#1 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

It was just a year ago when the Wii U launched. With 3D World only 4 days away, how do you feel about owning your wii u for a year? Or how do you feel about wanting to buy a wii U? Any launch stories? Guys, do something with this thread

794144.png?13383682

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

I feel that I should probably try buying games for the thing.

I still only have NSMBU. ;_;

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

POPULAR

"Congrats and Happy Anniversary for your console everyone! I thought I would surprise you all by having the forums crumble and glitch on your big day :D... Well that's all the time I have, good luck running this place on your own :P TTFN- Ta Ta For Now."

Sincerly, Feld0

Edited by Mitch13Pyro, 18 November 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#4 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

And I still have yet to play a Wii U. I want Super Mario 3D World badly now ;_;

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#5 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

Really looking forward to the new Mario game. I also want Nintendo to release more games.... The 6 games I have can old last so long.... That said, I like the Wii U a lot. I'd rather buy the new Mario than a new call of duty .

#6 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

I have loved the system like I did the GameCube. Going back to a system like this after 7 years of Xbox 360 has been a breath of fresh air to me.

After this week we will be a one console house with just a Wii U.

#7 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

I love WiiU. I played my 360 to death, literally I went through 3 of them. A few months after WiiU launch I traded my 360 and games and have not regretted it. I only play an hour a day at most, maybe a few hours on Sunday, so a "lack of games" means nothing to me.

There's already a few games out and tons coming that I really want, but won't have the time for anyway. I have no reason to buy a new console in the foreseeable future. Except maybe a Fallout or new Elder Scrolls game.

#8 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

I am a loyal nintendo fan and never abandoned it even when x box came about.  I honestly think that nintendo has done well, typically thier systems are more consistently stable as with the other consoles seem to have more issues.  I really love the wii u and I see some aweme potential with cool ideas for games with te game pad. 

I bought my wii u in Kodiak, AK at the walmart and didnt even stand in line...its great to be in a place that doesnt even know what a wii u was.  So easy to get it.  I am definitely looking forward to 3D Wolrd and most definitely Mario Kart.  I do hope they can get some real sports games and I do love sports games too.

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

3 months of different games, 9 months of Black Ops II.

Wii U.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm fine with my launch Wii U. There were a few months where there was nothing to play (December,January,February,April,May). But since June things have been picking up in releases. As for launch stories. Not really Wii U related per se, but I really enjoyed the period of time around launch. Shadocon the day before, Wii U launch, and Thanksgiving break for the whole week, letting me play Wii U in peace.

#11 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

I got mine in April.... I was pretty jealous of y'all that had one.  But I think my timing was pretty good.  I got some games for cheap and then by Aug./Sept., things really picked up and we got Pikmin, Rayman and W101   

I'm fine with my launch Wii U. There were a few months where there was nothing to play (December,January,February,April,May). But since June things have been picking up in releases. As for launch stories. Not really Wii U related per se, but I really enjoyed the period of time around launch. Shadocon the day before, Wii U launch, and Thanksgiving break for the whole week, letting me play Wii U in peace.

#12 DizzyT

DizzyT

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • NNID:DizzyT

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

The Wii U was released here in Sweden on a friday, November 30, it was the perfect birthday present for myself :)

Pre-ordered the Zombiu bundle and Warriors Orochi and played games the whole weekend :)

Since then my library has gotten bigger and I´m satisfied with the games I have right now, I try to play whenever I have time to spare so I´m not quite done with all the games I have but I do look forward to Mario 3D World :) (Mario 3D World is being released on November 29 here in Sweden)

#13 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

I was at best buy today looking for Duck Tales for Wii U . Couldn't find any but I ordered it online to pick up in store... anyway , while I was there , there was a girl about mid 20s buying a dance game for the Wii. She walked past me with her dad with her game in hand, looked at the Wii U stuff and asked "Whats a Wii U?"

Right there shows my Nintendo isn't selling as many units as it can. People just don't know about the Wii U.

#14 DanI

DanI

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

I bought my Wii U almost a couple of weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. I never owned another console, except for a 3DSXL, which I also bought earlier this year... I think this makes me a Nintendo fan :) I don't intend to buy other consoles; the 3DS and the Wii U are enough for my family's gaming needs.

The only bad thing is I can't find many games in our shops here, so I have to order them online... And postal services aren't very good. I was lucky to find a single NSMBU disk yesterday in a shop and I bought it immediately :)

Please excuse my poor English...

#15 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

Well I got my wiiu on launch day and I've always liked the system but I initially felt the launch games were bad and that we needed games and now we have games and many more to come. So yeah the system has a ton of potential and I hope Nintendo can justify my purchase.

#16 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

Well I got my wiiu on launch day and I've always liked the system but I initially felt the launch games were bad and that we needed games and now we have games and many more to come. So yeah the system has a ton of potential and I hope Nintendo can justify my purchase.

Yeah, it still launched with better games than the PS4.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#17 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:06 AM

The Wii U was released here in Sweden on a friday, November 30, it was the perfect birthday present for myself :)

Pre-ordered the Zombiu bundle and Warriors Orochi and played games the whole weekend :)

Since then my library has gotten bigger and I´m satisfied with the games I have right now, I try to play whenever I have time to spare so I´m not quite done with all the games I have but I do look forward to Mario 3D World :) (Mario 3D World is being released on November 29 here in Sweden)

I was standing in line for the midnight release (outside webhallen) just to find out that we didn't have a midnight release here in Gothenburg ^^

Posted Image

#18 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

I remember the day I got my Wii U! On my birthday! I was so excited and now having it for 8 months, I have not come to like it... I have come to love it! Its so awesome! Love it!

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

Yeah, it still launched with better games than the PS4.

Well that's a matter of opnion. One with which I disagree.

#20 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

Well that's a matter of opnion. One with which I disagree.

: O

Hehe Knack.

Edited by R00bot, 24 November 2013 - 03:06 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!