Photo

Just started Mario 3d world- teh graffiks!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Whoa. This game is the epitome of Mario.

But what impresses a visual person like me are the INSANE graphics.

For. This type of style to look this outstanding is simply a joy to behold.

If the wii u had THIS to launch with, there would have been no power debate, no criticism.

People would simply look on with only one word:

"Daaaayuuuuum!"

Very glad I got this.

Anyone else impressed by the graphics? Very "next gen" indeed.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Can't play it yet as it's a Xmas gift from my wife, but by seeing some gameplays and screens in full HD and on MiiVerse, it's beautiful.

Let's hope Nintendo can pick up steam with this and move forward. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

How's the difficulty and are areas polluted with hundreds of arrow markers telling you where to go?

How linear are the stages and are boss fights just a walk in the park

Question has game play spoilers

Spoiler

I can't grab this game until it comes on the 29th in Europe so I'd rather ask a person who has first hand experience.

Looking pretty alone isn't a good enough reason for me to buy it, but I am excited.

Thank you :P.

Edited by Ocarina of Time, 22 November 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#4 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

How's the difficulty and are areas polluted with hundreds of arrow markers telling you where to go?
How linear are the stages and are boss fights just a walk in the park

Question has game play spoilers

Spoiler

I can't grab this game until it comes on the 29th in Europe so I'd rather ask a person who has first hand experience.
Looking pretty alone isn't a good enough reason for me to buy it, but I am excited.

Thank you :P.

It's hard to say. I'm not an expert Mario game player.

But so far on the main world map, you beat a world and another pops up. You can return to better your performance.

It's a lot of fun. And Mario's various sounds/comments just sound pure comedy when you get hit, die, etc.

Haven't faced a boss yet.

I'm not a platformers kind of guy.

I like skyrim, halo, gears of war, etc. but I'm enjoying this immensely. The catsuit is hilarious. And the catsuit goomba. Lol

Catching the little rabbits and the giant rabbit adds to the fun.

#5 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for answering. much appreciated.

Continue enjoying the game. :D

#6 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Just as an update, finally faced bowser in the Cadillac. Totally awesome. This is one game where you actually WANT to replay levels and improve.

And everything is so beautiful. But bowser takes the cake so far. I almost can't believe his model isn't cgi. It's amazing.

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Did you want you pet Mario's catsuit?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

I'm liking the game a lot. The graphics are great and the levels are getting much better after the first world.

Though playing this game with friends is frustrating and will make you all hate each other. Me and my friends did a couple levels and said "im done with this crap" then went back to watching Spartacus.

Though playing single player is great.

#9 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

Uh... That's a little weird... Lol

But I'm a grown man and I'd even say the game and it's characters have such a cute quality to them, that I feel like a kid again.

Especially the captain toad character. I'm literally laughing out loud at the over-the-top cuteness on display. Character models, sounds, etc. they really nailed this game.

Pure heaven.

But I'm a grown man and I'd even say the game and it's characters have such a cute quality to them, that I feel like a kid again.

Especially the captain toad character. I'm literally laughing out loud at the over-the-top cuteness on display. Character models, sounds, etc. they really nailed this game.

Pure heaven.

I'm liking the game a lot. The graphics are great and the levels are getting much better after the first world.

Though playing this game with friends is frustrating and will make you all hate each other. Me and my friends did a couple levels and said "im done with this crap" then went back to watching Spartacus.

Though playing single player is great.

Have you tried the bubble defense yet?

#10 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

bubble defense? Like just floating around in the bubble? We tried near the end but people couldn't see where they were going and were jumping off ledges , sometimes one person would keep going too fast and leaving everyone behind, it was a mess.

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

bubble defense? Like just floating around in the bubble? We tried near the end but people couldn't see where they were going and were jumping off ledges , sometimes one person would keep going too fast and leaving everyone behind, it was a mess.

That's what happens when you have a jerk or two speed running through the level while others are exploring and getting coins and items. I never understand though why people make such a deal about this like it's the games fault ( not you) , clearly it's the players fault for not sticking with the group and or waiting for others to stay on screen.

There are 2 ways to play local multi player in a game like this.

Cooperative or Free  For All.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

Yeah, if you're going to play with more than one other person it's best to just agree that it's going to be competitive lol.

Also, Cat Suit is a game-changer.  Re-doing a level with the Cat Suit makes it like a whole new level, IMO. 

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#13 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

Ahh, I don't know if I can wait for Christmas for this one.  But as soon as I buy it, my wife will kill me.  "What am I supposed to get you for Christmas if you keep buying yourself everything you want??"  ....

Nice to see it getting some great reviews!

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

Pure heaven.

Sorry, I meant that the advertisements make it look so fuzzy; and i was wondering if it was as fuzzy in the game.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

Sorry, I meant that the advertisements make it look so fuzzy; and i was wondering if it was as fuzzy in the game.

It is. But Mario isn't very close to the camera, so it isn't super obvious.

But right after you clear a course, it zooms in and if your wearing the catsuit, it looks really fuzzy.

#16 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

One gripe, 5 levels per world and a castle, seems kinda short. Doesn't matter game has blown me away. Graphics are some of the best I've seen.

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

Anyone figure out yet you can use the touch screen to draw in the sand and snow?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

Anyone figure out yet you can use the touch screen to draw in the sand and snow?

didn't know this. thanks for tip. any chance you can play before xmas too? i got lucky lol

#19 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

One gripe, 5 levels per world and a castle, seems kinda short. Doesn't matter game has blown me away. Graphics are some of the best I've seen.

Im taking it slow and replaying levels with various characters. I don't want it to end. Lol

#20 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

What else can you do? Someone should make a list.

I know that if you blow on the touch screen, the coins spin, the dandelions blow away and you can reveal hidden item boxes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!