Photo

is there a problem with Nintendo's Online Infrastructure?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

it seems like almost all games coming to WiiU have no Multiplayer including games made by Nintendo such as Pikmin 3(which had a perfect opportunity with bingo battle) is there a problem with the online Infrastructure making it harder to port games with multiplayer to the WiiU because you will rarely see this on the ps3 or xbox 360 if a game is gimped on one of those console it is usually frame rate or graphics they don't usually completely take out half the game. 

#2 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

it seems like almost all games coming to WiiU have no Multiplayer including games made by Nintendo such as Pikmin 3(which had a perfect opportunity with bingo battle) is there a problem with the online Infrastructure making it harder to port games with multiplayer to the WiiU because you will rarely see this on the ps3 or xbox 360 if a game is gimped on one of those console it is usually frame rate or graphics they don't usually completely take out half the game. 

Splinter Cell: Blacklist has online multiplayer.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#3 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:19 AM

Splinter Cell: Blacklist has online multiplayer.

I actually think this proves that it is hard to port games with multiplayer to the WiiU because none of Ubisofts games are gimped in the multiplayer and Nintendo and Ubisoft have a pretty good relationship but every other developers games seem to be gimped in multiplayer 

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

Nintendo is living in the past believing offline co-op is SOOOOO Much better that we don't need online, and nothing is wrong with the Wii U's online because if you check Black ops 2 on it, it works perfectly.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

^ Exactly.

All games with no online play come from a business decision.

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Nintendo is living in the past believing offline co-op is SOOOOO Much better that we don't need online, and nothing is wrong with the Wii U's online because if you check Black ops 2 on it, it works perfectly.

Offline co-op is sooooooo much better.

But online is good for when you don't have friends over.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

I agree.

Nintendo need to realise that this is 2013. 

#8 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

Maybe it's lack of networking infrastructure (knowledge). Seems they/Nintendo struggled with HD, maybe they/Nintendo are struggling with online aspects.

On another note. How To Survive, a zombie survival game that is in development for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, has now been announced for Wii U, minus the online MP acpects.

https://twitter.com/...391365782024192 My Twitter response! 

No wonder games are failing to sell.

Edited by wombateer, 16 August 2013 - 07:44 AM.

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Well Nintendo has learned their lesson... a lit bit. . Games like Kid Icarus and LM has online.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#10 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

Nintendo is living in the past believing offline co-op is SOOOOO Much better that we don't need online

Satoru Iwata would like this ;p

But seriously yes, the online system is clunky, its hard to play with friends, there isn't any kind of party chat, and according to some primary 3rd Party devs, the eShop is clunky

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#11 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

Still doesn't have the same menu features as the X360/PS3/PC versions and doesn't have the "checking quality of the server" feature

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Nothing wrong with their online, except nobody thinks it's worth investing in.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Maybe it's lack of networking infrastructure (knowledge). Seems they/Nintendo struggled with HD, maybe they/Nintendo are struggling with online aspects.

On another note. How To Survive, a zombie survival game that is in development for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, has now been announced for Wii U, minus the online MP acpects.

https://twitter.com/...391365782024192 My Twitter response! 

No wonder games are failing to sell.

Cool.  I really like the isometric view and the simple but effective looking crafting system.  It actually looks more fun than State of Decay imo.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

Looks like

Cool.  I really like the isometric view and the simple but effective looking crafting system.  It actually looks more fun than State of Decay imo.

http://projectzomboid.com/

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

You know I have PZ downloaded off Desura, and I love the concept.  The problem is that it has so many bugs that it was virtually unplayable for me.  I basically gave up on it until they release it on Steam because I know it will be more polished.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#16 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

I've noticed more than a few developers saying that in order to launch their games on all platforms simultaneously they been dropping online support for the Wii U since it took more time to utilize the GamePad. I find this total garbage, is it that big of a deal to launch it a little later and spend some more time? Or launch it seperately? 

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#17 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

yes it's ten years behind Live, Steam & PSN, thats whats wrong with it.

#18 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

So true, and this is the focus for Nintendo.

Nintendo's experience is all about playing games with other people in the same room.
They don't put the same effort into online. But then apart from a small number of huge online games I think online is made out to be bigger than it is.

Call of Duty is a massive online game, I doubt Pikmin 3 would have the same kind of audience. I suppose it would be nice to have the option though.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

Games like Pikmin 3 are impossible to make online with current internet technology. Particularly, the fastest commercial internet speeds in the world are not fast enough to deliver the necessary information, particularly tne accurate position of each individually ai controlled pikmin within the time necessary to avoid game breaking lag.

And since each pikmin has its own seperate running ai, and is capable of acting independantly at any time, their actions can not be predicted on server cpu and sent pre-emptively to your companions console, as is the case with every single other online game ever.

Since exactly where each individual pikmin is, at precisely when is absoutely crucial to the game functioning as not crap.... Its not an online possible experience. The constant catch up corrections would have pikmin constantly teleporting all over in sheer mad chaos.

As for third party games.

They simply dont want to waste money buying servers for measly nintendo players to play on.

Nothing more.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

There is nothing missing from wii u online infrastructure.

It's a ll there.

But most large developers are political. And they are gimping games based on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!