Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

http://www.nintendo....soft/index.html

Wii U: 3.91 million units of hardware worldwide currently with 19.71 million units in software

3ds: 34.98 million units of hardware currently with 122.42 in software

Not looking good for wii u :/

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

Q2? Shouldn't the numbers be coming soon for Q3?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

If this is just Q2 than the Wii U is showing improvement. That is nearly double the lifetime sales in one Quarter.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

First 30 Months of Consoles Life - Attach Rate
Xbox - 6.8
PS2 - 6.5
Dreamcast - 6.4
GC - 6.3
PS - 5.2 (6.9 in Nov. 1999)[10]
N64 - 4.6

10 months
Wii U : 5.04

That's a good attach rate for people constantly being little crybabies about there being no games.

Also, before someone regurgitates that all Japanese sales charts don't include downloads and bundled, from their report:
*Software units include the quantity bundled with hardware.
*Software units include the downloadable versions.
Only Media.Create don't count downloads, we don't have any idea about the others.

Edited by Nollog, 30 October 2013 - 02:50 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:53 AM

Um, Q2? Wouldn't that mean the end of June? Kinda missing july, august, September and October sales.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

Um, Q2? Wouldn't that mean the end of June? Kinda missing july, august, September and October sales.

Q4 ends March 31
April, May, June = Q1
July, August, September = Q2
October, November, December = Q3
January, February, March = Q4

The data says ( As of September 30, 2013 ), which is the end of Q2.

Edited by Nollog, 30 October 2013 - 02:59 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

Those numbers aren`t as bad as the last quarter (for Wii U), but they are still very bad.
Wii U has to sell more than 8 million until March to reach the 9M goal for the FY. At around half a million units so far, it really needs something really big and fast to do that.

3DS pulled around 134/4M for it`s first fiscal year, but it sold a LOT better than Wii U is selling.

I think it`s time Nintendo revised it`s approach towards the Wii U brand.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

Those numbers aren`t as bad as the last quarter (for Wii U), but they are still very bad.
Wii U has to sell more than 8 million until March to reach the 9M goal for the FY. At around half a million units so far, it really needs something really big and fast to do that.

3DS pulled around 134/4M for it`s first fiscal year, but it sold a LOT better than Wii U is selling.

I think it`s time Nintendo revised it`s approach towards the Wii U brand.

Hopefully Iwata realises he can't just bank on mario every time.
Make something new, take a risk, talk to gamers and third party publishers.
They're going to have to spend money to make money here.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

WiiU is going to have a its own corner of the market with a collection of its own games that owners will love.

However this has clearly failed as a console for the masses.
Nintendo should if embraced online gaming when they had the chance.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#10 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

http://m.ign.com/art...0-in-six-months

3.91 million total? That is not good.

W101, Pikmin, and Wind Waker did very little.

I am interested in what Mario does. I doubt alot because the timing with the new consoles is horrible.

I am actually saddened ny this. Did I want my prediction of the PS4 passing unit sales by March happen? No.

I expected more from Nintendo for some reason. But they lost the marketing battle before the system was released.

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

I am interested in what Mario does. I doubt alot because the timing with the new consoles is horrible.

I am actually saddened ny this. Did I want my prediction of the PS4 passing unit sales by March happen? No.

I expected more from Nintendo for some reason. But they lost the marketing battle before the system was released.

http://thewiiu.com/t...report-q2-2013/

and isn't over until the fat plumber sings

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#12 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

Its still the best selling next gen system thus far. :P  Its bad, there is no denying that, but I think the only thing to really say is enjoy your Wii U.  There are tons of good games out on Wii U right now with tons of good games coming next year.  Does the fact that only 3.91 million people own a Wii U make it any less enjoyable for you than if 10 million people owned one?  Of course not.  The support this year is still good from third parties, and Nintendo has some solid first party releases.  Im not saying that the Wii U is only going to sell Dreamcast numbers, but even if it did, there are plenty of people who think the Dreamcast is one of the greatest consoles ever made.  Hardware sales wont change the fact that Wii U will have some of the best games of this generation on it.    

#13 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

why don't they have frequent articles about how poorly the Vita is selling?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#14 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Its still the best selling next gen system thus far. :P  Its bad, there is no denying that, but I think the only thing to really say is enjoy your Wii U.  Does the fact that only 3.91 million people own a Wii U make it any less enjoyable for you than if 10 million people owned one? 

It will be less enjoyable because it will mean less 3rd party support in the future. But looking at the vgchartz site, it seems it's picking up in sales the last month, going from around 20k units a week when it was worst to around 50-60k units recently. We'll see what happens.

why don't they have frequent articles about how poorly the Vita is selling?

Because much more people care about Nintendo.

#15 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

I'm just going to guess that as many or more people care about Sony

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#16 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

It will be less enjoyable because it will mean less 3rd party support in the future. But looking at the vgchartz site, it seems it's picking up in sales the last month, going from around 20k units a week when it was worst to around 50-60k units recently. We'll see what happens.

Third party support will have more to do with how the third party software is selling than the hardware.  If Assassins Creed 4, Batman Origins, and Deus Ex were to all sell over 500k this holiday season, then the publisher will definitely see the Wii U as a viable platform for their multi plats. 

#17 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

You have to think that the lack of marketing- and the very poor marketing that they have is a factor.  Granted, a lot of it might be due to the lack of games, lack of exclusives, so maybe they will have a better story to tell. Would hope they start advertising and then especially advertise during the Olympics, since that's an exclusive.  The stock is holding up at 14 and change.

#18 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

Will be interesting to see MSFT, Sony numbers in March.  While the Wii U is bad, I wonder what the numbers are going to look like for them and the industry as a whole.  I'll bet that MSFT's/Sony's biggest competition will be their older consoles and then of course tablet/mobile gamers.   

WiiU is going to have a its own corner of the market with a collection of its own games that owners will love.

However this has clearly failed as a console for the masses.
Nintendo should if embraced online gaming when they had the chance.

i think they should allow Wii U owners to play 3ds titles.  I don't think it would cannibalize sales.  

#19 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

I don`t think talking to 3rd parties would really change things for Wii U.

The console really needs a change in perception not just for the mass market, but for gamers aswell.

Nintendo should do what Sony did and change everything about it. Well, most things...
Sony basically changed the name, how it looked, the game cases. Even the weird commercials changed to something more friendly.

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

I don`t think talking to 3rd parties would really change things for Wii U.
The console really needs a change in perception not just for the mass market, but for gamers aswell.

Nintendo should do what Sony did and change everything about it. Well, most things...
Sony basically changed the name, how it looked, the game cases. Even the weird commercials changed to something more friendly.

Sony changed the name of the playstation 4?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!