Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

4Gamer: I see. My impression is that there is a good balance between feeling of the original and a fresh feeling at the same time.

Aonuma: Yes. I thought it would be a waste to for this to simply be a test of the hardware. After that, I was told by staff, that this would not take too much time to develop. It takes a long time to develop a brand new game, so I thought it would be a shame to not have a Zelda game on the Wii U for a while. So I felt like it would be best to deliver something that can be done quickly and began work on the HD version.

4Gamer: Ah I see.

Aonuma: With the original release of Wind Waker, the first half of the game was well received, the later portion on the other hand, needed to be re-evaluated. That was my first time in control of the direction of the game and designing a game from scratch, there were some portions that I wanted to expand upon. If a remake were to happen, I believed I could work on some of those portions.

4Gamer: Does that mean the development time was not so long?

Aonuma: It took about 6 months. Development was still difficult. You had to consider the difference in hardware at the time. Additionally there is a technique known as toon shading, which gives the game a very animated look. At that time, the technique was established, but had not be used before by our staff, everyone had to do everything by hand.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=691769

Iwata: Please understand that we sometimes release cashins for the Nintendrones to eat up. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Still a horsing cool game.
No sig.

#3 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Is this good or bad?  What is the significance?  Does it explain the unnecessary frame rate issues?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Is this good or bad?  What is the significance?  Does it explain the unnecessary frame rate issues?

It's bad if it took six months. It was rushed out due to the poor sales. Frame rate drops at random. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Zinix, on 06 Oct 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:
It's bad if it took six months. It was rushed out due to the poor sales. Frame rate drops at random.

They literally said they were only releasing it because they were tired of you nice persons complaining that there's no zeldo game and could give you this as a stop-over while working on the new zeldo game.

Edited by Nollog, 05 October 2013 - 03:29 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

i havent noticed anything that bad about it and it looks great. im surpised by this

2lvmghw.png

#7 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Lol. Doesn't surprise me at all. I never considered this cash-in a remake anyway. I always thought it was merely re-released to get some more sales on the Wii U by people who feed off nostalgia and those who were unfortunate to have not played this game 100 years ago.

#8 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

POPULAR

I don't see what the big deal is. I love it. Doing a second playthrough already. I rarely get framerate drops.

Edited by Toon Link, 05 October 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#9 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Still better than GTA V.

#10 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I'm glad they released Wind Waker in HD. I'm really enjoying the fresh experience from it.

Posted Image

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

I did notice the framerate dropping while passing battleships that were firing on me, but it was also night and stormy so that might've had an effect.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Wah wah it didn't take long to develop

Wah wah it's quality is better than the original

794144.png?13383682

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Nah.

The original doesn't dip below 30 fps. 

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Maybe there will be an update eventually?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

not suprised really, shooting ships with bombs? lets lag! sees a few explosions? lagging sounds like a great idea! gohma jumps out of lava and amkes a few particles? THATS RIGHT! lets lag! eh, it was very noticable, but it didnt happen a lot for me to care that much, it still looked very pretty, until I got used to it and thought i was playing the gamecube version again xD

wa3Nq7j.png

#16 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

They literally said they were only releasing it because they were tired of you nice persons complaining that there's no zeldo game and could give you this as a stop-over while working on the new zeldo game.

Do you deliberately type things wrongly just to be annoying?

#17 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

Regardless of the so called frame rate issues which I haven't come across yet its still far better then the original overall and certainly not a cash in my opinion. Considering how many HD remakes there have been in recent times on various consoles by that logic they would all be cash ins. At the end of the day there are many people who have never played these games and some who have who would love to play them again with graphical and other improvements on their new consoles. There is nothing wrong in that.

#18 flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

I can't play Mario all stars because they updated the sound and graphics for the SNES, so I'm a bit of a purist.
But even I think Wind Waker LIVES on the Wii U in HD.
If it came out as a new game today I wouldn't bat an eyelid, the MiiVerse integration and the camera feel like they wre built for the Gamepad.
It feels right and natural and at home on Wii U.

#19 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

i don't see why people are surprised it took only six months it is essentially a port, the issue i have is that Nintendo are charging full price for it, in fact it costs more then W101 for example, costs more than any other WiiU games atm.

i have played ZWW on the GC i might get this when it gets to the £18-20 mark.

#20 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

Nah.

The original doesn't dip below 30 fps. 

:laugh:

You havent played the original then.  The Wind Waker HD is definately no worse than the original in the performance department, but it should have been 100% rock steady at 30fps with no slowdown, thats my only gripe with the game.  Every piece of slowdown in WW HD is carried over from the original, I have a feeling it has more to do with the game engine bottle necking.  Either way, its minor blemish on a fantastic game.  The game isnt over priced, you see that on ebay the original for Gamecube still sells for $30+ used.     

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!