Photo

What the hell's wrong with the gaming community?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

Seriously,  I've had enough of this. They always  complain. This site is about the only site where people aren't closedminded morons  and where are actually  able show some respect. So you know, that Sakurai blog. First comment on  the site I first read it was "I am more and more getting the feeling this game will be rushed. :/" What the  heck? How is a blog about a beloved game developer putting his heart and soul and time  in something important such as balancing an indicator that this game will be "rushed"? It's not just this guy. A lot of Nintendo "fans" just like to hop on the D00MD TR4IN. People never ac tually have something positive to say, while the gaming industry is far from a bad place (as opposed to its community). A new Zelda is announced with NON-LINEARITY and everything fans wanted and still people try to diss it for A. it's  not better than a 20 year old classic everyone loves B. artstyle sucks  C. it's too short even WHILE BEING LONGER THAN A LOT OF ITS PREDECESSORS. Then there's always the endless war to which  consoles are "better" while the truth is, no console is any better. It's people's  personal preferences. Capcom releases a statement in which they explain that THEY think is the selling power of Resident Evil (which isn't even far off tbh) and the gaming community goes batrainbow insane "they abandoned teh franchise" with nearly  no good arguments being given. Hell, even Capcom themselves stated RE7  will be survival  horror yet people are STILL COMPLAINING,  even though that is what they asked for. The gaming community is a giant hypocritic mess and I'm totally fed up  with most "gamers".

No sig.

#2 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

I think you should be nervous about this when people stop to complain about a favorite studio/franchise. I had my own Rare Website an we tried posting interesting articles about the Studio and the people that worked for them. But after many many letdowns I could understand why many fansites were so frustrated. Their forums literally exploded when Nuts & Bolts was announced. After all this time of hoping there was finally a Banjo game coming but the devs choose to do it differently. While I applaud taking chances, the game was just not what the world was waiting for. The studio seemed to not be listening to their fans, and after many rounds of positive and negative posts....the fans started to shut up....and move on. I think when I canned the website, and finally gave up hope on Rare..., I was more open to hop over to another platform, and there was the WiiU.

We complain because we care and want our beloved WiiU to do good.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#3 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

I'm looking forward to RE7. It can't be as bad as RE6 (which is the only absolutely terrible game in the franchise, in my opinion).

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:50 AM

I agree, the gaming community sucks.

Most of the people on this website are ok, though.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

It think the people that say this stuff are just a vocal minority. Too bad said minority gives the rest of the community a bad rap.  :(

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#6 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

I think some of the problem here is that you're trying to lump together the entire fandom as one person with one opinion, when the fandom is instead composed of different individuals with very different opinions.

For example, just because a number of fans complained about the linearity in recent Zelda titles didn't mean that all did. Nor does it mean that it was a big deal to everybody to begin with. So for them, other complaints about the game might surface. It's not the fandom asking for one thing, and then getting it but finding other things to complain about. It's individuals who wanted one thing, didn't get it, and weren't happy in the end.

I do think it's a bit strange to complain about Super Smash Bros. 4 being rushed, and I certainly agree with you on the whole console wars nonsense, though.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

The studio seemed to not be listening to their fans, and after many rounds of positive and negative posts....the fans started to shut up....and move on. 

The reason Nuts and Bolts was made to what it was is because the person who was first behind it got replaced with some other guy who thought collectathon games were dead. He literally didn't take a glance at rarewares own fans.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

The reason Nuts and Bolts was made to what it was is because the person who was first behind it got replaced with some other guy who thought collectathon games were dead. He literally didn't take a glance at rarewares own fans.

Not just one guy, Rare was already decimated by that point. They are just a shadow of their former selves.

#9 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

The gaming community has always been a joke, everyone is so forgetful, so angry and so narrow-minded it's ridiculous. To get so worked up about entertainment products is beyond me.

Bring the noise.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:16 AM

Seriously,  I've had enough of this. They always  complain. This site is about the only site where people aren't closedminded dickheads  and where are actually  able show some respect. So you know, that Sakurai blog. First comment on  the site I first read it was "I am more and more getting the feeling this game will be rushed. :/" What the  f***? How is a blog about a beloved game developer putting his heart and soul and time  in something important such as balancing an indicator that this game will be "rushed"? It's not just this guy. A lot of Nintendo "fans" just like to hop on the D00MD TR4IN. People never ac tually have something positive to say, while the gaming industry is far from a bad place (as opposed to its community). A new Zelda is announced with NON-LINEARITY and everything fans wanted and still people try to diss it for A. it's  not better than a 20 year old classic everyone loves B. artstyle sucks  C. it's too short even WHILE BEING LONGER THAN A LOT OF ITS PREDECESSORS. Then there's always the endless war to which  consoles are "better" while the truth is, no console is any better. It's people's  personal preferences. Capcom releases a statement in which they explain that THEY think is the selling power of Resident Evil (which isn't even far off tbh) and the gaming community goes batrainbow insane "they abandoned teh franchise" with nearly  no good arguments being given. Hell, even Capcom themselves stated RE7  will be survival  horror yet people are STILL COMPLAINING,  even though that is what they asked for. The gaming community is a giant hypocritic mess and I'm totally fed up  with most "gamers".

If he's still doing balancing, it points to an issue that has always been present in Sakurai's games, he's never finished with them.

He's bad with deadlines. Nintendo needs smash to launch this year.

Iwata will push it even if it's not as good as Sakurai was meaning for it to be when he casually said "let's make one for 3ds and wii u" to Iwata and about 2 days later Iwata revealed it.

What new zeldo was we sawed the artstyle for? Zeldou has no art yet, only talk. It's widely assumed to be in a realistic style due to them releasing wind waker instead, after saying they're not sure if they wanted to do ww style or realistic(TP/OoT I believe they said), this points to them deciding on the latter, which is what most people wanted when the Wii U was announced, maybe now they changed their minds because the Wii U doesn't have a flux capacitor or some rainbow, because they're just prepubescent little girls deep down inside their ball sacks.

What Capcom said was that they need to focus the franchise on younger gamers because their fans were getting too old to play games.

1. Gamers don't really get too old to play games, they may have less and less time because of more and more commitments to a job or family, but they usually keep playing.

2. It points to Call of Duty gameplay in the next part of the franchise, whither that is 7, 8 or a new spin-off series, it's not what most fans of the series want, thus abandonment of established fanbase.

They may as well kill the franchise and create a new "IP" for whatever they want to try out, but no, they want to cash-in on name-recognition, when the series is completely stripped of everything that made it an IP at all.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

What new zeldo was we sawed the artstyle for? Zeldou has no art yet, only talk. It's widely assumed to be in a realistic style due to them releasing wind waker instead, after saying they're not sure if they wanted to do ww style or realistic(TP/OoT I believe they said), this points to them deciding on the latter, which is what most people wanted when the Wii U was announced, maybe now they changed their minds because the Wii U doesn't have a flux capacitor or some carp, because they're just prepubescent little girls deep down inside their ball sacks.

I think he's referring to people complaining about the art style in A Link Between Worlds.  The review at IGN, for example, in a very strange move, deducted its score for having a "divisive art style."  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Seriously,  I've had enough of this. They always  complain. Welcome to real life.

This site is about the only site where people aren't closedminded morons  and where are actually  able show some respect. Uhm...yeah, okay.

So you know, that Sakurai blog. First comment on  the site I first read it was "I am more and more getting the feeling this game will be rushed. :/" What the  heck? How is a blog about a beloved game developer putting his heart and soul and time  in something important such as balancing an indicator that this game will be "rushed"? Honestly, I'm feeling that way too. A developer can put their heart, soul, and time into a game and still rush the final product. That's more of a legitimate concern rather than a close-minded complaint.

It's not just this guy. A lot of Nintendo "fans" just like to hop on the D00MD TR4IN. Those probably aren't so much "fans" as they are "lolbandwagonletsdoit" types of people.

People never actually have something positive to say, while the gaming industry is far from a bad place (as opposed to its community). Actually, I agree and don't agree with you here. I'll explain why later...maybe. 

A new Zelda is announced with NON-LINEARITY and everything fans wanted and still people try to diss it for A. it's  not better than a 20 year old classic everyone loves B. artstyle sucks  C. it's too short even WHILE BEING LONGER THAN A LOT OF ITS PREDECESSORS. Uh...I haven't heard any real "complaints" about LBW except "eh, I'm not wild about the art style" from people. As for game length...it is a little bit on the short side for a Zelda title, but it's not awful.

Then there's always the endless war to which  consoles are "better" while the truth is, no console is any better. It's people's  personal preferences. applause-1.gif

Capcom releases a statement in which they explain that THEY think is the selling power of Resident Evil (which isn't even far off tbh) and the gaming community goes batrainbow insane "they abandoned teh franchise" with nearly  no good arguments being given. I believe the main argument is "turned RE into a dudebro shooter and made 'horror' mean 'moar gore'"

Hell, even Capcom themselves stated RE7  will be survival  horror yet people are STILL COMPLAINING,  even though that is what they asked for. Probably because the last time they said this, we got RE6, and that game was still focusing on the "dudebro shooter" aspect. RE: Revelations was a step in the right direction, but I'm afraid they won't go that way again.

The gaming community is a giant hypocritic mess and I'm totally fed up  with most "gamers". Yes, it is. And I'm fed up with them too. I'm mainly annoyed that apparently having fun with a game isn't enough anymore (despite that video games are meant to be hobbies, and hobbies are meant to be fun) to most people, or if a game doesn't "innovate" enough, it's no good. Just give me a fun game, I'll play it.

Responses in bold. Also, don't circumvent the swear filter. Next time is a warning.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

Its not a simple black and white matter, if you start lumping everything into two all encompassing categories you are are the same exact thing you are complaining about. You need to assess each individual thing you come across, because all things are different.

For example, capcom said with re7 they will stop completely trying to make survival horror, as they believe the reasons people arent buying their re games is because the original consumer base is now in their 30-s to 40's, and have become disinterested in gaming (only because gaming has become a hideous garbage mockery, a twisted parody of why we used to game, not because we dont want to game anymore) and will now focus on capturing teens and preteens by showcasing brand name fashion apparell.

.... Yes, I know this sounds like a joke...

No, sadly it is not a joke, this is actually what capcom is doing. This is the plan they laid out to the investors. "The longevity of the Resident Evil title also comes with problems," Capcom said in this white paper on the history of Resident Evil. "The main user group is now in their late-30s to 40s, and the average age is also going up as the series goes on with an increasing possibility that some percentage of the existing users will outgrow games altogether." Since then, Capcom tells investors, they've been "collaborating with fashion brands which are popular among young people," and have done things like open a Resident Evil restaurant in Tokyo. "These collaborative events are opportunities to be enjoyed by non-gamers as well, so it is important to plan them so that anyone can enjoy them and not aim them at a section of our core gamers.

Capcom very clearly would rather take easy risk free money from fools than craft the gaming masterpeices the audience they are pretending doesnt exist any more has been asking for for years.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

I think he's referring to people complaining about the art style in A Link Between Worlds.  The review at IGN, for example, in a very strange move, deducted its score for having a "divisive art style."  

Oh yeah, portable games.

Don't people always hate on zeldo's portable games regardless?

I liked spirit tracks and phantom hourglass.

They're the only 3D zeldo's I've ever enjoyed.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

I don't remember hearing anyone say they thought Smash was being rushed.  Maybe I wasn't paying much attention.  The only thing  I heard people complaining about is that the way Sakurai talked about balancing, didn't sound very balanced at all.  It just made it sound like Bowser is going to be slow and easily interruptible.  It makes him sound easy to win against based on just that.  And Sakurai keeps saying that he is doing so much of this himself, and he is the same man who personally balanced brawl.  Sure that game had a more casual mindset when he was developing it, but still.

Like others have said, there's a lot of people with different opinions, speaking out at different times.  And you can be sure that someone, somewhere, will find a way to nitpick something, no matter how good it is.  The question becomes, "How legitimate of a complaint is it?"  These RE complaint are starting to sound more and more legitimate as time goes on.

#16 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

smash rushed? doubt that. people complained because they expected a summer 2014-fall 2014 launch and there were rumors of a spring 2014 launch, earlier than what they expect.  considering there is no subspace emiserry and they dont need alot of assets to make the game, it shouldnt take to long. 

all i care about is if they release balance updates later on for the inevitable balance issues the community will find, even if the game was in development for 20 years.

if the game was campain based then there might be reason to worry.

Edited by tboss, 31 December 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#17 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Oh yeah, portable games.
Don't people always hate on zeldo's portable games regardless?
I liked spirit tracks and phantom hourglass.
They're the only 3D zeldo's I've ever enjoyed.

Seriously though, why do you type Zeldo? Seriously.

#18 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Its not a simple black and white matter, if you start lumping everything into two all encompassing categories you are are the same exact thing you are complaining about. You need to assess each individual thing you come across, because all things are different.

For example, capcom said with re7 they will stop completely trying to make survival horror, as they believe the reasons people arent buying their re games is because the original consumer base is now in their 30-s to 40's, and have become disinterested in gaming (only because gaming has become a hideous garbage mockery, a twisted parody of why we used to game, not because we dont want to game anymore) and will now focus on capturing teens and preteens by showcasing brand name fashion apparell.

.... Yes, I know this sounds like a joke...

No, sadly it is not a joke, this is actually what capcom is doing. This is the plan they laid out to the investors. "The longevity of the Resident Evil title also comes with problems," Capcom said in this white paper on the history of Resident Evil. "The main user group is now in their late-30s to 40s, and the average age is also going up as the series goes on with an increasing possibility that some percentage of the existing users will outgrow games altogether." Since then, Capcom tells investors, they've been "collaborating with fashion brands which are popular among young people," and have done things like open a Resident Evil restaurant in Tokyo. "These collaborative events are opportunities to be enjoyed by non-gamers as well, so it is important to plan them so that anyone can enjoy them and not aim them at a section of our core gamers.

Capcom very clearly would rather take easy risk free money from fools than craft the gaming masterpeices the audience they are pretending doesnt exist any more has been asking for for years.

Wow....Capcom really REALLY needs to either get bought our destroyed. 

pNgecl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!