Photo

Déjà Vu: Seeing things in your dreams that happen in the future?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Alright this has been happening to me alot, Whiskers would know because it happened as I was reading his status thing.

Most people I know have had this happen to them, but I just want opinions and beliefs on this from other people. Basically, seeing things in your dreams (like sleeping) and then it goes on to happen in the future.

So the quickest moment when I've encountered this is literally when I woke up and what happened in the dream happened, and the latest is always 2-4 days from that dream.

It's scary isn't it? Like when you realize it you'd want some of the good things to happen but, then you can also have realistic nightmares so...

Oh and I tried searching for a similar topic just Incase, but ever since that server change, it's been really screwed up.
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Well, I had a dream where a WUF member got banned and it happened the next day.

#3 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

I really feel like this has happened to me before.  I'll have a moment of deja vu, like I've experienced something before, and I realize that it was in a dream that I "saw" it.  It's usually something completely ho-hum and ordinary, though.  Maybe I'm just imagining it?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#4 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Ive seen stuff happen in a dream then it happen in life but it wasnt a specific thing it was just like ive seen this exact moment before.

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Nah, bunch of balloni on a stick with rabies. Just coincidence. When you dream your body goes in a state of paralysis, there's 4 stages of sleeping, 1 of which involves deep dreams, these are just the brain making connections around certain parts of your brain to create an image, sound and touch fantasy. This is REM sleep. There's nothing about some weird future prediction, just your brain acting out a day in your fantasy world. 

Also Nightmares are just their to conquer your fears of real life. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Nah, bunch of balloni on a stick with rabies. Just coincidence. When you dream your body goes in a state of paralysis, there's 4 stages of sleeping, 1 of which involves deep dreams, these are just the brain making connections around certain parts of your brain to create an image, sound and touch fantasy. This is REM sleep. There's nothing about some weird future prediction, just your brain acting out a day in your fantasy world. 
Also Nightmares are just their to conquer your fears of real life.

I want to hire someone...to kick you :P
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#7 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

This happens to me almost every week. It's not explainable yet.

Signature_Fox.png

#8 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Yeah, it's happened before. Sometimes someone would say exactly the same thing too. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#9 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Once I dreamed about a pub and its keeper and some weeks after that I travelled with my family to another country where I visited the same pub with the same keeper. I don't know how that was possible, the pub couldn't have been projected by images I've already seen...

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#10 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

I never really remember my dreams. But I do remember dreams where something happens and then I'm somehow distracted by something and then I go on with that, only to eventually realize that the dream now doesn't match up with the dream earlier. Then I wake up.

I remember reading an article somewhere that the human brain is constantly reconstructing memories to fill in the missing pieces, so I wouldn't be surprised if something reminds you of a dream and your brain fills in the pieces, but the original dream is a fair bit different than you remember and very little actually relates to that something.

Also: Its 1:30 am so good night.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#11 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

Maybe you died, respawned, and your déjà vu was just your brain telling you NOT to do whatever got you killed again.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#12 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

Maybe you died, respawned, and your déjà vu was just your brain telling you NOT to do whatever got you killed again.

I wish I could support this theory but people claim they normally experience this with the most pointless and ordinary situations.

#13 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

I wish I could support this theory but people claim they normally experience this with the most pointless and ordinary situations.

Maybe they were killed by the salt shaker that they had deja vu about?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#14 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

Once I dreamed about a pub and its keeper and some weeks after that I travelled with my family to another country where I visited the same pub with the same keeper. I don't know how that was possible, the pub couldn't have been projected by images I've already seen...

It's IMPOSSIBLE to dream about someone you haven't seen before, Every face you see in a dream is someone you have seen in real life. Unless you've seen then keeper before, then the person you saw in the dream probably just looked like him, but like you said some weeks have passed, remembering dreams is a hard thing to do.

#15 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

It's IMPOSSIBLE to dream about someone you haven't seen before, Every face you see in a dream is someone you have seen in real life. Unless you've seen then keeper before, then the person you saw in the dream probably just looked like him, but like you said some weeks have passed, remembering dreams is a hard thing to do.

You're right but still I was stunned when this happened. Things like this makes me wonder how well we know our own subconsciousness and our world in general.

#16 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

I have this happen on a regular base now. Weird.

794144.png?13383682

#17 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

Not, it is possible to dream about a place you haven't been or seen before, doesn't mean it will be real, though.  Don't throw around absolutes like that, it can invalidate your argument.

The brain is very good at creating ideas and constructing possibilities with very little information.  It may be easy to reconstruct people you've seen before, but it's pointless, the potential building blocks for each face and body type are already in your head and can easily be assembled to fit whatever you may please in your head. 

Also there's lucid dreaming, so you can dream about any possibility your mind can come up with.

#18 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Not, it is possible to dream about a place you haven't been or seen before, doesn't mean it will be real, though.  Don't throw around absolutes like that, it can invalidate your argument.

The brain is very good at creating ideas and constructing possibilities with very little information.  It may be easy to reconstruct people you've seen before, but it's pointless, the potential building blocks for each face and body type are already in your head and can easily be assembled to fit whatever you may please in your head. 

Also there's lucid dreaming, so you can dream about any possibility your mind can come up with.

Um, i never said places, i said people, by people i mean peoples faces! You can't dream about a brand new person you haven't seen before. Obviously we can dream about places we haven't seen before since we pretty much dream a entirely new place every night. But peoples faces is a entirely different thing. If you don't believe me then google it. I wouldn't lie, i gain nothing from lying.

#19 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Um, i never said places, i said people, by people i mean peoples faces! You can't dream about a brand new person you haven't seen before. Obviously we can dream about places we haven't seen before since we pretty much dream a entirely new place every night. But peoples faces is a entirely different thing. If you don't believe me then google it. I wouldn't lie, i gain nothing from lying.

Except the problem is that you're basing this off Freudian concepts, which aren't the only concepts for understanding the subconscious.  Once you have seen enough people, your mind will build from there.  The mind can easily build off from different parts you have seen to create 'new' faces of it, all the parts are there.  There's no real way to prove that all faces have been seen before, but that speculation really limits how powerful the brain really is

From what I understand most of the time the faces in dreams have no real features unless you are focusing or trying to give them a feature.  But memories are unclear and open to suggestion after the event, people will just assume that a face they haven't seen was in their dream, even if it may not have been; that's why witnesses are the lowest form of evidence in court.

#20 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Should explain the basic science behind Deja Vu.

I've had a dream that I met someone I have never seen before. I saw his face too. It might be some strange i've met before, but I had never actually met that person.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!