• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

If their (new) engine is the dogs dinner, maybe they should licence it out, to other potential Nintendo developers.

I doubt that would happen.  The majority of developers that license games engines are going to choose a middleware solution that allows them to port a game across all major consoles and pc.  Shin'en's engine will be tailored for Wii U, and probably wouldnt work well on any other consoles. 

#22 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

This developer was entirely unfamiliar to me, and then I looked up their past games. None of them have ever interested me. Not really all that excited to see what they have in development...

#23 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

This developer was entirely unfamiliar to me, and then I looked up their past games. None of them have ever interested me. Not really all that excited to see what they have in development...

Speak for youself, These are the developers who can make a Wii U game look as good as PS4 so i'm hype for whatever it is they plan to show off.

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

They are usually pretty specific and consistant. If you dont like the end of gaming they cover looking at their past catalouge, then well, thats pretty much that.

Im looking forward to fast racing league 2, the first stands up surprisingly well next to fzero or wipeout, particularly for a wii shop title.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Speak for youself, These are the developers who can make a Wii U game look as good as PS4 so i'm hype for whatever it is they plan to show off.

Oh, yes. Another Nano Assault is exactly what the Wii U needs right now. :-/

#26 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

There was totally supposed to be a 'probably' on point 3 XD.

This is very true. Im not worried though.

jett-rocket-20100329005141575.jpg
screen10.jpg

They did these on freaking wii, with only 45Mb allowed for game size.

Yeah but things are so negative with Wii U( splinter cell on Wii U framerate drops) is like every game that comes out there is some technical flaw. I just have to wait and see. It seems as of right now 2014 will be the year Wii U visuals really start out pacing on a "REGULAR" basis ps360 games.

#27 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

Yeah but things are so negative with Wii U( splinter cell on Wii U framerate drops) is like every game that comes out there is some technical flaw. I just have to wait and see. It seems as of right now 2014 will be the year Wii U visuals really start out pacing on a "REGULAR" basis ps360 games.

Where did you hear framerate drops on Wii U Splinter Cell?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#28 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Where did you hear framerate drops on Wii U Splinter Cell?

ign review on differences on Wii U and ps360. Wii U hold visuals a little bit better no screen tearing like in ps360 version but Wii U has frame rate drops.

#29 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

ign review on differences on Wii U and ps360. Wii U hold visuals a little bit better no screen tearing like in ps360 version but Wii U has frame rate drops.

I need to see a comparison video between the two before making a judgement. Assassin's Creed 3 had framerate issues on both systems, while the only noticeable dip on the Wii U version as opposed to smooth 30 fps on 360 was Batman. Everything else was exaggerated as far as I noticed.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#30 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

I need to see a comparison video between the two before making a judgement. Assassin's Creed 3 had framerate issues on both systems, while the only noticeable dip on the Wii U version as opposed to smooth 30 fps on 360 was Batman. Everything else was exaggerated as far as I noticed.

yeah still sucks we cant get an improved visual performance port of a wii u game. i see this continuing with watchdogs, COD ghost, AC4 and batman... and people wonder why the majority(even if uneducated) gamers believe Wii U to be just on par or a little better than ps360.

#31 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:28 AM

I can only see where IGN said framerate issues on Wii U during cut scenes, not during gameplay.  If it plays perfectly smooth during gameplay, I can live with come framerate dips during cut scenes. 

#32 cupoftea

cupoftea

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

FULLY DEFERRED WITH HDR AND SHADERS @ 60 FRAMES in a single pass all handled in EDRAM

thats impressive and proves dice and EA A bunch of bull-zhitt'ers

wonder if theres compression in edram that x360 couldnt do increasing space -bandwidth further...

Edited by cupoftea, 15 August 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

FULLY DEFERRED WITH HDR AND SHADERS @ 60 FRAMES in a single pass all handled in EDRAM

thats impressive and proves dice and EA A bunch of bull-zhitt'ers

wonder if theres compression in edram that x360 couldnt do increasing space -bandwidth further...

They said something already?
Dude, post a link for peoples.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

They said something already?
Dude, post a link for peoples.

They said so in their August 12 Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/...850200628760576

apparently, they thought the Wii U wouldn't handle deferred rendering @ 60fps quick enough.  Now they realize "Fortunately it works great on Wii U"

Sounds pretty sweet.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 15 August 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#35 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

apparently, they thought the Wii U wouldn't handle deferred rendering @ 60fps quick enough.  Now they realize "Fortunately it works great on Wii U"

Sounds pretty sweet.

just wish this was a big time developer putting Wii U through its paces and making positive comments. its sad most people dont know who shin'en is

#36 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

just wish this was a big time developer putting Wii U through its paces and making positive comments. its sad most people dont know who shin'en is

Completely agreed. Or that shinen would agree to oversea a larger staff and produce at least one massive scale aaa game with an incredible storyline.

They are awesome, but the scale of their games is too small to make a huge dent.

I buy everything they make though. And at this point, "everything" is exactly one game for me so far. Lol

But I'm impressed. They are on my must-buy list in the future.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 15 August 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#37 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

Big  names will not put much R&D into a console until it proves that it will make them money beyond what that R&D will cost them. So they will not try to reach into things like this until later into a system cycle.  Recently with games being expensive already they always cut corners in optimization. (putting most the game-play and optimization into designers so they can say OO LOOK PRETTY!)

Even Nintendo has been falling into the optimization trap, but mostly due to them having to learn a ton of new things in a short amount of time while trying to keep a ship afloat while everyone tries to sink it.

Shin'en on the other hand is not under pressure to rush themselves, and being who they are, they can do things at a much quicker pace. Nintendo probably  could never buy them over, but if they have not already done so, it  may be worth having them over to help them  spruce up the documentation and maybe show them what they may have missed.

#38 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

Big  names will not put much R&D into a console until it proves that it will make them money beyond what that R&D will cost them. So they will not try to reach into things like this until later into a system cycle.  Recently with games being expensive already they always cut corners in optimization. (putting most the game-play and optimization into designers so they can say OO LOOK PRETTY!)

Even Nintendo has been falling into the optimization trap, but mostly due to them having to learn a ton of new things in a short amount of time while trying to keep a ship afloat while everyone tries to sink it.

Shin'en on the other hand is not under pressure to rush themselves, and being who they are, they can do things at a much quicker pace. Nintendo probably  could never buy them over, but if they have not already done so, it  may be worth having them over to help them  spruce up the documentation and maybe show them what they may have missed.

see ive been dealing with that theory and im calling bullsh!t. if shin'en can make a engine for the console and take advantage of it capabilities... i dont want to hear crap about companies worth 10 times more then them having problems putting money into the console to take advantage of its hardware... that excuse is getting old.

#39 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

Sounds pretty sweet.

Huh, ALL render targets are fitting in edram in a single pass. Yeah, Wii u's usable ram bandwidth destroys ps360.

the whole 12.8 fiasco is beyond comical now.

This is definately multithread rendering as well.

http://msdn.microsof...esktop/ff476891(v=vs.85).aspx

Which is cool, but I gotta admit, the project cars team beat em too the punch.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#40 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

Huh, ALL render targets are fitting in edram in a single pass. Yeah, Wii u's usable ram bandwidth destroys ps360.

the whole 12.8 fiasco is beyond comical now.

This is definately multithread rendering as well.

http://msdn.microsof...esktop/ff476891(v=vs.85).aspx

Which is cool, but I gotta admit, the project cars team beat em too the punch.

this all sounds so good to me and im excited... but its beyond time for these things to be shown in real time gameplay on Wii U. I cant wait to get the first "Undeniable" this blows away last gen no way anyone can say different game on Wii U.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!