Photo

Sony has sold through 4.2 million units of the PS4 as of December 28th.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

There hasn't been one game that is as good as The Last of Us on the Wii U. Super Mario 3D World is awesome, but it doesn't really match up the masterpiece that The Last of Us is. 

I think the word's you're looking for are "in my opinion"

I'ts my impression that a few people on these forums, would disagree with that, but i could be wrong.

All the same, SM3DW and Wonderful 101 holds way more interest for me than the last of us so...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#22 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Windwaker > the Last of Us. That's my opinion and i'm sticking with it.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#23 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

I think the word's you're looking for are "in my opinion"

I'ts my impression that a few people on these forums, would disagree with that, but i could be wrong.

All the same, SM3DW and Wonderful 101 holds way more interest for me than the last of us so...

Well this is a forum mostly full of Nintendo apologists. So...

#24 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

Windwaker > the Last of Us. That's my opinion and i'm sticking with it.

@thechamp This obliterates your argument as WW has better gameplay and story line IMHO than TLOU.  I do think the TLOU is a very compelling game and one of the best to release in recent memory. (I wish it was on the 360 so I can play it more than just borrowing my siblings PS3)  The Storyline of TLOU is also classic but out of the two WWHD is Kobe and TLOU is just Wade!!!

#25 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

Really?! On Wii U forums?!!

Ho.Ly.Crap.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#26 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

I knew this was going to happen. I knew someone wasn't going to get the obvious joke.

difference between "getting" and joke and the "joke" not being funny.

#27 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:41 AM

TLOU is a great game, no doubt about that. In fact, it's the best Sony exclusive I've ever played. What I'm saying is that there are still lots of games better than it but TLOU just gets more limelight just like GTAV simply due to hype and because the dudebros want to find a game to rally behind. If anything, either Metro:Last Light, Brothers (this the most), 3D World or Rayman Legends should be GOTY but they aren't as "mature" enough for the dudebros aside from Last Light.

Edited by Stromdeath, 08 January 2014 - 06:47 AM.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#28 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

TLOU is a great game, no doubt about that. In fact, it's the best Sony exclusive I've ever played. What I'm saying is that there are still lots of games better than it but TLOU just gets more limelight just like GTAV simply due to hype and because the dudebros want to find a game to rally behind. If anything, either Metro:Last Light, Brothers (this the most), 3D World or Rayman Legends should be GOTY but they aren't as "mature" enough for the dudebros aside from Last Light.

What's with all the "dudebros" hate? You hate people that love to laugh and act stupid with their friends?

#29 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Well the Last of Us is more compelling than any game that Nintendo has put out with the Wii U. You sound pretty salty man. 

LOL! TLOU was not that great by any means. Just another game going for gritty realism taking away from gameplay trying to be more like a film with a  very unlikeable character and more Ellen Page. A better game at being cinimatic with gameplay is Asura's Wrath. Was basically Uncharted with mushroom men and only 4 enemy types. The game was pretty meh. Naughty Dog is so overrated it's not even funny. uncharted 1-2 a fun decent romp. Uncharted 3 is pretty bad. Crash on PS1 sucked. Jak & Daxter is a loose game. Jak II was just ok.

They get way too much credit. I'd take Wonderful 101 over anything they make. I always buy all the systems and never stick to one camp. Just Naughty Dog is more trend than anything and make Games of the Week.

Edited by Ryudo, 08 January 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#30 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

LOL! TLOU was not that great by any means. Just another game going for gritty realism taking away from gameplay trying to be more like a film with a  very unlikeable character and more Ellen Page. A better game at being cinimatic with gameplay is Asura's Wrath. Was basically Uncharted with mushroom men and only 4 enemy types. The game was pretty meh. Naughty Dog is so overrated it's not even funny. uncharted 1-2 a fun decent romp. Uncharted 3 is pretty bad. Crash on PS1 sucked. Jak & Daxter is a loose game. Jak II was just ok.

They get way too much credit. I'd take Wonderful 101 over anything they make. I always buy all the systems and never stick to one camp. Just Naughty Dog is more trend than anything and make Games of the Week.

Man you're so edgy. 

#31 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

Man you're so edgy. 

You think he's edgy? I'd play sonic free riders over tlou or ANYTHING ON THAT piece of crap called the ps4!

#32 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Man you're so edgy. 

DqJebof.jpg

That's more accurate

#33 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

DqJebof.jpg

That's more accurate

help, i cut myself

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#34 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:51 AM

This thread went from being "great for Sony" to "headache for everyone".

I hope you have them feel prouds

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#35 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

The PS4, IMO, is the result of looking at your current customer base and asking yourself, "What do they really want in this product?". Outside of paying for PSN, it really gave the PS360 audience everything it could possibly want in a console. The Xbone tried to please other people in spite of their gaming audience. 

It is as though Sony asked people what they wanted, while MS and Nintendo tried to tell them what they wanted. It is not surprising to see the results. 

*Am I the only one who felt like Uncharted 3 was Uncharted 2 with a different narrative? Call me crazy, but it was like the 'Mario'd' a serious game without the gameplay variety (well, the fist fights were new). 

#36 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Microsoft have no doubt contributed heavily to the success of the PS4 with their disastrous reveal and E3 conference.

That said quite why people rushed out to get a PS4 when there really isn't any compelling software on the console is beyond me, people must have had money to burn.

That said I have to hand it to Sony, they played a blinder with their marketing and they are reaping the rewards they sewn.

#37 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

Microsoft have no doubt contributed heavily to the success of the PS4 with their disastrous reveal and E3 conference.

That said quite why people rushed out to get a PS4 when there really isn't any compelling software on the console is beyond me, people must have had money to burn.

That said I have to hand it to Sony, they played a blinder with their marketing and they are reaping the rewards they sewn.

Outside of successful marketing, I think many people run out to buy the next gen systems to see the graphical upgrades in person. I realize that sounds stupid, yet many will never take the PC plunge, yet are wanting to see this massive upgrade to the same game (COD/BF/Madden). I cannot fault them for that. I am the type of person that would get the endorphin rush at the thought of new hardware though. I cannot understand those that get excited for tablets or phones, but I can get behind gaming tech in such a way.

#38 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

I think what a lot of Nintendo fans don't realize is that the majority of ps4/xbone fans play 3rd party games, with 1st party games being a bonus, and so pick the hardware that they feel will give them the best experience all around. I know with ps3, i played only 3rd party games (wasn't a fan of the 1st party games), but I loved the UI, the fact that I could play any kind of video file without hassle, playstation plus, etc. Also, the fact that Sony isn't trying to take over your living room with all this xbox tv crap is a bonus for some people. I have TV for TV, I want a console that is primarily focused on GAMES. Stop trying to tell me what I want Microsoft.

#39 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

The PS4, IMO, is the result of looking at your current customer base and asking yourself, "What do they really want in this product?". Outside of paying for PSN, it really gave the PS360 audience everything it could possibly want in a console. The Xbone tried to please other people in spite of their gaming audience. 

It is as though Sony asked people what they wanted, while MS and Nintendo tried to tell them what they wanted. It is not surprising to see the results. 

*Am I the only one who felt like Uncharted 3 was Uncharted 2 with a different narrative? Call me crazy, but it was like the 'Mario'd' a serious game without the gameplay variety (well, the fist fights were new).

I think what a lot of Nintendo fans don't realize is that the majority of ps4/xbone fans play 3rd party games, with 1st party games being a bonus, and so pick the hardware that they feel will give them the best experience all around. I know with ps3, i played only 3rd party games (wasn't a fan of the 1st party games), but I loved the UI, the fact that I could play any kind of video file without hassle, playstation plus, etc. Also, the fact that Sony isn't trying to take over your living room with all this xbox tv crap is a bonus for some people. I have TV for TV, I want a console that is primarily focused on GAMES. Stop trying to tell me what I want Microsoft.

Sony marketing team are horsing genius.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#40 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

Sony marketing team are horsing genius.

With respect to MS and Nintendo, innovation is a difficult area. The automobile was a left field innovation when people wanted a faster horse. However, Nintendo and Microsoft really hurt themselves with price and the proportionate value proposition. Mr. Yamauchi always stated that hardware was an obstacle to get to the software. He was stating this when talking about the GCN's price. 

MS adds unnecessary stuff, and Nintendo brings out the gamepad, which, at this point, could probably be considered as a non-required peripheral (provided they changed the required parts about the online infrastructure).

I wonder how this console, priced at $250 out of the gate, named Wii 2, with a pro controller that retained the mic and gyroscope functionality would have sold. The initial problems would have remained, but with units flying off of the shelves, third parties might have remained on board. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!