any casual targeting games will include Wii, or U , or WiiU, because its works for the casual market. Longtime gamers have seen thier share of games and see the title of a game differently so i doubt any well established "hardcore" series will have that suffix in it. I know SMB Wii had that but that game had alot of casual elements, they slowed mario down for easier platform timing, and the 4 player thing, and the early to mid level design was a little easy compared to the old games. Thier is a rumor about a "Zelda Universe" and i could see maybe that working its way into names
Posted Image

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

It's a thing Nintendo does. It works (in most cases).

I personally see nothing wrong with it, other than it can draw attention away from other titles (like how I still haven't player TWEWY yet).

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!