9 replies to this topic

#1 rjvbeek

rjvbeek

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

Hi all!

I've been looking around for an answer to my question but haven't been able to find one so I joined this forum :)

In the eShop, Wii U games are indicated as being "Wii U download" or "Wii U disc/download". Call me old-fashioned, but I would like to buy a game disc (AC4 in this case; it's around 14GB on a 32GB Wii U so thast would quickly use up all of my space). So, I added some credit to my account but I don't see the choice between ordering a disc or a download when I go to the checkout screen. Is it only possible to order downloads then, and why are some games indicated as disc/download then?

Thanks in advance

#2 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

Everything on the eshop is digital. If you want discs, you're going to have to buy them at the store. When games are marked "disc/download", it means that it's available both digitally and in stores. Credit you put on the eshop can only be used to buy digital games.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#3 rceggl

rceggl

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

I just don't understand why the digital download is so ungodly slow.  It suggests to me that Nintendo is using somewhat dated technology.

Bob

#4 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

It's probable

I just don't understand why the digital download is so ungodly slow.  It suggests to me that Nintendo is using somewhat dated technology.

It might be slow today with all the holiday traffic, normally it's not quite as bad.

#5 rjvbeek

rjvbeek

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for the response, I'll just download it then :)

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

You might want to get an external hard drive then.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

I just don't understand why the digital download is so ungodly slow. It suggests to me that Nintendo is using somewhat dated technology.

I've never known a download to take too terribly long on the eshop. For the size of the game at least. And is it just me or is at least the 3DS eshop movin faster now that its back up?

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

One of the problems is that the internal flash storage has a slow write speed and is a bottleneck. Apparently downloading to an external HD is actually faster.

#9 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

Buy the disk. Resale value and no risk due to console locked account system.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#10 rjvbeek

rjvbeek

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:51 AM

Buy the disk. Resale value and no risk due to console locked account system.

I would have, if I had not yet added eShop credit ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!