Famitsu: 36/40
IGN: 5.6/10
Polygon: 4/10 (3DS) 6/10 (Wii U)
EDGE: 4/10
Joystiq: 2.5/5
Eurogamer: 4/10
The Sixth Axis: 7/10 
Nintendo Life: 7/10 (Wii U) 5/10 (3DS)
Game Reactor Spain: 8/10 (Wii U) 5/10 (3DS)
Games Radar: 4/5
Gamespot: 5/10
Gametrailers: 7.6/10
Gamekult (fr) - 5/10
VideoGaamer - 5/10

Game Informer - 5/10
Jeuxvideo.com: 15/20
CVG: 7/10

Yay it's mediocre for the most part!

Sort of expected this since people online who got the game early yesterday seemed negative about it,

bitsockets preview about it was negative and watching gameplay the game seemed sorta bad so I understand these review scores and I'm not surprised tbh.

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 18 October 2013 - 01:02 AM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

Ouch and wow. Either way I am getting the game because I love sonic and it looks fun to me.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

Some people gave it a 9/10, some people gave it a 4/10, when something like this happens, it's normally best to leave the decision making up to yourself if you want the game or not.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

Nintendo Official Magazine gave the Wii U version 80%: http://www.officialn...-review-review/

And the 3DS version 79%: http://www.officialn...-review-review/

The Wii U version review is particularly good and written very well.

I do not trust the mediocre reviews - IGN's in particular. And Miiverse has responded fairly well to the game. Sonic Generations on the 3DS got mediocre reviews, and I adore that game. Slowing Sonic down was always going to split opinions and to bring up IGN's review, they seem to have completely ignored/"forgotten" about the glorious preview they gave the game, as all positive points in that were not mentioned or were the focus of the hate in the review.

I am however now cautiously optimistic.

Edited by Happy Monk, 18 October 2013 - 03:38 AM.

Bring the noise.

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

It looked soo great from the trailers, it's kinda strange how there're such mixed reactions to it.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

Guess i'll wait for this to hit the bargain bins then, very disappointing as i was looking forward to this but i just haven't got the money to throw at a potentially mediocre game especially with Mario coming out and i've yet to get Wind Waker.

#7 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

Some people gave it a 9/10, some people gave it a 4/10, when something like this happens, it's normally best to leave the decision making up to yourself if you want the game or not.

It's always best to leave the decision making up to yourself, regardless of reviews.

#8 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

It's always best to leave the decision making up to yourself, regardless of reviews.

If a game only got around 2/10 from EVERY reviewer, I won't buy the game, sometimes I do leave the decision making up to the reviewers.

#9 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

It looked soo great from the trailers, it's kinda strange how there're such mixed reactions to it.

Eurogamer had this to say in their review

excerpt from the eurogamer review -

You could cut a heck of a trailer from Sonic Lost World. Slice its levels up into two-to-five-second snippets and you'd find dozens of moments of visual magic. OPEN ON: Sonic arcing around a loop at full tilt. CUT TO: Sonic skipping past enemies, spinning and somersaulting over mechanical ladybugs before punting them into the ether. CUT TO: Sonic skidding across grind rails out of the screen, sprinting across walls, pinging between bumpers like a spiky pinball, leaping and bouncing as the world rotates around him. CGI close-up, witty one-liner, title splash, done!

In fact, the game's highlights look so terrific that the frustration of playing the damn thing is even more acute.
 The trouble with each and every one of those moments is that they're spread very thinly - fleeting, fizzy bursts of joy found in levels more bloated and inconsistent than a Gore Verbinski film.

Worse still, the best bits often come when control is taken away from you, either partially or entirely: the moments when a boost pad prompts a brief cutaway as Sonic pulls off a spectacular move, or when you're merely called upon to press the jump button a few times as the 'hog hops across several enemies to clear large gaps, or accelerates down a ramp as you let go of the analogue stick and simply let momentum take its course. Sonic Lost World is at its best when player involvement is at a minimum.

Of course I haven't played this yet so I can't say much but from reading reviews and and seeing scores I am very cautious now

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 18 October 2013 - 04:55 AM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

hmm... I really wish game reviews werent so worthless. Ill put the game mechanics through their paces with the demo, and if they are solid and consistant, ill just chalk it up to another case of reviewers being worthless incompetents.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

Some reviews are complaining about the lack of lives- I say suck it up and learn to not die constantly.

I'm enjoying this game, I've only been playing for about an hour but it is fun. If I could say anything so far it's that I am a little underwhelmed, it doesn't seem to be as exciting as I thought it would be from the trailers. But it is by no means a bad game that deserves 4/10.

#12 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

From what I've read, the game can be fun and great, but controls and overall feel can be crap. I'll wait for the demo.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#13 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Just checked out the IGN review...

The main villains serve up some of the most boring battles in the series’ history, while spouting winners like “I’ve been dreaming of pounding your sorry blue butt!”

AHAHAHAHAHA 

sorry

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#14 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

I know the game is 60 fps, is it native 1080p too?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#15 Bx don

Bx don

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

I don't care about what reviews say. I play the game and form my own opinion if I think the game is good or not.
572355.png

#16 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

When's the demo up?

Does sound rubbish to be fair but I'd like to check for myself really.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#17 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

I'll wait for the demo.

If there is one.

#18 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

I'd be giving my own opinion about the controls if Sega let us US fans have the demo to try out. I watched a stream last night of someone playing the game, and he thought it was fun, I never heard him complain about the controls once.

Edited by SDDMN, 18 October 2013 - 07:42 AM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#19 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

Wow, can't tell you how disappointed I am with the final review scores after the success of Sonic Colors, Generatiions, and the positive impressions the game had earlier.

Very disappointed indeed.

lhJPqh33qcw12awAgMTfpxh57y0.jpg

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#20 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Guess i'll just rent it and try it myself instead, but hear one of these reviews:

"The entire ring system is broken in a 3D world. The player is still allowed one hit, but it’s maddening to collect over 300 rings in one stage, only to lose them all at the end, and only be able to re-collect a handful of them due to the 3D gameplay. Sonic Lost World also uses an archaic ‘four lives and it's game over’ system, regardless of where you are in a stage. If you just finished the previous level with zero lives remaining, you could get to the very end of the next stage only to die once and be pushed back to the beginning."

The funny part is these cons are the same cons that a NSMB should get. And the lose your rings has been there since the dawn of sonic, seriously, these reviewers just want to get back to GTA online and Pokemon.

794144.png?13383682

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!