Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

The Latin Times managed to get their hands on some new footage of GTA V (so Rockstar, you know who to sic your lawyers on with this one) and it showcases more than 22 minutes of in-game action. Gamers get to see the beginning parts of GTA V and how it all unfolds leading up to the main story arc, as well as how well the Xbox 360 runs the game and some of it isn't pretty.

The video is really intense and it starts with a bang. The opening gameplay is like... wow. Now usually we have videos at the top of articles where the video is the main entrée. However, given that Take Two will likely put a copyright claim on the content, the video is below.

Also, the video isn't at the top so I can warn you that there are some really, really, really... small *Spoilers*. So if you don't want GTA V ruined then don't watch. Seriously. If you want to see a truncated version of the video because you may not have time to watch all 22 minutes, check out Playborder.net.

http://www.cinemable...s-59092.html---

TLDR: There might be  a next gen version in the works and they've been using smoke and mirrors with this one

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

It looks like rainbow graphically because the video has a Wiied aspect ratio.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

It's still too good to be true on the current generation. Everyone who is complaining should be thankful that they current console got supported (except Wii U owners). Some people even cancelled their preorders after looking at some recent leaks showing some physics they weren't satisfied with. How stupid is that?

Edited by TriplePower, 14 September 2013 - 09:36 PM.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#4 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

I don't think the Graphical improvement is that much greater than IV from what I've seen. I have no doubt a Next Gen version and PC will follow
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#5 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

well ive read somewhere online in a interview with rockstar that ALL the footage so far has been 360 footage and it looks GREAT to me

#6 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

Edited by Stromdeath, 15 September 2013 - 04:42 AM.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

I have seen the pictures on a different site. Looks 10times better then the ones on that site.

So I don't believe a word they say.

From what I saw before is the game looks great and is a big update from Gta 4.

But to each there own.

I have it preordered and will get it @ midnight.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

I watched the video. It had a lot of pop-in during cut scenes and during the driving segment the game glitched and he went through the ground. I was watching the video on 240p so I didn't see anything else wrong.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#9 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

Spoiler may be in it.

But one of many it looks greart to me.

And just to compare

Gta 4

xile06 "N" ID

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

http://www.dailymoti...ePopoutButton=1

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

They found codding in the 360 version for the PS4 and PC. Dunno why that's in there.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

It's still too good to be true on the current generation. Everyone who is complaining should be thankful that they current console got supported (except Wii U owners). Some people even cancelled their preorders after looking at some recent leaks showing some physics they weren't satisfied with. How stupid is that?

its in development for 5 years, there didnt have time to move it to any other platform except maiby PC, other versions could probly brut force there way to being on par, but rockstar also likly knows that other versions probly wont be profitable. 

as for how the game looks, great for a 360/PS3 game, but still alot of issues compared to equivilants on everything else.

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

They found codding in the 360 version for the PS4 and PC. Dunno why that's in there.

I read that and I believe that it  was just a test. 

Gta v may cone to next gen but I wouldnt thunk it would he out for at lest another yr.

xile06 "N" ID

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

It was a config file for parameters for the game to run on each system.
Could easily be fake, reddit and 4chan as it were. I doubt it is though.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

hurry up midnight...i WANT this game :)

#16 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

It was a config file for parameters for the game to run on each system.
Could easily be fake, reddit and 4chan as it were. I doubt it is though.

But files like this one are found in other titles as well, it's because the game was probably developed on a PC. Some console games have parameters like this one and have never been released on a PC.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#17 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

Console limitations compared to what the Star Trek holodeck ?

Maybe people want to buy a new console every year, or better still have a console with specs like, Intel i7-4960X 3.2 GHz,  32GB RAM, 3 X Nvidia GTX Titans in SLi, 1TB SSD, maybe even have it liquid cooled.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

Console limitations compared to what the Star Trek holodeck ?

Maybe people want to buy a new console every year, or better still have a console with specs like, Intel i7-4960X 3.2 GHz,  32GB RAM, 3 X Nvidia GTX Titans in SLi, 1TB SSD, maybe even have it liquid cooled.

Consoles are for people who want to relax in front of a tv on their couch.
That's their job, they don't have to be as powerful as a PC. It's a trade-off.
I wish third parties, sony and ms would accept that.

Yes you can do that with a PC, but you lose >1080p, eyefinity, etc. and the keyboard/mouse control scheme if you're doing it right.

But files like this one are found in other titles as well, it's because the game was probably developed on a PC. Some console games have parameters like this one and have never been released on a PC.

why the but?
Are you dismissing the "PC ignores" whatever in it?
Probably, but historically gta games get released on pc, and the trend lately is them launching it on pc a few months later.
The only rockstar game not on pc is gta:horses.
gta:40'spolice came out for pc.

The stuff most people are looking at with this is the ORBIS part, which some people say is the OS name for the PS4, and was rumoured to be the codename for the console.
The PC part isn't really even newsworthy.

Edited by Nollog, 16 September 2013 - 06:18 AM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Somethings not right. It bothered me the first time i saw it. But now ive seen very inconsistant videos.

Even for 360, that much pop in and streaming issues in general is ridiculous. Especially in a R* game. Somethings wrong... a glitch or small mistake or something.

This will likely be patched in the immediate future.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

At least on the PlayStation 3 version I tried, though the price for all this beauty is paid in framerate dips, messy anti-aliasing, ridiculous texture pop-in, and a reduction from the box's advertised "720p" resolution. A new version of the game on next-gen consoles or the PC would no doubt fix these issues and really set mouths drooling. As it is, Rockstar should be commended for duct-taping this mix of details and sacrifices while keeping the framerate tolerable and the glitch count to a minimum.

http://arstechnica.c.../2013/09/gta-v/

Pfff, where is the PC version... :(

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!