Photo

Bayonetta 2, is it an on rails shooter or open world play?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

It looks great from what I've seen, but it does look like an on rails shooter which would be a great shame. Does anyone know the answer?

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

um, how can it be a on-rail shooter? You're on the ground fighting baddies with swords and special abilities around you... it's an action hack n slash game.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

It looks great from what I've seen, but it does look like an on rails shooter which would be a great shame. Does anyone know the answer?

It's a hack n slash.

Out of curiosity, what footage did you see that caused you to believe it was an on rails shooter?

Edited by Mocha Bear, 12 September 2013 - 07:36 AM.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#4 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

I saw the e3 trailer. It looked insane and theres a lot of programmed movement in the environments which made me think it was on rails. I hope im wrong, is there anything to say it's not?

#5 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

Because it's Bayonetta. Have you even played the first game?! It's a bad-ass Devil May Cry with more Kamiya (Who made the first DMC by the way). 

Edited by Mournblade, 12 September 2013 - 08:38 AM.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Ah, you just saw it huh? Quite the difference between the crapped out ps360 ports isnt it?

Id imagine it would be hard to believe if all you saw prior was the port poop.

That level is a bayonetta vehicle level. Look up the bayonetta clock tower level, or highway 666 to see what platinum could do with ps360, at half the fps.... And a free camera as opposed to fixed camera (camera ai rotates based on bayonetta and enemies position, instead of staying still to ensure performance)

The game is neither on rails nor open world. Its a beat em up/hack in slash like dmc, or god of war.

Now do yourself another favor and look up monolithsofts 'X' E3 teaser.

THAT one, IS open world. Completely seamless open world. And its just the beta.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

i think hes talking about a preset storyline without to much freedom on where you can go, just 1 set path.  

but still dont know y he didnt call it a fighter or hack in slash.

#8 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

Ah, you just saw it huh? Quite the difference between the crapped out ps360 ports isnt it?

Id imagine it would be hard to believe if all you saw prior was the port poop.

That level is a bayonetta vehicle level. Look up the bayonetta clock tower level, or highway 666 to see what platinum could do with ps360, at half the fps.... And a free camera as opposed to fixed camera (camera ai rotates based on bayonetta and enemies position, instead of staying still to ensure performance)

The game is neither on rails nor open world. Its a beat em up/hack in slash like dmc, or god of war.

Now do yourself another favor and look up monolithsofts 'X' E3 teaser.

THAT one, IS open world. Completely seamless open world. And its just the beta.

Holy smokes, when you actually watch Bayonetta 1 vs Bayonetta 2, its a very noticeable jump.  I understand that Platinum would have likely been able to make Bayonetta 2 look better than Bayonetta 1 even on the 360 due to game engine improvements, but not the type of jump we are seeing on Wii U.  Platinum is pushing the Wii U.  When you look at the whole package, not just the improved graphics, but the improved framerate and likely native resolution, its a very large bump from what they were able to do with current gen hardware.   

#9 dotcom

dotcom

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

[yt]ruvU7XtEH1g[/yt]

Here's a little footage of me playing the demo at PAX'13 two weeks ago,
The gameplay is impressive! Platinum Studios has definitely gained a fan,

...Sorry To Keep You Waiting

#10 3Dude

3Dude