Photo

Should Nintendo Remake/Reimagine Zelda 1&2?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

So tonight I've been chilling out watching game grumps and browsing the Hyrule Historia on my Wii U and I actually went and read and looked through all of the info and artwork on the first two games. Now, I'm sure pretty much everyone has at least played through and enjoyed the first Zelda but Zelda II....well Zelda II, enough said.

After reading through all that stuff though, it didn't make me want to play Zelda II but it did make me wonder what that game would look like if they redid it today. That got me thinking, should they ever try to recreate the original two zelda games but in 3D? They're doing Hyrule Warriors as a tide over for a real Wii U Zelda, what if they had remade 1 and 2 instead? Thoughts?

pNgecl.gif

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

I'm sick of remakes honestly. I think Nintendo should stop doing remakes for a few years now. I want new games. I'd rather they make new classics, then remake the classics.

2lvmghw.png

#3 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

I'm sick of remakes honestly. I think Nintendo should stop doing remakes for a few years now. I want new games. I'd rather they make new classics, then remake the classics.

You do realize that them making these games today in not only 3D but 1080p would essentially be entirely new games right? It's not like they would be re-using anything other than concept art

pNgecl.gif

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

You do realize that them making these games today in not only 3D but 1080p would essentially be entirely new games right? It's not like they would be re-using anything other than concept art

And story. Not that the storytelling in those early NES/SNES games was that great.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

And story. Not that the storytelling in those early NES/SNES games was that great.

Exactly. If anything they could expand the stories since honestly there aren't THAT many people who are familiar with the two games, especially the second.

pNgecl.gif

#6 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

I don't necessarily think that is the issue. GIven the mentality that the games are remakes just kinda devalues the whole experience. I'd rather know it's a completely original concept rather then just another remake no matter how drastic changes are being made. I don't see the point, focus on making new experiences rather then refreshing and refining old ones.

2lvmghw.png

#7 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

I don't necessarily think that is the issue. GIven the mentality that the games are remakes just kinda devalues the whole experience. I'd rather know it's a completely original concept rather then just another remake no matter how drastic changes are being made. I don't see the point, focus on making new experiences rather then refreshing and refining old ones.

I think you just have a hang up on the idea of 'remake'. But hey, I bet you love some Duke Nukem Forever.

pNgecl.gif

#8 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Wouldn't that just be a new game? Every Zelda essentially has the same story but with different approaches to it but in this case a 2d game transformed into a hd 3d game would just mean....a new game.

#9 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

I think you just have a hang up on the idea of 'remake'. But hey, I bet you love some Duke Nukem Forever.

Don't ask for an opinion if you wanna argue against it.

2lvmghw.png

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Call me a nostagic fool but I would only want them if they were done SNES style like that of Dragon Quest 1-3 and Super Mario All Stars.

#11 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

Don't ask for an opinion if you wanna argue against it.

Easy man, didn't mean to rustle your jimmies.

Call me a nostagic fool but I would only want them if they were done SNES style like that of Dragon Quest 1-3 and Super Mario All Stars.

I thought of that, and while I think that'd be cool I also think it'd be a shame for them not to go all out. It'd definitely be way different but I'd love to see the original ideas for the very first Zeldas brought in to the modern day.

pNgecl.gif

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

I would like to see a Zelda game based off of Zelda 1, but not a remake. Make the world super expansive, place secrets in the mosy hidden of areas, make it so you can get a lot of upgrades before even the first dungeon, and make it just as nonlinear. The story could be told to you throughout the game by NPCs and other places throughout the world that you would piece together. I want the focus to be massive amounts of exploration, just like Zelda 1.

There was actually a 16 bit remake of Zelda 1, but only on the Satteleview in Japan. Due to how the game was distributed (the Satteleview broadcasted games that could be saved via flash cartridge), it is impossible to my knowledge that a ROM of the game exists now.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Yeah don't mean BS Zelda.

Maybe and of course this will not happen but 30th Zelda for Wii U is a disc with SNES remakes of Zelda 1-2 OoT 3D HD,digital comics,All 3 GBC Zeldas,Minish Cap,Majoras Mask N64 port cleaned up for HD, Four Swords, Hyrule historia in PDf form similar that of the Wizards book in Ni No Kuni in game and last a 90 minute hour documentary from the various people who worked on the series over the years. 59.99$

Then if you pre order the Triforce Edition you get Zelda 30th which will cost more you get a 16x20 inch poster of different links in a dramtic background, A 3 cd OST and similar to Darksiders II CE you get instead of a mask the Triforce on a pedastal. 99.99$

Edited by Ryudo, 22 December 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#14 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:57 AM

They were actually planning on releasing all of the games in a collection back in 2011, but they just did that with Mario and decided against it. Love your ideas though.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!