BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

Online Multiplayer

Xbox Live- $59.99 per year
PSN- $49.99 per year
Nintendo Network- Free per year :3

Next gen has switched to subscription based online multiplayer, Nintendo still remains free. That can attract more core gamers, despite how lacking their online infrastructure still is.

Just one of the aspects that Nintendo should focus on considering this opportunity.

I like the idea but Xbox One is offering dedicated servers and that could be a problem. Next PSN Plus and Xbox Live offer free games while Network does not. Next at this very time PS3,PS4,Xbox 360 and Xbox One are offering great multiplayer games. While we have Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Smash Bro, this will not be enough.

What nintendo need to do is ask some of their quite unknown developer studios to merge and create AAA games.  

#22 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Oh cool, Nintendo are going to sell another 6 million consoles by spring according to you?
But you say P4 and x1 will sell more than 10 million in 5 months?
Can't wait to see you proven wrong.

$50 is more than 0, simple maths right there.
Their level of service is utter rainbow compared with the PC, if the two wannabe PC's want to play catch up on the PC they should start with not closing their online service and making them as cheap(in the sense that the servers are rainbow, and the services they offer are rainbow, and are being charged for access to) and rainbow as they have been.

I never gave a date by which Nintendo would sell 10 million Mario Karts. Not sure where you got that.

No. I never said Nintendo will sell 6 million Wii U in 6 months. It will take about 3 years for them to hit that. .. if they are lucky.

Also how did you come up with 10 million PS4 in 5 months?

I figure they can easily sell 3-4 million in PS4 in 6 months. Sorry if that was hard for you to understand. Won't take much to pass Nintendo is my point.

And I won't be wrong. Sorry.

But as far as Nintendo. ..I see 20-30 million lifetime sales of wii u if they are lucky. But with that number they will sell plenty of the Mario/Zelda games. This is all they care about.

Edited by Dharmanator, 07 September 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

I never gave a date by which Nintendo would sell 10 million Mario Karts. Not sure where you got that.

No. I never said Nintendo will sell 6 million Wii U in 6 months. It will take about 3 years for them to hit that. .. if they are lucky.

Also how did you come up with 10 million PS4 in 5 months?

I figure they can easily sell 3-4 million in PS4 in 6 months. Sorry if that was hard for you to understand. Won't take much to pass Nintendo is my point.

And I won't be wrong. Sorry.

But as far as Nintendo. ..I see 20-30 million lifetime sales of wii u if they are lucky. But with that number they will sell plenty of the Mario/Zelda games. This is all they care about.

Also Nintendo cannot fight off these next gen systems. They are about to get run over by a freight train. PS4 will be in more homes then Wii U in under 6 months.

But guess what? Nintendo does not care. All they care about is selling enough systems to sell the 1st party games in the millions. They know we will buy them.

They do not care if your Wii U can play GTA or whatever. They want to sell 10 million Mario Karts. End of story. Put a fork in any dreams of strong third party support. That is done.

Buy a PS4/Xbox one of you want the third party stuff. The Wii U is for jumping up and down in overalls.

Oh, I assumed you meant the "freight train" would match wii u sales when mario kart 8 came out, and you gave 10 million units for when mario kart 8 came out.
You just mean over the next 50 years though, okay.
nothing special.

You sure are bad at knowing videogame market trends though.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Oh, I assumed you meant the "freight train" would match wii u sales when mario kart 8 came out, and you gave 10 million units for when mario kart 8 came out.
You just mean over the next 50 years though, okay.
nothing special.

You sure are bad at knowing videogame market trends though.

Mmmm... I knew back in February that the Wii U would get a price cut to fight for its life. Most people argued they would not.

Oppps. I was right.

I know the PS4 Will stomp the Wii U these next 6 months and i will be right about that.

So I am not sure what I am wrong about?

The 10 million units of Mario Kart was just an off the cuff number to show what Nintendo wants from the Wii U. It was not literal. I do believe i apologized for the confusion. But that does not negate my argument that the PS4 Will blow Nintendo out of the water in short order.

But as I tried to explain. Nintendo does not care. They just want to sell their franchises. They do not care if we are happy about 3rd party support.

That is what makes me upset. They are fine with 20-30 million console with high first party attach rates.

Edited by Dharmanator, 07 September 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Mmmm... I knew back in February that the Wii U would get a price cut to fight for its life. Most people argued they would not.

Oppps. I was right.

I know the PS4 Will stomp the Wii U these next 6 months and i will be right about that.

So I am not sure what I am wrong about?

The 10 million units of Mario Kart was just an off the cuff number to show what Nintendo wants from the Wii U. It was not literal. I do believe i apologized for the confusion. But that does not negate my argument that the PS4 Will blow Nintendo out of the water in short order.

But as I tried to explain. Nintendo does not care. They just want to sell their franchises. They do not care if we are happy about 3rd party support.

That is what makes me upset. They are fine with 20-30 million console with high first party attach rates.

Nintendo can afford to cut the price, sony and microsoft will be losing money on their consoles with insane price tags for the next 2 years.
fighting for it's life, it's going to be fun to see the sales numbers for the other two consoles roll in.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Online Multiplayer

PSN- $49.99 per year

Next gen has switched to subscription based online multiplayer, Nintendo still remains free. That can attract more core gamers, despite how lacking their online infrastructure still is.

Just one of the aspects that Nintendo should focus on considering this opportunity.

Online Multiplayer

PSN- $49.99 per year

Plus no crappy online passes, I had to buy one for Borderlands 2 and it was the price I payed for the damn game.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!