Photo

is there a problem with Nintendo's Online Infrastructure?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

I actually think this proves that it is hard to port games with multiplayer to the WiiU because none of Ubisofts games are gimped in the multiplayer and Nintendo and Ubisoft have a pretty good relationship but every other developers games seem to be gimped in multiplayer

There's nothing wrong with their infrastructure, it's just under-developed.

If you build a game on Xbox Live, you have access to huge array of resources like fast matchmaking, high quality voice chat and leaderboards courtesy of Microsoft. That's also the reason Live is a paid service.

On the other end of the spectrum, Nintendo offers very few features and does not host matchmaking for third party games which is probably the biggest reason that we are seeing third party games opt out of Wii U online modes. Larger companies like Ubi have the ability to do their own matchmaking, but others might pass.

#22 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Well ssb and mario cart 8 will have multiplayer so maybe that solves your problem.

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

#23 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Well ssb and mario cart 8 will have multiplayer so maybe that solves your problem.

We haven't seen what their online is like yet. It could be terrible for all we know (I don't think it will be).

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!