Photo

Mighty No.9 has reached all their stretch goals (More on the way.)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

http://www.kickstart...no9/mighty-no-9

https://s3.amazonaws....jpg?1380672794

So Capcom, nobody is asking for Mega Man huh?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

http://www.kickstart...no9/mighty-no-9

https://s3.amazonaws....jpg?1380672794

So Capcom, nobody is asking for Mega Man huh?

Very excited for this game.

Even the test footage looked great and it will be nothing like the final art style (which will look like  a high end anime).

I cannot help thinking Capcom is beating themselves up over this.

They had no more ideas, because they were overthinking it. Trying to completely change the thing.

While I think a true 3D Mega Man (ie: Zelda: WW or Skyward Sword) would be a hit, the tried and true is still what people want.

Cannot wait for the Wii U version.

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Very excited for this game.

Even the test footage looked great and it will be nothing like the final art style (which will look like a high end anime).

I cannot help thinking Capcom is beating themselves up over this.
They had no more ideas, because they were overthinking it. Trying to completely change the thing.

While I think a true 3D Mega Man (ie: Zelda: WW or Skyward Sword) would be a hit, the tried and true is still what people want.

Cannot wait for the Wii U version.

They did 3D Megamans, but they canceled the third one which was the start of the "We have no idea what to do with Megaman so let's cancel everything" thought Capcom has now.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 02 October 2013 - 01:57 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

They did 3D Megamans, but they canceled the third one which was the start of the "We have no idea what to do with Megaman so let's cancel everything" thought Capcom has now.

While Legends was 3D, it was hardly a true 3D MegaMan.

And the last concepts/test footage of a 3D Megaman looked like Tron done wrong. LOL

So glad for No.9.

I loved Mega Man games and really wish No. 9 would become an official MegaMan game with the blessing of Capcom, but at least we get this. And it may start a whole new era.

#5 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

While Legends was 3D, it was hardly a true 3D MegaMan.

And the last concepts/test footage of a 3D Megaman looked like Tron done wrong. LOL

So glad for No.9.

I loved Mega Man games and really wish No. 9 would become an official MegaMan game with the blessing of Capcom, but at least we get this. And it may start a whole new era.

How exactly was Legends hardly 3D, and what didn't you like about Legends 3? I'm excited for No. 9 as well, but I wouldn't want it to be a new Megaman game now. Inafune has a chance to do something completely new, and I wouldn't want that changed at all.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#6 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

How exactly was Legends hardly 3D, and what didn't you like about Legends 3? I'm excited for No. 9 as well, but I wouldn't want it to be a new Megaman game now. Inafune has a chance to do something completely new, and I wouldn't want that changed at all.

It was fully 3D, but it wasn't true to the core MegaMan experience.  Like a completely different game. 

Compare that to taking Mario Brother into Super Mario 64. that's going 3D, but staying faithful to the essence of the game.

And Number 9 is essentially Megaman. I have heard nothing truly new (of course, there WILL be new elements, characters, etc.) about it. Just Megaman style gameplay and qualities - which is exactly why so many backed it.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 02 October 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#7 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

As glad as I am I kinda wish more attention was given to the Shantae:Half-Genie Hero kickstarter. It kind of got overshadowed by Mighty.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

It was fully 3D, but it wasn't true to the core MegaMan experience. Like a completely different game.

Compare that to taking Mario Brother into Super Mario 64. that's going 3D, but staying faithful to the essence of the game.

And Number 9 is essentially Megaman. I have heard nothing truly new (of course, there WILL be new elements, characters, etc.) about it. Just Megaman style gameplay and qualities - which is exactly why so many backed it.

Fair enough. I never got a chance to play Legends, so I was a bit confused on what you ment. Mighty No. 9 is pretty much Megaman, but he can transform into other objects as well as take powers from enemies. That's the only difference so far, but it would be hard to make a reason as to why Megaman can suddenly do that. I can't wait for this game regardless, along with Shantae and A Hat in Time.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 02 October 2013 - 05:02 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#9 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

Fair enough. I never got a chance to play Legends, so I was a bit confused on what you ment. Mighty No. 9 is pretty much Megaman, but he can transform into other objects as well as take powers from enemies. That's the only difference so far, but it would be hard to make a reason as to why Megaman can suddenly do that. I can't wait for this game regardless, along with Shantae and A Hat in Time.

ok. if you havent played legends, you'd think it was a proper megaman game. buyt it's not really.

and megaman takes powers from enemies too. hadnt heard of transformations though. that sounds prettty neat.

#10 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

I never really played any Mega Man game and bec- I mean backed this one. Why? Because I was so surprised at the reactions of people and how quick it was to fund the first 900k$. I was left speechless how awesome people can be toward a cause. When the WiiU stretch goal was met, that is where I backed the game.

I personally can't wait how it'll unfold!

P.S Team Call F, Team Call F!!

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#11 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

I can't wait. I love Megaman games (well, classic Megaman and X platformers). I'll personally be picking this game up on my Vita. :D

#12 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

To be honest, I wasn't interested in No 9 that much.  Don't get me wrong, I like megaman and No 9 looked great, it might have just been that Shantae looked better (and that I funded a little more than I needed to on Shantae).

If No 9 has a paypal thing going on, I might see if I can possibly pledge to that when I have the money.

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Mournblade, ze delete master

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Mournblade, ze delete master

I don't remove content, I hide it for later if discussion needs to be brought up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!