Photo

Interesting post about an anti ninty conspiracy.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

I've read his post and while I wish something like the end results he predicts would happen, chances are he's just a fool. Honestly, the Wii U is a joke right now and I don't see that turning around. I am a huge fan of Nintendo and I love my Wii U, but have you seen the sales numbers? Have you read comments on gaming articles? Neither of these things look good. The image is that Nintendo abandoned the gamer and every time a 3rd party developer says "The Wii U version of our game will not include X feature" people just laugh a little more at the joke that is Nintendo.

I want them to turn it around. I want the Wii U to be successful, but right now 3rd party devs aren't really doing anything to help. More and more people are canceling their Wii U game pre-orders in favor of other systems because 3rd party companies don't really treat Nintendo with any kind of respect. The gamers are following suit.

Edited by Phanto, 12 August 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

His predictions are ludicrous. I'm guessing 30 million lifetime, and in last place

The more I think about it, the more I feel this is the best possible scenario for me.

Without the casuals to appeal to, nintendo will focus all their efforts on me- er all of us core gamers.

If wii fit u/sports u/mario 3dland whatever nintendo has planning to reignite the wii casual fire fails to be 20 million unit sales monsters moving millions of systems, then instead of nintendo putting their resources into pumping out a billion casual game/mini game collectins, it will be spent on making more titles like X, and Metroid, and Zelda and 3d mario. Trying to make a profit by appealing to us, for an entire generation.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

I remember when he appeared with all those Wii projections and people called him crazy - well, given this numbers. Yet, he did hit it somewhat.

I don`t know if some or all companies think like that, but if they do it would make sense given Nintendo`s NES and SNES history and more recente moves by EA and Activision.

Still, i hope is "crazyness" becomes reality, even if just the first part of it.

#24 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

I pretty much agree with all his points apart from those predictions at the end.

I think with the wii u it has become obvious that third parties just dislike Nintendo, not the wii u, but Nintendo in general. Most developers are either making games with missing features or not making any at all because of "hardware issues". It's absurd, given developers who have actually worked with wii u have given it praise (such as frozenbite).

I think Wii U can still do very well with only it's first party titles and some third party titles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!