#1 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:09 AM

(they call it 2 in my country, which I prefer tbh)

Hey guys, I got this on my birthday ten days ago and I must say that it's an awesome sequel. They improved a lot of things over the original, but the 'scary' atmosphere that made the original so good back in the day is lacking. It's all a bit more cartoony which is good for a change I guess, but yesterday I played the original (got to 37 boos in one day lol) and it was amazing too. The original was really short, is the second one? I'm at third mansion second mission and I played about... 6 hours so far. I could beat the entire first Mansion game in that time tbh, now I know what I have to do etc... back then it wasn't that small for an 8 year old tho.

The puzzles are way better in this game. It really got me thinking, especially the first boss! Ghost catching is a bit easier I guess, but sometimes more enjoyable than in the first one. I also love the Boo names they gave in both games. Boogie, Gameboo Advance, etc. :P

No sig.

#2 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

im really thinking about getting it. i liked the first one, would you suggest it?

Save the Deku trees!

#3 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

I liked it though it's not the usual type of games I play. I would say there is nothing quite like it so go for it, the chances are you won't be disappointed.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

im really thinking about getting it. i liked the first one, would you suggest it?

Warning, it's nothing like the first one.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

I loooved the first one and I love this one too. Like said above it's not the same as the original. This is way more cartoony and more of a focus on puzzles. The ghost battles are more creative and aren't just sucking them up anymore, sometimes you actually have to think what you're doing. Same goes with boss/mini boss battles. Like said in my first post, it doesn't have that "creepy" feel as the original, but safe from that, it really took a step up at some points compared to the first Mansion. It also is made VERY suitable for a handheld game (this game would've been as good on the Wii for example). So yes I recommend this one. I suggest you watch a walkthrough of one mission though (or at least gameplay vids) to see what you can expect.

No sig.

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

It's a bit short, but it was really fun.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

got it and love it. just need to finish oot3ds so i can give it the attention it deserves. the exploration is great

Save the Deku trees!

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Theres nothing creepier about the first LM than the second.

Im pretty sure the only 'creepy feel' the original Luigi's mansion had was the fact it came out over a decade ago, and as such, most of the people claiming it was so creepy had those responses imprinted on them simply because they were so young when they experienced it.

Probably the only thing that could have remotely been considered creepy was a glitch with how luigis shadow co-ordinates are fixed to the camera angle. Resulting in the long debunked 'hung luigi' bit.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

lol luigi is not creepy!

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods