Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

I was using Ubisoft as an example. The true reason for the tread was Nintendo being proactive. Build franchises that can compete with FPS, and race car simulation type games. Look right now in the year 2013 Wii U has no sports game coming to the console(major sports), It has 1 FPS(COD ghost correct me if I'm wrong), and no grand theft auto the biggest game launching this year. I don't expect Nintendo platforms to get every game from 3rd parties. But I feel they can make more mature title(no I'm not just talking shooting) that have online multiplayer and grow the audience on their systems so big 3rd parties don't have an excuse. Its like gamers are being punished for like a shooter or something of that nature but also like and wanting a nintendo console.

I'd imagine if Nintendo did that, then third parties would complain about how they can't compete.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#42 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

I'd imagine if Nintendo did that, then third parties would complain about how they can't compete.

That's always possible but at least your core players know you care about "THEM" and bringing content they like. Make no mistake about it there are "MILLIONS" of players out there that would rather buy a Nintendo console only... But they know they not only won't get certain games (shooters, racing sims) but that Nintendo themselves won't bring games of that nature out for the platform. I just hate seeing gamers choose Sony and microsoft console because Nintendo "makes" them because games they like aren't available for Nintendo home consoles.

#43 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

That's always possible but at least your core players know you care about "THEM" and bringing content they like. Make no mistake about it there are "MILLIONS" of players out there that would rather buy a Nintendo console only... But they know they not only won't get certain games (shooters, racing sims) but that Nintendo themselves won't bring games of that nature out for the platform. I just hate seeing gamers choose Sony and microsoft console because Nintendo "makes" them because games they like aren't available for Nintendo home consoles.

Id say around 3 million.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#44 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

Games are not the only part of this equation.

Perception of the hardware also is playing a factor. Sony did a great job of showing how powerful the system was at the initial reveal. Infamous of course stands out. The release window games look great and things will only get better. Deep Down looked so good people thought it was cgi stuff but we now know it was gameplay.

For some reason all the great Watch Dogs footage is given credit as PS4. It is so bad for Wii U most...errr some?of us sit here and wonder how much the Wii U version well lose in graphics/performance.

I for one can't wait to see PS4 in action to see if it really is that good. I think it will be.

My recommendation I have stood by all along is love your Wii U... but get one of the other systems if you feel there is a void you need to fill.

Edited by Dharmanator, 11 September 2013 - 06:20 AM.

#45 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

Deep Down looked so good people thought it was cgi stuff but we now know it was gameplay.

Well its dumbed down compared to the reveal trailer.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#46 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

Well its dumbed down compared to the reveal trailer.

Wait. . The game looks dumb? I guess I am lucky my eyes are old and grizzled. Looked 10 times better then say a zombie U, and I am hoping gameplay is better. It wouldn't take much.

I thought it looked good for a release game. *shrug*

#47 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

Dharmanator, on 11 Sept 2013 - 4:29 PM, said:

Wait. . The game looks dumb? I guess I am lucky my eyes are old and grizzled. Looked 10 times better then say a zombie U, and I am hoping gameplay is better. It wouldn't take much.

I thought it looked good for a release game. *shrug*

nathan-fillion-well-nevermind.gif

Why are you even comparing this with ZombiU?

I don't say it doesn't look great, it looks great! But compared to the reveal trailer, it got dumbed down imo. Nothing wrong with that.

It's funny people are excited about pretty graphics, when gameplay is more important then graphics imo (better graphics are always a plus for me). But it seems it isn't anymore the case for console games these days. Well yeah, have fun playing some good looking generic shooter for example.

Edited by namkotje, 11 September 2013 - 07:00 AM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#48 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Games are not the only part of this equation.

Perception of the hardware also is playing a factor. Sony did a great job of showing how powerful the system was at the initial reveal. Infamous of course stands out. The release window games look great and things will only get better. Deep Down looked so good people thought it was cgi stuff but we now know it was gameplay.

For some reason all the great Watch Dogs footage is given credit as PS4. It is so bad for Wii U most...errr some?of us sit here and wonder how much the Wii U version well lose in graphics/performance.

I for one can't wait to see PS4 in action to see if it really is that good. I think it will be.

My recommendation I have stood by all along is love your Wii U... but get one of the other systems if you feel there is a void you need to fill.

That is certainly some great perception. Sony's always excelled with decieving perceptions, and then under delivering.

Id rather that not be something nintendo tries to emulate.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#49 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

have fun playing some good looking generic shooter for example.

Titanfall imo.

#50 The Halbird

The Halbird

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Ace Combat,

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

I'm personally satisfied with my wii U library, but the fact that some games are being canceled is a bit concerning to me. However, That does not mean I'm going to give up on the wii U, and I can not afford a PS4 at the moment. It would take at least three years before I'd feel comfortable investing in a new game console, with the exceptions of those I've owned in the past and want or need to replace, and even then it's going to depend an factors such as game selection, economy, system durability, system convenience, ect.

#51 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

That is certainly some great perception. Sony's always excelled with decieving perceptions, and then under delivering.

Id rather that not be something nintendo tries to emulate.

SONY did the same thing too the Dreamcast. Most people just waited like a year for the PS2 at that time due to the perception the PS2 was sooooo much better.

I for one had a Dreamcast on 9/9/1999. I loved it. Oh... and I did get s PS2 also a year later 8).

Edited by Dharmanator, 11 September 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#52 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD — This is confirmed for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC

Valiant Hearts: The Great War — Coming to PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC

These are the two games and no reason was given.

Neither of those games are interesting to me... One is just a port and the other is some side-scroller...

Edited by EvilMoogle, 11 September 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#53 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

SONY did the same thing too the Dreamcast. Most people just waited like a year for the PS2 at that time due to the perception the PS2 was sooooo much better.
I for one had a Dreamcast on 9/9/1999. I loved it. Oh... and I did get s PS2 also a year later 8).

I remember that.

'Reality synthesizrrrrr!!!!!' 'Emotion engiiinnneee!!!!'

'TOY STORY GRAFIIIIXXXX!!!!!!'

XD

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#54 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

nathan-fillion-well-nevermind.gif

Why are you even comparing this with ZombiU?

I don't say it doesn't look great, it looks great! But compared to the reveal trailer, it got dumbed down imo. Nothing wrong with that.

It's funny people are excited about pretty graphics, when gameplay is more important then graphics imo (better graphics are always a plus for me). But it seems it isn't anymore the case for console games these days. Well yeah, have fun playing some good looking generic shooter for example.

The comparison was a bit shallow being different developers and all. Hell, the Deep Down engine is optimized for the PS4... but was does that tell you? There was effort there for some reason. ..

The point was first generation games and the potential shown in those first games.

As far as gameplay I think I did mention I wanted good game play. Zombie was ok. .. but no award winner (gamepad use was good though).

So I want good graphics and gameplay. Sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!