• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

I preordered the disk. Wind Waker was really awesome at showing what the gamecube was capable of, and the fact that it can still look modern is a testament to it's art style.

Its not just the art style. Windwaker was one of the most technically advanced games of its generation. AND it had an art style from a team simply beyond what other studios had.

Windwaker featured:

Tesselation The gamecube actually had a hardware tesselator. Yes. The game cube. So did the wii, and so does the 3ds and wii u. WW was one of if not the only cube game to use it. WW used it for the interaction animation between the boat and the sea, and sails.

Advanced per pixel shading (with, somehow, almost obsolete fixed function pipelines). There is a reason its called cell shading. Flippers fixed function shader routine was utilized fantastically. So well did the technology and art style mix, that some people are actually put off by wwhd's switch to a modern deferred lighting engine.

Open world streaming and (then) advanced lod.

Environment mapped bump mapping. Used primarily for heat distortion effects.

Advanced physics. Ww had a fantastic and detailed physics animation engine. It even reacted to wind, cloth physics reacted aproppriately to (most, there is some approximation at work) surfaces, such as the streamers on the spears dragging, laying appropriately on the ground. And had the classic physics weight puzzles looooong before half life ii.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'll be waiting for the physical copy. Have fun to everyone playing!

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#23 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

I have preorderd the physical edition from game, so i still need to wait a few more days. This is going to be my first zelda and I hope it puts me into zelda.

I am so excited for you! I love Zelda games so much i named my son Link. Coincidentally he's blonde and left handed.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#24 HipsAndNips

HipsAndNips

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    Butts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

I canceled my pre order cause of impatiatence and downloaded it yesterday, and I'm already fighitng the Helmaroc King. Hero Mode is tough.

He who shaves his beard for a woman deserves neither. 

#25 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

I am so excited for you! I love Zelda games so much i named my son Link. Coincidentally he's blonde and left handed.

I actually can't wait! I'm getting the figure thing of someone with it! :D and you son is so lucky, my name is bland and boring. :(

#26 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

I am debating on buying the digital copy and keeping my LE sealed (I am a huge Zelda fan). I need an external hard drive already!

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#27 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Its not just the art style. Windwaker was one of the most technically advanced games of its generation. AND it had an art style from a team simply beyond what other studios had.

Windwaker featured:

Tesselation The gamecube actually had a hardware tesselator. Yes. The game cube. So did the wii, and so does the 3ds and wii u. WW was one of if not the only cube game to use it. WW used it for the interaction animation between the boat and the sea, and sails.

Advanced per pixel shading (with, somehow, almost obsolete fixed function pipelines). There is a reason its called cell shading. Flippers fixed function shader routine was utilized fantastically. So well did the technology and art style mix, that some people are actually put off by wwhd's switch to a modern deferred lighting engine.

Open world streaming and (then) advanced lod.

Environment mapped bump mapping. Used primarily for heat distortion effects.

Advanced physics. Ww had a fantastic and detailed physics animation engine. It even reacted to wind, cloth physics reacted aproppriately to (most, there is some approximation at work) surfaces, such as the streamers on the spears dragging, laying appropriately on the ground. And had the classic physics weight puzzles looooong before half life ii.

Dude. You forgot the most important feature.

The Tingle Tuner.

The gba precursor to the Gamepad!

Edited by Dharmanator, 22 September 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#28 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

I actually can't wait! I'm getting the figure thing of someone with it! :D and you son is so lucky, my name is bland and boring. :(

I quite agree.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#29 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

I have preorderd the physical edition from game, so i still need to wait a few more days. This is going to be my first zelda and I hope it puts me into zelda.

Your first?? Awesome!! I hope you like it and decide to try some of the other games.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#30 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

I'm...seriously thinking about getting the download version. I have the physical version paid off at Gamestop, but not only is the download version $10 cheaper, but I already have $13 in the eshop so it's at least twenty bucks cheaper than getting the physical version.

The figurine looks awesome, but the option of playing Wind Waker without the worry of wearing down my disc drive really has me interested. So I'll possibly be playing the game sooner than October 4th.

EDIT: With two $20 prepaid eshop cards, I'm now downloading Wind Waker HD. Just 19 more minutes to go!

Edited by SDDMN, 23 September 2013 - 07:06 AM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Whelp. Miiverse done did it. The miiverse integration and channel sold me on it.

Downloading now. Says 15 minutos.

Installing now. That was a fast 15 minutes. Like less than 10 fast

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

to the folks who have never played it before: you are going through the same things i did 10 yrs ago. "How could i like a game like this?" i played some parts for my wife and became instantly hooked. this became my favorite game ever, i never bought another playstation or any other brand console, and have since collected all Zelda titles in some form or fashion and beaten them all. some a few times including Windwaker. I  have a few tattoos due to this game as well. Long story short, this is a fantastic adventure that will suck you in. You will be emotionally involved and not disappointed imo. All this for a game in which characters don't even talk!

And to answer the question: oct 4 it's on

Save the Deku trees!

#33 Ramon3MR

Ramon3MR

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

For this game, I prefer the disc version, but I'm pumped up to be playing it in HD...the screenshots and gameplay footage looks amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!