• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Ok. Yes this game looks awesome. But for the Life of me 4 looked great also but I could not play more than an hour. Total.

Maybe I got burned out on Vice City and San Andreas. Feels kinda the same but now you have deer hunting and groins hanging out to make it fresh. Is the world ready?

Anyway it will get perfect 10's because it is GTA and will be great.

But I just can't do it.

I will be playing w101 I had preordered back in November.

#2 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, I am not interested. GTA games don't get me going. I wish Rockstar put their energy and efforts into a Red Dead Redemption sequel instead. 

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#3 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

The idea of playing any of three protagonists while the lives of the other two go on at the same time make this a completely fresh experience.  Count me in big time.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

No. I'm not sick of it at all. This is looking to be the best GTA so far. It has all the best parts of san andreas mixed with all the best parts of 4 plus a whole lot of new features thrown in. I can't wait for this game.

#5 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

I'm not sick of GTA as of such, but I'm certainly sick of an industry and seems endlessly excited about more violence and shooting and blood.

I'm not against these things but I for one feel like the other consoles have completely forgotten games are supposed to be fun.

The fact that Knack is being made for PS4 so everything is 'not a shooter' shows what a state this industry is in.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Looks like crap to me, GTA Online seems like fun though.
But I think the last good GTA was Chinatown Wars (before that, Vice City).

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm not sick of GTA as of such, but I'm certainly sick of an industry and seems endlessly excited about more violence and shooting and blood.

That is not what makes GTA good. If you believe it is all about shooting and violence then you obviously haven't played any in years.

#8 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

That is not what makes GTA good. If you believe it is all about shooting and violence then you obviously haven't played any in years.

I didn't even comment on the quality of the game, I was commenting on how it's another violent game to go along with all the rest.

#9 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

i like GTA there hasnt been a new installment since what 2008? So its due for a new one big time. With Rockstars games recently Red Dead, LA NOIRE, Max Payne 3

I feel like this is the top of the mountain I feel like all of that will lead up to this amazing experience.

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

I didn't even comment on the quality of the game, I was commenting on how it's another violent game to go along with all the rest.

Yes and my point is that you cannot just judge all games that are violent as being the same. There is much more to GTA than just shooting and killing people.

#11 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

The idea of playing any of three protagonists while the lives of the other two go on at the same time make this a completely fresh experience. Count me in big time.

I do like this feature but it hardly makes it a fresh experience. It is the same thing but you split your time With 3 guys. More of a gimmick really. But a good one.

That is what is Funny about GTA.

Reviewer "ok. We know this is basically the same as the original but this time you have a helicopter! 10!"

Next game comes out. "Ok we know this is the same game but you have a motor cycle! 10!"

Next game. "Ok. We know this is still the same game but you gave a jet! 10!

And to the other guy. ... what is wrong with Knack? Have you played an early build? It doesn't look ground breaking but looks fun. I guess we will see. I have it preordered. More excited about knack then GTA.

#12 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

i cannot wait for this  :D

my WiiU will be getting the rest of the year off by the looks of it, it has had most of the year off anyway  :angry:

R* have said they are not looking at next-gen yet, so maybe GTA-6 will be coming out on the WiiU  :laugh:

#13 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

Yes and my point is that you cannot just judge all games that are violent as being the same. There is much more to GTA than just shooting and killing people.

I know there is but we are still in an age where every game needs a gun and a load of violence.

It's not that I'm asking GTA to change, I'm asking all the other stuff to change.

I do like this feature but it hardly makes it a fresh experience. It is the same thing but you split your time With 3 guys. More of a gimmick really. But a good one.

That is what is Funny about GTA.

Reviewer "ok. We know this is basically the same as the original but this time you have a helicopter! 10!"

Next game comes out. "Ok we know this is the same game but you have a motor cycle! 10!"

Next game. "Ok. We know this is still the same game but you gave a jet! 10!

And to the other guy. ... what is wrong with Knack? Have you played an early build? It doesn't look ground breaking but looks fun. I guess we will see. I have it preordered. More excited about knack then GTA.

Sorry think you misunderstood what I meant. I really like the look of Knack. What I really meant was that Knack is the variety to Sony, and to me it seems ridiculous that your variety is one game.

I want more of that. It shouldn't just be Nintendo doing bright and colourful stuff.

#14 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

I'm just waiting for Nintendo to drop the bomb that they have been secretly been working with Rockstar on GTA V release. Major 3rd party games should come to the Wii U.

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Gta is all great to me the story's are pretty good. I know most people don't even play the story and that's why they say its dumb.

Bt IMO it's a great game and its open world so you can do alot of random stuff in it.
I got 5 preorder and I have play ever single gta even the old pc one London.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

I know there is but we are still in an age where every game needs a gun and a load of violence.

It's not that I'm asking GTA to change, I'm asking all the other stuff to change.

Sorry think you misunderstood what I meant. I really like the look of Knack. What I really meant was that Knack is the variety to Sony, and to me it seems ridiculous that your variety is one game.

I want more of that. It shouldn't just be Nintendo doing bright and colourful stuff.

rime_thumb.jpg

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Gta is all great to me the story's are pretty good. I know most people don't even play the story and that's why they say its dumb.

Bt IMO it's a great game and its open world so you can do alot of random stuff in it.
I got 5 preorder and I have play ever single gta even the old pc one London.

I did not say it is dumb. I just meant I spent enough hours on it (the series) that I have had my fill. I don't want another experience with it right now.

I bet it will phenomenal. I just won't be playing. I was not bashing it.

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

So many new stuff....I love me some GTA action :) I'm getting this for sure.

Edited by SaturnDaOPGaymFreak, 29 August 2013 - 05:31 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#19 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

That gave me a good laugh.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#20 BKSmash

BKSmash

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Greatest Of The Greatest

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

Of course I'm not sick of GTA, how could I be? It's freakin Rockstar mate! 

Confused_Finn.gif

''Sick of GTA'' ... HA!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!