• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

Should probably post this here since it's not really worth a new thread but I have noticed after a few hours of playing with the Xbone controller I am getting cramp in my right hand, more towards the pinky and side of the palm.

Anyone else had this? I have large hands but not freakishly large and this is annoying me. For a couple days I thought it was just random cramp but I am more convinced the longer I play Xbone the worse it gets. Only play Xbone 2-3 hours at most per day.

Not aloud to play my PS4 until Xmas so can't say if that controller has the same thing or not. Never had this before. :(

I can assure you the ps4 controller won't give you any cramps like the x1 did. Oh and I've tried both controllers and the x1 gave me fits till I just got use to it.

#62 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

I've never liked the Xbox controllers and the Xbox One controller is no different. I find them too bulky with the left analogue stick in the wrong place and the buttons too stiff. The PS4 controller is far more comfortable in my opinion and one of the reasons why the Playstation consoles have always been my primary ones.

#63 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

I've never liked the Xbox controllers and the Xbox One controller is no different. I find them too bulky with the left analogue stick in the wrong place and the buttons too stiff. The PS4 controller is far more comfortable in my opinion and one of the reasons why the Playstation consoles have always been my primary ones.

I held a PS4 controller the other week and it's a massive improvement. I much prefer the analogue placement of Xbox though, but the general shape of the grips is much more comfortable than it was on PS3.

#64 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

I can assure you the ps4 controller won't give you any cramps like the x1 did. Oh and I've tried both controllers and the x1 gave me fits till I just got use to it.

Well got my PS4 today and played it extensively,especially with the free games for PS Plus. Really great bang for your buck that subscription is.

I have tried the Dualshock 4 for a little while before but I feel it's the superior controller compared to Xbone. The annoying cramp I get with XBone is gone using Dualshock 4, the sticks and triggers have the perfect balance of resistance making it feel more satisfying and responsive. Xbone pad is not crap but not as good as I once thought, going back to using it's sticks and triggers feel loose and hollow.

The groove where your middle finger rests is curved more on Dualshock 4 and longer handles with better rumble are welcome. Xbone just feels too cramped and the D-Pad is the worst this gen again, I feel a revision from Microsoft coming at some point.

I know why the Xbone pad has better battery life and I dare anyone to contest this. Basically they took the rumble from 360 and moved half of them to the triggers, that's why the rumble in the pad itself is so poor.

Anyway, Battlefield 4 on PS4 has much less jaggies and aliasing due to higher res. Online just as smooth as Xbone with fewer crashes i.e picking conquest and the game sends you to domination or something.

Resogun is fun as hell, looks gorgeous and is addictive to boot. Maybe a little short, being free is a nice touch.

Warframe looks nice but doesn't play that good. Not really into it but will give it another chance online.

Trine 2. Wow. 1080p 60fps and the touch pad really shines here as does the D-Pad.

Overall, I like the new consoles (PS4 more, I admit selling my Xbone did cross my mind but won't) and look forward to their exclusives. One important thing I want to add is I think Wii U is still very relevant this gen. I can't stress enough to my friends that don't own to go and buy the damn thing especially for next year! Got my bro Mario 3d World today for Xmas and had the most fun playing co-op than any multiplayer game in a long time.

My PS4 username is Toilet_Snaker if anyone wants to add me.

#65 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

wife got me knack today,wasnt sure it would be my cup of tea but im loving it,much much better than the press would have you believe and its actually challenging,graphics are great and so far its keeping me addicted and wanting to play more(im on chapter 5) the controls are simplistic but at the same time great,its a really fun game imo and worth alot more than the press gave it.

#66 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

Been playing Contrast today and think it's pretty good. Puzzle platforming with a really unique element of using shadows.

I love the speaker in the Dualshock 4 as it's much better sound quality than I expected, playing Resogun with feedback from the announcer is really cool. The lightbar is pretty pointless though.

Surprised that opening and closing games, apps and friend profiles etc on PS4 is much quicker than Xbone. Thought ddr3 would of been better suited for this kind of stuff.

Edited by Forza Juventus, 26 December 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#67 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

did get around to trying X1. forza seems fine but i got bored of it quickly, im also not a sim racer fan so that shouldnt be a surprise.

BF runs fine, preffer it on PC, but there was no issues. 

i did had alot of UI issues on the X1, some big some small, we got OS redownload from MS to fix some of the issues but some are still there =/. aka the consuls UI is not really ready yet.

#68 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Been playing Contrast today and think it's pretty good. Puzzle platforming with a really unique element of using shadows.

I love the speaker in the Dualshock 4 as it's much better sound quality than I expected, playing Resogun with feedback from the announcer is really cool. The lightbar is pretty pointless though.

Surprised that opening and closing games, apps and friend profiles etc on PS4 is much quicker than Xbone. Thought ddr3 would of been better suited for this kind of stuff.

i told you (think it was you anyway) that the ps4 ui was faster than xbones ;)

#69 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Got a ps4 and its pretty damn great.
Everything sins fast and works smooth.
Store loads fast and I can access it while I'm playing a game.
The remote play is good. Seem games have an over sensitive sticks. Other feel funny since you need to use the rear touch as buttons. Bt I have used he bypass and played on the vita screen with a daul shock 4.

The video recording is great too I recorded a few online game play to watch later to get better.

So far I have
Battlefield 4 ( great game and looks way better on the ps4 then the ps3. And love the high number of online people)
Killzone shadows fall. ( the single player is cool and online is your normal killzone)
Cod ghost ( was a gift I'm not to into cod. But the game is ok, the graphic aren't on point with bf and online is. Little dry to me)
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#70 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Loving Max and the curse of brotherhood played it for about 3 hours straight. Addicted to Peggle 2 and Skylanders swap force looks so pixar like in 1080p its so bright I always catch my self saying Xbox record that!!!

#71 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Loving PS4 more each day. Can't believe Xbox Live costs more than PS Plus but hasn't even got the basics that 360 had. I'm talking things like a controller battery life icon, recent player list, no bio's on profiles or the inability to get offline achievements, all things PS4 has.

Turned my Xbone on today hoping for an update but still nothing and even noticed you can't leave anyone feedback, something they said was so great before launch....

In other news, Planetside 2 has been confirmed by the developers that the free to play PS4 game will be like PC graphics on ultra!

http://vr-zone.com/a...s-pc/68003.html

#72 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

Has anyone had the issue with the rubber on the analog sticks go funny on the PS4 yet? I've seen that quite a bit online, and also on a demo unit for the system.

#73 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

Well I won't be giving anymore Xbone impressions anytime soon as I decided to sell it. My gold membership ran out and since I have hardly used the console (using my Wii U and PS4 way more) I can't justify shelling out on Xbox Live when PS Plus offers so much more.

Since I can't even watch Netflix, use the browser or gain achievements offline to hell with it.

Might buy again in a year or two. My opinion: don't be stupid like me and get both PS4 and Xbone now.

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 06 January 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#74 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

I made the switch from Xbox 360 to PS4 and getting used to the controller took a week or two but it is by far one of the best I've used. Only thing I don't like is the lack of games so far for both X1 and Ps4. But that will change with time. In the mean time i'm enjoying my Wii U.

#75 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

After playing most of these new consoles games I can say for sure Resogun, Trine 2, Don't Starve and Battfield 4 are the best out them all. Everyone should play Don't Starve, wicked game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!