• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

Sorry but the Ps4 isn't some beast compared to Xbone. The 32 rops in PS4 is considered overkill, as far as I know rops comee in 16,32, and 64 variations etc so while PS4 plan to use more than 16 rops they are not using anywhere near 32. The GPU isn't powerful enough to use that much. PS4 is capable of much closer to 16 rops than 32.

Not saying Xbone is more powerful but it does have aspects where it beats PS4. Latency, clock speed, 512mb more ram for games, esram on die, four move engines, much more powerful audio chip which frees up CPU cores etc.

Microsoft should free up that 10% of the GPU asap they are reserving for Kinect.

Thats a bit of sticking the head in the sand for rops. Its not something you turn off and 'dont use' Your fillrate is your fillrate. Its already becoming pretty apparant the xbone is hurting because of this, using its disgusting 'xboned' filter in place of proper post op filters being utilized on ps4. And of course they arent using the entirety of their fill rate yet. It simply means ps4 will be able to mantain a higher resolution, with more graphics effects, at a higher framerate (concerning fillrate bottlenecks).

The esram is nice, until you realize how stupid it is to use esram. Using edram they could have easily doubled the capacity of the cache, with a smaller footprint, less power draw, lower latency, and higher bandwidth. sram is just to big clunky and clumsy. (But doesnt have to be refreshed).... And it would have been cheaper too.

The cpu clock speed is in of a moot point when ps 4 has like 8 more paralell processors to work on gp.

And again, the biggest problem, it costs 100 bucks more.

If it was CHEAPER than ps4, it could easily be seen as great bang for the buck. But its not.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#42 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:54 AM

Thats a bit of sticking the head in the sand for rops. Its not something you turn off and 'dont use' Your fillrate is your fillrate. Its already becoming pretty apparant the xbone is hurting because of this, using its disgusting 'xboned' filter in place of proper post op filters being utilized on ps4. And of course they arent using the entirety of their fill rate yet. It simply means ps4 will be able to mantain a higher resolution, with more graphics effects, at a higher framerate (concerning fillrate bottlenecks).

The esram is nice, until you realize how stupid it is to use esram. Using edram they could have easily doubled the capacity of the cache, with a smaller footprint, less power draw, lower latency, and higher bandwidth. sram is just to big clunky and clumsy. (But doesnt have to be refreshed).... And it would have been cheaper too.

The cpu clock speed is in of a moot point when ps 4 has like 8 more paralell processors to work on gp.

And again, the biggest problem, it costs 100 bucks more.

If it was CHEAPER than ps4, it could easily be seen as great bang for the buck. But its not.

I agree about the price issue. Not happy that I paid £80 more for basically mandatory Kinect. Unjustifiable. Kinect should of been a voice command sensor and that's it. The camera and tracking features are useless IMO.

#43 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

The PS4 and XBox One have similar architecture so it's unlikely devs got things 'very' wrong with the XBox One only producing 720p in their games. While a natural fix could have been to make the performance of the game better, what actually happens is that we now know the XBox One is probably less powerful than the PS4 on more than just paper.

So in other words, while I may agree with Forza that the XBox One is a good system, I can't agree with his power argument in favor of the XBox One.

#44 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

My friend recently bought a PS4 and he invited me to play on it and to be honest I wasn't overally impressed with it.

The console is nice looking, it doesn't seem to make much noise, it's smaller then I thought it was going to be, the interface is a lot better than the PS3, as for the games? I played FIFA 14 and I honestly couldn't see that much of a gulf in class between the PS3 and the PS4 versions. There were a few noticable changes, but none that would make me want to rush out and purchase a PS4. I played KillZone Shadow Fall and that was just boring experience, the online multiplayer just didn't interest me at all. NFS Rivals reminds me of Hot Pursuit with better graphics, I wasn't impressed with any of the games that I played.

The PS4 just doesn't have any games that interest me and to be honest I'm more than happy with my 3DS XL and Wii U.

#45 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

but it will never beat Street Fighter's depth. 

That game is so bucking overrated...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#46 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

played forza on xbone today,wasnt that impressed with it graphically,it looks nice but not as much of a step up as say killzone....lol at people trying to say the xbone is better than the ps4 in some areas...if it was we would of seen that already,ps4 1080p 60fps,xbone 720p 60fps!! the best  and ONLY game worth having a xbone for at the moment is killer instinct,when titanfall comes out owners of the console will have something to be proud of though,gameplay looks amazing on that.

i suppose battlefield is also a good game to get on the xbone but it still looks better on the ps4 :)

#47 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

played forza on xbone today,wasnt that impressed with it graphically,it looks nice but not as much of a step up as say killzone....lol at people trying to say the xbone is better than the ps4 in some areas...if it was we would of seen that already,ps4 1080p 60fps,xbone 720p 60fps!! the best  and ONLY game worth having a xbone for at the moment is killer instinct,when titanfall comes out owners of the console will have something to be proud of though,gameplay looks amazing on that.

i suppose battlefield is also a good game to get on the xbone but it still looks better on the ps4 :)

Personally I have to disagree. I have both Forza 5 and Killzone Shadow Fall and the former is just as good looking as the latter in my opinion.

#48 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

Personally I have to disagree. I have both Forza 5 and Killzone Shadow Fall and the former is just as good looking as the latter in my opinion.

forza looks NOWHERE near as good as killzone lol gameplay was pritty good and the rumble in the triggers on joypad was interesting but when it comes to graphics its easy to see quite a BIG difference imo

#49 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

If you are referring to my quotes of Xbone being better in some areas than PS4, it's true. Two sides to every story bro.

Xbone has more 1080p games than it has 720p games and yes just like with Wii U, you can't judge a consoles specs on it's launch games. Speaking of graphics, Ryse has the most next gen looking graphics compared to all of PS4's games. The amount of zombies on screen in DR3 is something we haven't seen PS4 do either. Just little things get missed in the controversy.

PS4 is more powerful but not in EVERY aspect of it's architecture.

#50 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

forza looks NOWHERE near as good as killzone lol gameplay was pritty good and the rumble in the triggers on joypad was interesting but when it comes to graphics its easy to see quite a BIG difference imo

Like I said I disagree. Forza looks just as good as Killzone. There is no big difference because they are pretty comparable graphics wise.

#51 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

These first impressions are based off the new demos for each.

Zoo Tycoon: Great graphics, most realistic animals and trees I've seen in a game lol. Full game could be good, addictive maybe. Might buy it used next year.

Dead Rising 3: Really good gameplay but the demo is so short (20 minutes) I didn't have enough time to see if I want it or not. Stupid Capcom.

I like how tense things get once you think you have the upper hand against the hundreds of Zombies then your weapon breaks or becomes useless.

Guns are not as good as making a saw for example.

Graphics are ok nothing great, the city is very detailed and the amount of Zombies is cool. I noticed the framerate to be pretty good, nothing like 20fps like some say. Apparently the full game with day one update resolves that.

#52 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

These first impressions are based off the new demos for each.

Zoo Tycoon: Great graphics, most realistic animals and trees I've seen in a game lol. Full game could be good, addictive maybe. Might buy it used next year.

Dead Rising 3: Really good gameplay but the demo is so short (20 minutes) I didn't have enough time to see if I want it or not. Stupid Capcom.
I like how tense things get once you think you have the upper hand against the hundreds of Zombies then your weapon breaks or becomes useless.
Guns are not as good as making a saw for example.
Graphics are ok nothing great, the city is very detailed and the amount of Zombies is cool. I noticed the framerate to be pretty good, nothing like 20fps like some say. Apparently the full game with day one update resolves that.

Hmm... I saw new demos for Zoo Tycoon and Zumba Fitness on the UK Xbox Live store but no Dead Rising 3 demo. I'll have to have another look and if its not there I may setup my old US account on there to get the demo. Although as its a silver account I may have to wait a few days before I can.

#53 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

cod ghosts ps4...story gameplay is actually ALOT better than i was expecting,its fun and set pieces are good,the graphics in this game are nothing special but it does look better than last gen versions with noticable difference in textures and lighting,NOWHERE near as good as battlefields and killzones graphics though.

multiplayer is just ok to me,ive only played 4 times in tdm but find the spawning  rubbish,in the 4 games ive had i have spawned to be shot in the back withing seconds,why the hell they have made it so you spawn in such places is stupid imo,there seems to be ALWAYS someone behind you in this game ready to end your life lol which i think is down to the spawning mainly,levels seem okish and bigger than most cods but again theres too many ways to get shot in the back,,,i do think (in online play) this is one of the worse cods EVER,maybe they can fix at least the spawning problem with a patch.

overall im really liking the story play but not enjoying the online. :(

Edited by syks-1, 14 December 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#54 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

I've only played Knack for a few hours, but that was more than enough to know I don't ever want to play it again. I don't have either next gen system, but played my friend's PS4 while he passed out drunk.

I haven't played BF4 for consoles but I play it on PC and I love it. I hear about how buggy it is, but I haven't had any issues lately with it after a few patches. Though the game used to crash every now and again, but not anymore. Its really fun online ,but I have no interest in the campaign.

To me, there isn't any reason to go and buy a new system , since the games don't offer anything new and there aren't many yet anyway.

#55 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

One thing I like about Xbone games are the game cases, quite small and thin with the disc on the left side as opposed to the right when you open it. Kinda makes sense if your right handed as you tend to hold the case in your left.

#56 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

If you want high-end graphics and you want the best possible hardware which you can boast about to your friends about then why would you buy either the PS4 or the Xbox One? Wouldn't it be better to either build your own gaming PC or wait for the Steam Machine to come out if you don't want to sit at a desk? 

Call me close-minded, but that's just how I see it. 

#57 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:42 AM

If you want high-end graphics and you want the best possible hardware which you can boast about to your friends about then why would you buy either the PS4 or the Xbox One? Wouldn't it be better to either build your own gaming PC or wait for the Steam Machine to come out if you don't want to sit at a desk? 

Most console gamers prefer PC like graphics but with console exclusive games, something PC can't compete with.

#58 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

No it wouldn't be better because then you not only have to deal with all the problems that go with Windows but also have to upgrade the PC especially the graphics card every six months to a year to keep up with the latest games. I also refuse to use a Windows based PC when a Mac is better in all respects other then not having as many compatible games.

#59 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

Should probably post this here since it's not really worth a new thread but I have noticed after a few hours of playing with the Xbone controller I am getting cramp in my right hand, more towards the pinky and side of the palm.

Anyone else had this? I have large hands but not freakishly large and this is annoying me. For a couple days I thought it was just random cramp but I am more convinced the longer I play Xbone the worse it gets. Only play Xbone 2-3 hours at most per day.

Not aloud to play my PS4 until Xmas so can't say if that controller has the same thing or not. Never had this before. :(

#60 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

I've not had any issues at all and find the controller generally pretty great. I wish it felt a little more solid like the Wii U pro controller but I find it really comfortable otherwise.

I don't have any issues with the bumpers either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!