Photo

What other third parties would you like to make a Nintendo game?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

Now with Hyrule Warriors coming out by Tecmo Koei and Sonic being meshed with Yoshi in the new DLC it seems that Nintendo is open to letting other companies work with their beloved games after all. Who would you like to make a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid or something different?

Zelda- besides the Tecmo Koei which looks like a really really fun hack n slash (I LOVE HACK N SLASH)

I think they should let Platinum games make a Zelda in the style of DMC, Bayonetta

Mario- This is a really tough one and while its best to keep it made by Nintendo I think Warren Spector should be brought in to be a creative director on a 3d mario game.

Metroid- This is the one that could be huge. If Nintendo partenered with a big corporation and got access to the Frostbite engine or the Unreal 4 engine this could be a really great FPS.

StarFox-Platinum games nuff said.

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

Kingdom Hearts would be pretty cool imo.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:31 AM

This seems ro be nintendos effort to 3rd parties to get them over their terrifying fear of having to compete with nintendo games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

This seems ro be nintendos effort to 3rd parties to get them over their terrifying fear of having to compete with nintendo games.

Which is...strange. Any developer who is worth their salt should have enough confidence in their own work to compete with Nintendo.

Honestly this announcement is just kinda.....I don't know. I'm really hesitant on this one. I find it weird that Nintendo is willing to let Zelda be made in to Dynasty Warriors and yet they won't let a genius like Kamiya get his hands on Starfox, a franchise that NEEDS to be brought back. I get they want to tide things over until the REAL Zelda comes out, but this is a very weird way of doing it.

I think this game has the potential to be good, but I also think it has way more potential of being absolutely terrible. If they embrace the Zelda franchise and use the material to make this a truly unique and interesting game then I think it will work out. But if this is just Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda skin (which it's looking like right now) then this should have never made it past concept. It's not enough to justify its own game, especially when the Dynasty Warriors series has basically ran itself in to the ground. Now if, they were making an Dynasty Warriors game and it was coming to the Wii U, then this would have been a cool idea for exclusive dlc. Kinda like how Link was playable in SCII.

Speaking of which why the hell isn't the HD remake coming to the Wii U? :/ COME ON!!!! The gamecube version sold the best!!!!!

pNgecl.gif

#5 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

Borderlands vs Metroid? :P

2lvmghw.png

#6 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

I would really love Cliffy B to work on Metroid.

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

None of the metroid suggestions made are taking into consideration that level design is the number 1 100% absolutely most important aspect to making a metroid that doesnt suck balls. Every single proposition made towards metroid so far is 100% guaranteed hot steaming failure garbage. 

There is not a third party that exists today that is anywhere NEAR remotely competent enough at exploration adventure game and level design to make a proper metroid outside of Nintendo. And even the ones INSIDE nintendo are suffering from a horrible case of 'going through the motions'. Prime (as in the first game of the series) was the last actual metroidvania. Perhaps Retro doing dk is for the best, it seems they need to 'forget' in order to recapture what they pioneered with prime. Im also glad that Pacini is gone. Echoes and corruption were increasingly 'his style' of metroid... And i didnt like that style as much... Although im nowhere near as harsh a critic as he is... (he said echoes and corruption sucked and he dragged the series down after prime).

Game engines designed to churn out homegenous factory line chum cant be used for a game like metroid that has very unique design needs, And developers who have absolutely zero metroidvania level design capability like cliffy b are disasters waiting to happen.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

And developers who have absolutely zero metroidvania level design capability like cliffy b are disasters waiting to happen.

B-bbb-but the world needs more cover based 3rd person shooters... and we need to break down the barriers of having only roided out men playing the main characters in cover based 3rd person shooters. Its time we step up against this blatant sexism, break  through these disgusting male tropes and make a female protagonist play in a Cliffy B game

#9 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Platinum Games have stated they want to do either a Star Fox game or a Nazo no Murasame Jō game. I say let them do both. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#10 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Platinum Games have stated they want to do either a Star Fox game or a Nazo no Murasame Jō game. I say let them do both. 

but Nintendo is so stupid they wont even entertain the idea. They arent doing anything with starfox, f-zero, and some other ip's why not let a developer with passion develop the games. SAD. but as far as third parties

none. I really do think Nintendo should buy the little devs companies and build their ip's. Seriously Shin'en Multimedia, Wayforward, and Renegade Kid are just ready to be bought. Now all of those studios are relativley small but thats fine. You buy them and build them. Let be honest here guys 3rd party could care less about Nintendo gamers and wont put siginificant money or effort behind games for nintendo console. Indie devs love the console and what it can do... so buy them up... partner with them. I dont want anymore Ubi, EA, Activision games i am ok buying nintendo only content and some indies.

Edited by GAMER1984, 18 December 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#11 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

but Nintendo is so stupid they wont even entertain the idea. They arent doing anything with starfox, f-zero, and some other ip's why not let a developer with passion develop the games. SAD. but as far as third parties

none. I really do think Nintendo should buy the little devs companies and build their ip's. Seriously Shin'en Multimedia, Wayforward, and Renegade Kid are just ready to be bought. Now all of those studios are relativley small but thats fine. You buy them and build them. Let be honest here guys 3rd party could care less about Nintendo gamers and wont put siginificant money or effort behind games for nintendo console. Indie devs love the console and what it can do... so buy them up... partner with them. I dont want anymore Ubi, EA, Activision games i am ok buying nintendo only content and some indies.

This guy gets it. And yeah, Nintendo is nine kinds of stupid for not letting Kamiya work his magic on Starfox. The man is a genius and has made industry changing games in the past. You know he's going to do it again eventually, better to have it happen on the Wii U instead of their competitors' consoles.

pNgecl.gif

#12 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

Like when Miyamoto said he was surprised that people want another F-Zero game? That one had me facepalming. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

Like when Miyamoto said he was surprised that people want another F-Zero game? That one had me facepalming. 

That made me so sad you dont understand. He even went on to say a couple months later their devs dont like working on those title(f-zero, starfox, waverace) and would rather work on Mario and Zelda. It is painfully obvious Nintendo need to buy more WESTERN devs or Platinum (which said they would like to be bought and a 2nd party nintendo dev) so we can get the games that havent seen the light of day since GAMECUBE!!!!!

#14 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:27 AM

Now Sega-Sammy owns Atlus, why doesn't Nintendo use its friendship with Sega to get Sega and Nintendo to collaborate on bringing Skies of Arcadia to the Wii U?

#15 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

I am appalled by all the Japanese companies (mostly Konami and Capcom) not even giving Wii U a chance considering Nintendo is from their country they should support them.

Remember when Gamecube had exclusive MGS, Resident Evil and Viewtiful Joe?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!